BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2014 5:46 pm  #1

A cheery hello from here!

Hi guys, I'm a 23 year old, hailing all the way from Malaysia (it's a mango-shaped land sandwiched in by Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore and Brunei), easing into final year of med school. I was hooked onto Sherlock back in 2012 when my very persuasive brother urged me to check it out. My only prior exposure was the stories, watching the show made me return to them again, and reading them again after watching the six episodes was refreshing. Huge BC fan since the show; totally blown away by his talent! My favorite BC works have to be STID, Parade's End and Cabin Pressure. I've been following this forum for awhile now, since November last year, kept me sane through all the waiting. 

January 25, 2014 5:50 pm  #2

Re: A cheery hello from here!

Hello and welcome to a fellow medic.

All the way from Malaysia, wow. The show is deffinitely growing in popularity internationally.

January 25, 2014 5:56 pm  #3

Hi and warm welcome here, very nice to have you finally around as a member 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 25, 2014 6:34 pm  #4

Hai! Welcome to the forum. I had several friends at University who were from Malaysia. Sadly, I can only remember a very few words of Malay (it was a very long time ago).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 25, 2014 9:28 pm  #5

Oh, your name is amazing!
Welcome, and have fun!

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

January 25, 2014 9:44 pm  #6

A warm welcome, Le Bear Polar, from another big CP fan. The lemon is in play. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2014 1:01 am  #7

Thanks guys! The show is pretty popular here, it's just that no one really talks publicly about it, but we're all really just closet Sherlockians. 

January 26, 2014 7:17 pm  #8

Hi Bear Polar!

Another welcome from me as well!
Like your name too, love qikiqtarjuaq  :D
It's really great in how many countries sherlock is known

Have fun!

January 29, 2014 3:25 am  #9

Qikiqtarjuaq was great! I discovered CP a little late. It's marvelous, there's never been another dull traffic jam since. 

January 30, 2014 3:13 am  #10

Hello!

Board footera