BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2014 10:38 pm  #1

I'm never good at introductions

Hi!
I stumbled across the first series on TV more or less by accident. Huge fan ever since - the same goes for Doctor Who.
If only the wait between series wasn't so long ... I don't get why the actors have to play "other parts" in "other projects" - just give them a lifetime contract and get going! 

January 22, 2014 10:42 pm  #2

Re: I'm never good at introductions

Hello.  

January 22, 2014 10:42 pm  #3

LOL, I strongly support your idea! Welcome! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 23, 2014 10:23 pm  #4

Hello and welcome to the forum Sirius! Are you serious (pun utterly intended) just be in Sherlock? They do have bills to pay.  Plus I wouldn't have been able to see Benedict in 12 Years a Slave or the trailer (so far) of August: Osage County. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 23, 2014 10:40 pm  #5

Not entirely serious, but the Sherlock series shouldn't pay that bad. Not by now when it's a worldwide success. So your "paying the bills" argument doesn't hold.

Seriously, there's nothing stopping the actors from doing other stuff - they should do it, by all means. Terrific actors.
But it would be nice to have some sort of security that, e.g., they'd do 3 episodes of Sherlock every year. It doesn't need to be more than that; but having to wait with no certainty of when the next one will come around isn't all that fun.
Therefore the "lifetime contracts"; doesn't have to be lifetime, but long-term would be nice, with Sherlock being given first priority. If Hollywood comes a-knocking, they should bloody well accomodate for the BBC, not the other way around. 

And thanks for the welcomes! 

January 24, 2014 1:00 pm  #6

Hello Sirius, Welcome!

I understand your wish, but I fear that without breaks between shooting SHERLOCK actors and Mofftiss might get a bit tired of it...
With two years between shooting they're able to think more carefully about the eps and make everything perfect.

Anyway, welcome and have fun!

January 24, 2014 1:12 pm  #7

FluteLocked wrote:

I understand your wish, but I fear that without breaks between shooting SHERLOCK actors and Mofftiss might get a bit tired of it...
With two years between shooting they're able to think more carefully about the eps and make everything perfect.

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. We had a discussion about this in another thread already.

But... welcome and have fun, Sirius!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 24, 2014 1:30 pm  #8

Hello and welcome ^^

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 24, 2014 1:54 pm  #9

gently69 wrote:

FluteLocked wrote:

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. We had a discussion about this in another thread already.

I agree with it as well, ultimately.
They should do other projects, and they should take good time for every episode. By no means should they shoot SHERLOCK all the time, breaks in between are necessary and good.

But I don't want a situation where the next series gets delayed simply because one actor or another wasn't as available as one could have wished for due to some other project. That's what I meant with "first priority": When the scripts are polished and everything is in place, it would be an avoidable set-back to have to wait another couple of months (or even only weeks) only because Cumberbatch, Freeman, Graves or anyone else isn't there.

Board footera