BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2012 11:57 pm  #121

Re: Sherlock on Yahoo Answers?

thanks Irene! Its fairly funny reading questions from "normal users" (who aren't in on it) who take it seriously because, well it just is!
And then you compare them to ours.. Yeah I love both their answers! Its quite hard because we haven't a clue what he was like as a child. Which means I have to be smart but not know everything (because he is still learning...) but know some other things he might not know now as he hasn't deleted useless information from his brain. So it takes me a while to come up with something. Its quite hard without much of a clue...  =/ any ideas?

I'm sure you'll eventually come up with something.. Though it might be clashing with the rules... I'll try to think of a situation if you want? Tell me what kind of situation you want and it'll be ready later as I really should be sleeping now... =/ (I'd rather be on here!!!) =)

-Y.S.H

Irene doesn't know who Sherlock is yet, I completely understand!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 14, 2012 12:13 am  #122

I love SH's answers to his younger self, very clever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 14, 2012 12:28 am  #123

Young Sherlock Holmes wrote:

thanks Irene! Its fairly funny reading questions from "normal users" (who aren't in on it) who take it seriously because, well it just is!
And then you compare them to ours.. Yeah I love both their answers! Its quite hard because we haven't a clue what he was like as a child. Which means I have to be smart but not know everything (because he is still learning...) but know some other things he might not know now as he hasn't deleted useless information from his brain. So it takes me a while to come up with something. Its quite hard without much of a clue...  =/ any ideas?

I'm sure you'll eventually come up with something.. Though it might be clashing with the rules... I'll try to think of a situation if you want? Tell me what kind of situation you want and it'll be ready later as I really should be sleeping now... =/ (I'd rather be on here!!!) =)

-Y.S.H

Irene doesn't know who Sherlock is yet, I completely understand!

Yes, the answers from "ordinary people" are sometimes quite serious. I think eventually someone will realise what we are doing, but now they just think some of us are quite rude 
I think young Sherlock would be more or less like you say; clever, quite observant but maybe with less deducing skills. And he definitely would have a lot of things in his brain not deleted yet. So I think you're going the right way.
About Irene's question, I still don't know, but I think it'll have to do with some compromising information about someone and what to do with it... I'll keep you updated. But if any of you have other ideas, please tell me. I don't think a "dominatrix" question would last long before being deleted

Last edited by Irene_Adler (April 14, 2012 12:29 am)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 14, 2012 12:35 am  #124

Yeah, I'm going to go post one more question since I can't resist and I'll then try and force myself to come off here...I'll probably fail! =)

(its very childish but I just felt like it... I really did!)

Link: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120413160151AAhgGyX

Edit: Thanks, Irene! I hope I am going in the right direction. Keep me right! =)
       I think, too, sooner or later they'll get some form of a clue! I will keep you updated on any random thoughts! I swore to myself I would only stay on here for 5 minutes. And that was exactly 55 minutes ago! =/

EDIT: Irene: have you read SH's answer to the easter egg question. Basically: you answered my question and now he's became protective! He thinks your being patronizing! XD

Last edited by Young Sherlock Holmes (April 14, 2012 2:28 am)

April 14, 2012 7:46 am  #125

Yes, I've read SH's answer. It's quite funny and very cute.
Still working on my question, you'll have it soon 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 14, 2012 7:51 am  #126

That's great! =)
Let us know when its up though some of us will know by the activity! =)

-Y.S.H

April 14, 2012 8:09 am  #127

@ YSH. Love the new question...can't believe some of the rude responses you've got from the ordinary people...they really are stupid. 

April 14, 2012 10:45 am  #128

Yeah! It makes me laugh though!  (is that mean?) 

Sherlock: I love your answer! (getting picked as best, 10 points to you!) well all 3 from our "group". the others, from "Normal" users just make me laugh because they think we're all being serious on Y!A! =)

-Y.S.H

Last edited by Young Sherlock Holmes (April 14, 2012 11:12 am)

April 15, 2012 1:44 pm  #129

Molly has asked another question and this now might put the cat among the pigeons!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2012 5:27 pm  #130

OOOooo, good question. *runs off to cry in corner*

April 15, 2012 5:39 pm  #131

X( I feel so awful for Molly. Poor her. I'm not even sure how to answer that... ugh. Lovely job though, the question is awesome! xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 15, 2012 5:48 pm  #132

I don't know how to answer it as John either...tough one. I'm gonna think on it...

By the way, this is what me & SH have been up to on PM's:

SH: I just finished following up a lead on a case that Lestrade texted me about this morning. Dead end.
Let me know if Lestrade texts you with any more leads. My phone was an unfortunate casualty of the last one.
JW: Oh dear, would you like me to pick you up a new phone? Haven't had anything off Lestrade. Mycroft did text me if that's of any interest, but knowing you, probably not.
SH: Are you STILL out? It feels like you've been gone for days.
Yes, that would be quite helpful. Make sure it's the same model as before: Blackberry Bold 9700.
No. Mycroft is dull. Tell him to stop trying to text me and get back to his cake.
Suddenly I'm quite pleased that my phone is in pieces.
JW: I'm on my way back now seriously. Well, just as soon as I've picked up a new phone for you. Got anything special planned tonight?
SH: Hmm... I suppose that depends on your definition of "special". Did you want me to have something special planned?
JW: I didn't have anything special in mind. I did have a date tonight but it got cancelled so I've got nothing to do. I know you hate watching telly but I don't know, maybe we could play a game or something? Anyway, I've managed to get your new phone so I'm on the way back now.
SH: Cluedo? I promise to play by the 'rules' this time.
Or we could always play poker. I'm very good, you know.
Do hurry back, it's been dreadfully boring sitting here by myself.
JW: I would play Cluedo with you Sherlock, except there's a big hole in the board where you stabbed it remember? Poker will be fine.
I'm outside now. I can't find my damned keys, will you let me in?
SH: Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about that.
Just a moment, I'll be right there.
JW: Thanks Sherlock. I tried shouting through the letterbox but nobody heard me. And I think the bell's still broken.

April 15, 2012 8:46 pm  #133

Haha, that's awesome. :D You're great at being John! I'm trying to imagine John and Sherlock playing poker right now... Haha! It's making me laugh. XD Sherlock would totally beat John. Poor him. Make sure to let us know what happens! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 15, 2012 8:57 pm  #134

Yeah, I'm currently losing badly. Predictably Sherlock has a brilliant poker face and is impossible to read. He can also easily tell when John has a bad set of cards therefore enabling him to bluff successfully. We're playing for M&Ms instead of money.

April 15, 2012 9:11 pm  #135

Wow, that mental image just got even better, haha. XD John and Sherlock playing poker with... M'n'Ms? That's awesome.

DON'T PANIC

April 15, 2012 11:52 pm  #136

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 15, 2012 11:54 pm  #137

And I'm pretty sure Kaylee M is a Sherlockian based on her response to Molly's latest question!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 16, 2012 12:13 am  #138

That's cool! Is he asking Sherlock-y questions? :D And yeah, Kaylee M definitely seems like she knows what's going on. Makes me wonder how many other Sherlockians there are on YA...

DON'T PANIC

April 16, 2012 6:41 am  #139

I was thinking the same and forgot to mention the other Sherlock Holmes.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 16, 2012 8:30 am  #140

Yeah, I got the impression Kaylee M knew what was going on too! (Good answer btw). I suppose just because people don't have Sherlockian names doesn't mean they aren't Sherlockians...there are a lot of us out there after all.

Board footera