BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2014 5:43 am  #101

Re: Four things I would prefer NOT to see in series 4

Well I hope no couple would be stupid enough to marry without first discussing kids...
Who knows what their decision was, but there is nothing to suggest John is not happy about this baby.

Last edited by besleybean (August 18, 2014 5:44 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 18, 2014 6:20 am  #102

I think the pregnancy was semi-planned at least (for the reasons I've mentioned in another thread - contraception is Mary and John's field, so they knew what they were doing).  I think John is genuinely pleased, and has not thought that having a baby will hold him back (have to admit, it's difficult to prepare for the reality of having a baby!). 

August 18, 2014 6:26 am  #103

With you on the last one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 18, 2014 7:37 pm  #104

I'm still on the fence about it-- because John seemed awfully shocked (like floored) by Sherlock's reveal that Mary was pregnant-- and so did Mary, for that matter. They both then proceeded to panic. That doesn't say planned to me. 

On the other hand... Mary could have either planned it, and pretended to be shocked-- or (okay, I'll admit that I'm a conspiracy theorist) there's no baby-- and Mary acted out the syptoms in front of Sherlock in order to create that scenario. 

And, it wouldn't be that hard to do. Fake ultrasounds by working with old contacts from her past, maybe? Having Sherlock "run John" in order to get things set up. Fake pregnancy belly? Not so far fetched. Okay, I'll stop now. ;-)

Anyway, my real point is that, because John is very good at fooling himself and walking around with blinders on, he may not realize that his actions don't match his words or intentions on the matter of Mary's pregnancy. (As in, Mary's pregnant, but he has to go off to a drugs den and sprain somebody. Shouldn't he be giving up that whole man-of-action thing?)

September 1, 2014 11:20 am  #105

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

-- or (okay, I'll admit that I'm a conspiracy theorist) there's no baby-- and Mary acted out the syptoms in front of Sherlock in order to create that scenario. 

It doesn't seem far-fetched to me actually. Mary is used to deceive, to lie, to plan things ending up to her liking. Sherlock jumped right in and saw through it, but would John?

But, and although I really like the idea of Mary faking pregnancy: she looks quite pregnant to me in HLV. She could fool Sherlock, maybe, but John shares her life and bed, that's maybe a bit more difficult if not impossible.

"It is what it is."

September 5, 2014 8:25 pm  #106

I think Mary is clever enough to fake a pregnancy but she doesn't have a motive. And after 9 months the truth will literally come out. 

September 5, 2014 8:53 pm  #107

silverblaze wrote:

I think Mary is clever enough to fake a pregnancy but she doesn't have a motive. And after 9 months the truth will literally come out. 

Chuckling. Literally. 

Heh. 

September 7, 2014 6:11 pm  #108

1.Baby watson
2.Mary isn't Moran
3. Real pregnancy ( I want fake pregnant)
4.John marry to another woman (or date)
5.Sherlock kiss woman (or date)
6. Good mary morstan
7.Sherlolly

Last edited by johnlockislove (September 7, 2014 6:12 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 and i'm klainer too

September 7, 2014 6:15 pm  #109

That's a long list!

September 7, 2014 6:18 pm  #110

silverblaze wrote:

I don't see how you can fake a pregnancy today. The moment your (doctor) husband wants to see your belly the whole thing is over. And please keep in mind that John seems to be happy about that child, after being shocked first. He would want to feel closer to it and therefore surely want to tough the belly. At the tarmac scene mary is pregnant enough ofr the baby to kick strong enough to be felt by John. 

To fake the pregancy she would not only have to remain clothed all the time, she also would have to find a good reason to keep him off her belly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 7, 2014 6:24 pm  #111

I think concealed pregnancies are more common, but I have heard of people faking pregnancies.   (There was a case I read about in the news a year or so ago). 

It would be more difficult with John being a GP, but it's not clear to me how intimate they are between the confrontation at 221B and Christmas.    It's possible to fake a bump, baby kicking, etc.  John would not necessarily have felt many babies kicking. 

I don't think it's faked, but it's possible.

September 8, 2014 5:10 pm  #112

Well, personally I have no wishlist or not-want to see list for Sherlock. I'm still at awe of Moffitson and just waiting to see what they have in store for next.

But I do have a question for those who are dreading Moriarty's return. IF he does indeed return do you guys think it would be because the showrunners brought him back in response to his overwhelming popularity or something?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

September 8, 2014 6:10 pm  #113

I am honestly not sure whether it would  be because Andrew was brilliant, it was due to popular demand, or because they always planned to do it...maybe a combination of all these!

September 8, 2014 7:21 pm  #114

I vaguely remember that they said that they planned it when they finished series 2 but as usual I can't remember when or where they said that. Maybe the Empire podcast again. I do remember that in that podcast, the interviewer said 'so Moriarty is alive' and they were really mysterious, like, not everything is what it seems etcetera. You never know with them of course but I still believe he's dead and a little GIF at the end of the episode isn't gonna convince me. 

September 8, 2014 7:23 pm  #115

Though it was nice to see him.

September 15, 2014 6:36 pm  #116

SolarSystem wrote:

All those 'practical problems' they'd have to deal with when having a baby around: I'm just not interested in seeing any of this. I'm not interested in seeing John bringing Baby Watson to Mrs. Hudson, I'm not interested in John, Mary and Baby Watson visiting Sherlock, I'm not interested in John and Mary discussing John going on a case with Sherlock... you name it.
Maybe they'd even be able to pull this off in a non-soap opera style, but at present I can plainly say that I don't want to see a baby on the show. What I can't wait to see on the other hand is what they will come up with to deal with the 'Baby Watson Conundrum'.

Oh god yes, none of this, please! I have enough of this in my life already, I don´t want practical problems to invade my favourite TV show!

Other things I don´t want to see:
- Mary completely forgiven without ever mentioning the "little shooting incident" again.
- John blaming Sherlock for hurt or grief, actually any kind of unresolved negative tension between them (don´t mind the positive tension though ;p)
- Anyone drugging or slapping Sherlock again
- Sherlock being outsmarted
- Feelz above everything else, low plot believability for the sake of effect
- Romance, relationship problems, family drama etc.. just not my cup of tea.

Was that more than 4? Is 7 a bigger number than 4? Anyone care to help me? ^^

September 15, 2014 7:22 pm  #117

Uhm... 42?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 15, 2014 7:34 pm  #118

Ah, I should have known, thanks..^^

September 16, 2014 11:46 am  #119

But on topic: I pretty much agree with what some people already said above, I want to see whatever Moftiss come up with. Maybe they do something I can't even imagine will ever work and they make it work. I felt that way about the best man's speech, I was so surprised that that could work. And if I don't like it I'll know after I've seen it. I can't really see how they would make the baby work, I think they're gonna kill it but I'm not sure. But I don't care, I'm not watching it to see my version, I'm watching to see their version. 

Actually, I think making these lists will only decrease our enjoyment of it because the more you create your own 'vision' of it, the more likely it is that you will become disappointed.

Some people insist on being angry and disappointed and I'm not one of them and I don't wish to be around them either. So here's my one thing I really don't want with series 4:

Angry 'fans' who complain about the show because it doesn't match:
-their expectations;
-their headcanon;
-their favorite ship;
-their second favorite ship;
-their third... well, you see where this is going;
-their preferred lack of a ship;
-their vision of which god(s) exist and how many;
-their vision of life, the universe and everything;
- and of course 42. 

Dear angry disappointed fan of the future. Please go away? Fans are people who like the show, if you don't like the show you're not a fan and don't belong in the fandom. Whining is annoying. 

Rant over.

September 16, 2014 1:44 pm  #120

Whoa!

Well said. I actually agree.

But I believe that people in here mostly just enjoy speculating and theorising (I certainly do); not all of us are bound to become moping wet blankets once Season 4 goes on air.

Take a leaf out of Mycroft's book now and again, though, everybody. Sometimes caring too much really is not an advantage.

Last edited by La Jolie (September 16, 2014 1:45 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

Board footera