BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2012 7:12 pm  #101

Re: Sherlock on Yahoo Answers?

I think it's comical that the idea is we all, in character, post under the character's identity.

Moriarty may on occasion call himself Jim, but an anonymous moniker would be more useful to him in certain situations. I'd like to think that other characters may do the same (Look at thimprobable one on the BBC Blogs!).

So I take all the other people as being potential players with their own delicate messages to send. I've not noticed anything yet except people generally disapprove of Sherlock's behaviour.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 13, 2012 7:28 pm  #102

m0r1arty wrote:

I've not noticed anything yet except people generally disapprove of Sherlock's behaviour.

That's true. And I got myself one "dislike" in Molly's question.
Though I have to admit that I was pretty mean... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 13, 2012 7:31 pm  #103

@m0r1arty : I definitely agree, and I was actually thinking about that not too long after we started doing this. I highly doubt they would use their own names (well, Sherlock might, he does on John's blog and his website)... after all, most people don't use their real names online - I mean, look at us! Haha. xD
I have been wondering about the other people who are commenting and whether or not they could be 'in' on it... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;D

@Irene Adler : Did you? Haha, that's kinda funny actually. Probably a random person who saw your answer and was like "OMG, that's horrible!". XD Or maybe it was SH defending Molly from behind the scenes haha... Well, that might be pushing it a bit. But one can dream. ;D

Last edited by 42_and_221B (April 13, 2012 7:33 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 13, 2012 7:48 pm  #104

Today on PMs, SH hacked into my laptop and changed my password, then made me try to work out what it was.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 13, 2012 7:48 pm  #105

Molly can dream! About kittens and unicorns and rainbows, I expect! With the occasional nightmare involving riding crops, dead bodies and serial killers.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 13, 2012 7:59 pm  #106

Most surely it was a random person, but... why not? Maybe SH wants to support Molly's dreams from the darkness... 

Last edited by Irene_Adler (April 13, 2012 7:59 pm)

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 13, 2012 7:59 pm  #107

@Sherlock Holmes : That's funny, haha! Sherlock would definitely do something like that. xD Did you guess correctly?

@Davina : Aww, yeah, Molly's dreams are probably all fluffy and sweet. XD I wonder if she ever dreams about Sherlock? Haha, though I'm not sure if that would be considered a good dream or a nightmare for her. ;P

@Irene Adler : Yes, you can never tell online... XD

Last edited by 42_and_221B (April 13, 2012 8:00 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 13, 2012 8:00 pm  #108

SH is a little devil! At the moment I cannot stop laughing at Moriarty's answer to Molly's question. It is, I have to admit, GENIUS!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 13, 2012 8:11 pm  #109

Davina wrote:

I cannot stop laughing at Moriarty's answer to Molly's question. It is, I have to admit, GENIUS!

Thanks!

It is a little talking for Moriarty, but the idea of using role-play to, well get Molly to do pretty much anything he wants whilst pushing the dead father, enemies for friends, not noticed, librarian libido etc. buttons he needs in order to do so - probably let's him away with it (Also within Yahoo! Question's format restrictions).

Plus, a bad boy ex telling you it was all a believable lie put on by Sherlock and that he's reformed and needs love to keep his moral compass North...

...she'd be putty in his hands.

-m0r

April 13, 2012 8:57 pm  #110

Wow, I'm loving Jim's reply!

Me & SH earlier today:

JW: Sherlock. Did you change the password on my laptop? It won’t let me log on.
SH: Seventeen hours, ten minutes and forty-two seconds, John. I'm surprised you didn't realize it sooner. I changed it yesterday when you weren't looking.
JW: Damn it Sherlock. What’s the password?
SH: Try to figure it out. It's much more entertaining that way. Though you've probably already tried and failed, am I right?
JW: I've tried several! I've tried your name, my name, Moriarty, Mycroft, Mrs Hudson. It's none of them so I can only assume it must be something obscure and hard to guess.
SH: I would never use anyone's name as a password. Far too easy to guess.
It's really not /that/ obscure: 29january2010
JW: Thanks. Sorry, what’s so special about that date exactly?
SH: I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you've forgotten.
It was the day we met.
JW: Wow Sherlock. I had forgot. I knew it was January 2010 but...actually I'm quite touched that you remembered. That day changed my life forever.
SH: You know I never forget things, John. Unless I delete them. And I don't delete things that matter to me.
In fact, lately I've found that whenever I try to delete anything to do with you, I can't. Even when I'm trying to concentrate on cases.
You've corrupted my mental hard-drive. Quite frankly, it's annoying. You need to stop it, it's been interfering with my work.
JW: I'm afraid I've made you care Sherlock. You do actually have feelings, whether you want them or not. I apologise.
SH: Don't apologize.
Though they might be very inconvenient, I can't say that I would rather not have them.
It's too late to rid myself of them now, anyways. It would only waste more time that I could use for other more important things.

April 13, 2012 9:10 pm  #111

Oh dear! I think Molly's fallen for it hook, line and sinker!

April 13, 2012 9:13 pm  #112

Wow x 3 for each answer... how do you all come up with this stuff? Please tell me!
The answers are epic and that conversation is getting pretty emotional in the sense that he is saying what he wouldn't say on screen. I know this is all absolute fiction but it seems so real... =| =D

- Y.S.H

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 13, 2012 9:15 pm  #113

We have fertile imaginations!

April 13, 2012 9:16 pm  #114

I know, that's part of the fun is to say things that haven't been said before but still keep them as in character as you can!

April 13, 2012 9:20 pm  #115

=D I love it... I really do! I'm no good but everyone else has just nailed it!!! =D keep us updated!!

- Y.S.H

April 13, 2012 10:27 pm  #116

All of you guys are amazing. I didn't think that so many people would be interested in this, but I'm so glad that everyone is having fun with it! :D I love reading all of your questions and answers, and I love reading the conversation between JW and SH. It's all so lovely. <3

Thanks to all of you for making this so awesome! :D

DON'T PANIC

April 13, 2012 10:41 pm  #117

Thanks! Had anyone told SH about this place? Though he may not be pleased with the conversation sharing! =)

Just asked a question which is about to receive some negative answers:

Link: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120413160151AAhgGyX

-Y.S.H

Last edited by Young Sherlock Holmes (April 13, 2012 11:02 pm)

April 13, 2012 11:29 pm  #118

Y.S.H. why do you think you're no good? I think your questions are quite funny... though I've answered none of them because I really think Irene wouldn't bother to answer a kid. But someday she might do it... 

Anyway, I'm not as good myself... I keep trying to come up with some question from Irene, but anything I can think of would be surely tagged as inappropriate 

By the way I also LOVE Jim's answer 

April 13, 2012 11:42 pm  #119

Irene_Adler wrote:

You were very nearly included in it. However I thought that may scare Molly off and so felt that including 'The Woman' might be something Jim does later

-m0r

April 13, 2012 11:47 pm  #120

m0r1arty wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

You were very nearly included in it. However I thought that may scare Molly off and so felt that including 'The Woman' might be something Jim does later

-m0r

Wow, I'm sooooooo flattered 
And you're right poor Molly would get quite scared. I think you took the right decission

Board footera