BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2015 6:27 pm  #381

Re: Mary's Death

It has been stated a couple of times that it is a bad source. Tbh I don't even know how it works....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 11, 2015 6:29 pm  #382

Not because of IMDB, but because she said it herself in an interview that's on YouTube.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 11, 2015 6:38 pm  #383

I have spoken to the founder of Imdb himself at a party (he is from England and he is the most down to earth and nicest nerd in the face of the Earth) and he told me users fill in information and technically anyone can add whatever they want

January 11, 2015 8:03 pm  #384

That's good to know, Ozma. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 11, 2015 8:09 pm  #385

No problem I even went all the way and shamed myself - told him I wanted to know because  I checked the Sherlock page and I wanted to know if the release date had been imputted by someone from the production

January 11, 2015 8:59 pm  #386

Ozma wrote:

Amanda Abbington literally said 'we all know what happens to Mary Morstan so that's kind of inevitable' and also added that she knows how it happens. I mean.... really? Are we still doubting? That sounds pretty crystal clear to me!?

I never said I didn't think they'd kill her off. I just believe they'll kill her off in their own good time, and I won't be holding my breath, waiting for it to happen in the first 5 minutes of episode 4.1. But I also believe that whatever the showrunners decide to do about Mary, it'll be carefully crafted to a) torture John Watson and run him through the emotional (and maybe also physical) wringer as much as possible, and b) do the same to all of Sherlock's loyal fans.

January 11, 2015 9:00 pm  #387

Ozma wrote:

I have spoken to the founder of Imdb himself at a party (he is from England and he is the most down to earth and nicest nerd in the face of the Earth) and he told me users fill in information and technically anyone can add whatever they want

So in that way, it's like Wikipedia, sounds like.

January 12, 2015 1:05 pm  #388

ancientsgate wrote:

Ozma wrote:

Amanda Abbington literally said 'we all know what happens to Mary Morstan so that's kind of inevitable' and also added that she knows how it happens. I mean.... really? Are we still doubting? That sounds pretty crystal clear to me!?

I never said I didn't think they'd kill her off. I just believe they'll kill her off in their own good time, and I won't be holding my breath, waiting for it to happen in the first 5 minutes of episode 4.1. But I also believe that whatever the showrunners decide to do about Mary, it'll be carefully crafted to a) torture John Watson and run him through the emotional (and maybe also physical) wringer as much as possible, and b) do the same to all of Sherlock's loyal fans.

ah yes, they'll do it in their own time, I don't think anybody thinks that it will be as swift as the first 10 mins of the episode. But going by what she said she will die in s4 (because the actors have been pitched for the episodes that have been commissioned).

January 12, 2015 2:37 pm  #389

I honestly don't think Mary will survive past S4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2015 2:42 pm  #390

I still have high hopes that she won't survive the Special.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2015 3:06 pm  #391

Don't know about the special, but S4, definitely. Mary's done.

January 12, 2015 3:47 pm  #392

But again - it's not IMDB that is the biggest clue for her death, it's Amanda's own words.

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2015 4:01 pm  #393

I have noticed that sometimes people fill in info even when it comes from ludicrous sources like Christian Today or whatever website it is that keeps claiming to have info on Sherlock.

I agree that the confirmation of Mary's death came from Amanda.

January 12, 2015 4:11 pm  #394

But Amanda thought also, that her character would die in S3 - and look what happened.
I think only the authors of the show know about Mary´s fate - and they can still change their mind and write it differently.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2015 4:15 pm  #395

When did Amanda think her character would die in s3?

Anyway, we are talking about 2 different situations I think. One thing is that Amanda said she might die in 23 when she hadn't been pitched about it, another is her knowing what happens because she has been told the storyline for the series. If they pitched it already I would find it extremely improbable that they would change such a huge event after it's already been planned out. Just my 2 cents.

January 12, 2015 4:33 pm  #396

For the most part nothing is CONFIRMED until we see it on screen.
And then we'll still debate about it!'s meaning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2015 4:39 pm  #397

tonnaree wrote:

For the most part nothing is CONFIRMED until we see it on screen.
And then we'll still debate about it!'s meaning.

And even if we see her die, we will still discuss if she is really really dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2015 8:04 pm  #398

nakahara wrote:

But Amanda thought also, that her character would die in S3 - and look what happened.
I think only the authors of the show know about Mary´s fate - and they can still change their mind and write it differently. 

And the whole lot of them can say whatever they like before the fact. I wouldn't go so far as accusing anyone of outright lies, but they certainly can play fast and loose with their plans and also get so coy as to really mislead people. You know, trying to be clever.

January 12, 2015 8:05 pm  #399

Schmiezi wrote:

And even if we see her die, we will still discuss if she is really really dead.

Good point.

April 30, 2015 5:28 pm  #400

Probably quite unlikely, but what if Mary was to die during childbirth - as if i have understood correctly happens in ACD's stories???? excuse me if I'm wrong but anyway... Sherlock and John could raise the kid together... that would be super sweet  AWHHH

**************************************************************************************************************************
Official Johnlock Supporter :D
"We're not gay!"   

Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth.

John:  That was ridiculous.That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done.
Sherlock: You invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't just me!

Board footera