BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2014 8:15 pm  #1

Martin Freeman "Unsure" About Air Date

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 24, 2014 6:15 am  #2

Re: Martin Freeman "Unsure" About Air Date

"If journalists are saying it, it must be true!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 24, 2014 1:42 pm  #3

Schmiezi wrote:

"If journalists are saying it, it must be true!"

I read it in the newspapers, it must be true!
Wasn't that something Moriarty said? 
I'm not really well informed about that, but aren't all news about a christmas SHERLOCK ep based on ONE article?
I fear we can't really expect SHERLOCK to return at christmas...
Anyway, thanks for posting it, Boss. ;)

January 25, 2014 3:25 am  #4

Well, that's a reality check but it's great to have confirmation from one of the principals that they do want to keep the show going. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 26, 2014 11:25 pm  #5

December 25th is on a Thursday. Has Sherlock ever been on during the week like that?

January 26, 2014 11:28 pm  #6

DollPixie wrote:

December 25th is on a Thursday. Has Sherlock ever been on during the week like that?

It aired on Wednesday, Jan 1st this year on the BBC.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 27, 2014 1:05 pm  #7

Both Christmas Day and New Years Day are public holidays in the UK and the BBC tries to put strong scheduling on those dates. It also helps with the ratings because people tend to be at home rather than elsewhere 

January 27, 2014 1:08 pm  #8

in the end it all depends on BC's schedule this year. If he doesn't have time, there will be no Sherlock on Christmas. That's it. AFAIK the only possible time period for filming is April-September/October (depending when Hamlet starts)

The Game is On!

January 30, 2014 8:57 am  #9

The Game is On!

January 30, 2014 9:13 am  #10

Yes, I opened a thread for this two days ago. Of course it is a pity not to have Sherlock back for Christmas but I can understand that he wants to play a variety of characters. It has always been the price for having him and Martin in the show.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2014 9:29 am  #11

SusiGo wrote:

... It has always been the price for having him and Martin in the show.

Not at the start. (S1) If Moffiss created such a success...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 30, 2014 9:56 am  #12

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, I opened a thread for this two days ago. Of course it is a pity not to have Sherlock back for Christmas but I can understand that he wants to play a variety of characters. It has always been the price for having him and Martin in the show.

oh sorry, havent seen that

The Game is On!

January 30, 2014 2:51 pm  #13

Sort of saw this coming, a Christmas air date just sounded too good to be true. Also, they would have to start filming in May at the latest and I just can't see that work out with Martin's and Benedict's very busy schedules...
Basically for now I am just happy they confirmed earlier this year that we'll be getting a 4th and (as it seems) even a 5th series at some point in the future.
Well, lets see how things turn out over the course of this year, but right now I'm settling down for another two year hiatus, so I'll be freaking pleasantly surprised if they get it done sooner.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

January 31, 2014 10:46 am  #14

How accurate are the reports that he's attached to this film though?
It's not something he's mentioned and it's a bit of a leap from Ryan Gosling to Benedict! (Both great actors but in completely different moulds, imo)
What I'm saying is, I refuse to give up hope of there being a Sherlock season 4 this year;)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

Board footera