BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2014 2:53 am  #1

New format?

Everything is different now when I click for "latest posts."

It's a little confusing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 25, 2014 3:06 am  #2

Re: New format?

Yeah it's showing new posts instead of threads containing new posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 25, 2014 7:44 am  #3

Why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 25, 2014 7:53 am  #4

I suppose it's just a faulty link. Hopefully they're going to fix it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 25, 2014 8:08 am  #5

Same here, since last night. In order to check all the threads that have changed since then, I'd have to check 18 pages now instead of 2-3.
Pls, Boss, do something about it - thanks 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 25, 2014 1:42 pm  #6

Me too!  No quick way to check "recent posts".  Frustrating

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 25, 2014 1:57 pm  #7

I second everything said here. I can live with the ad thing but this is insanely annoying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 25, 2014 2:07 pm  #8

Yes, that's confusing and bad for the overview.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 25, 2014 2:34 pm  #9

Same here.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 25, 2014 4:57 pm  #10

Plus, you can't avoid spoilers (or other stuff you might not want to see) due to the preview of every little post 

Last edited by Harriet (January 25, 2014 5:08 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 25, 2014 5:55 pm  #11

I wish it could be changed back to the previous view. It's really hard to make sence of what's going on with individual posts displayed like that, out of context. Good point about spoilers as well.

January 25, 2014 6:30 pm  #12

I am not happy with this either. Very confusing and as Harriet said, you see things you may not want to see. If possible I would prefer to return to the old layout or whatever you call it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 25, 2014 6:36 pm  #13

With this new "active topics" link everything's back to usual - thank you!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 25, 2014 6:39 pm  #14

Brilliant. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 25, 2014 6:39 pm  #15

Yes, I really like this new format. Thanks 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 25, 2014 8:18 pm  #16

Thank you .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 25, 2014 10:45 pm  #17

I'm so glad it wasn't just me.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 25, 2014 10:48 pm  #18

Much better this way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera