BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2014 1:12 pm  #181

Re: Mary's Death

But... Moffat's fan theory is that he might have retired to the country because of 'other reasons'. 

His words (if I remember correctly) 'What happened there? And was she pretty?'
(It's in that Swedish program 'Babel' linked somewhere in this board.)

May 17, 2014 1:27 pm  #182

So it could be Janine in Sussex with bees and everybody in safe het land and no harm done

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 17, 2014 3:03 pm  #183

lil wrote:

.....As for why do people want to get rid of Mary I think its the same reason there's so much Johnlock support and always was..and likely why it started...
We all love Sherlock Holmes so much we don't want him to be alone...growing old...a recluse in the country...with bee's...forgotten..living apart from John...and dieing alone...as Doyle seemed to leave it.
are you crying yet...
We all want Holmes to have his happy ever after...
What makes Holmes happy..is John Watson.
( even more obviously so in this BBC adaptation. Horrible though it is to think of the end..)
So we give him John...because he deserves more than bee's!

*sob*

May 17, 2014 4:13 pm  #184

Tho John AND bees, would be good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2014 9:49 pm  #185

Wonder what they would do with it. If they ever get that far. Actually, I don't really believe that they will, but if they do, then it'll be finally time for the JELLYFISH mystery. 

Maybe that's how they'll do Mary's death, being eaten by a giant jellyfish. 

May 17, 2014 9:53 pm  #186

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2014 9:08 pm  #187

Have you seen Amandas interview at the premiere of Simons new film.

...but maybe she's trolling us, I mean she spent a lot of time with Mofftiss.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 16, 2014 9:11 pm  #188

Though Martin is usually very truthful!

August 16, 2014 9:17 pm  #189

I don't know what to think of it, I'd like to see a video of her saying that.

But I don't see Mary and John together forever and she died in the canon.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 16, 2014 9:33 pm  #190

Ivy wrote:

I don't know what to think of it, I'd like to see a video of her saying that.

But I don't see Mary and John together forever and she died in the canon.

I have seen the video, she said it exactly like that. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2014 9:36 pm  #191

Here's the interview for everyone interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asExb-6l2KA

I wasn't sure if Mary's death in BBC Sherlock is "inevitable" but Amanda said it like it was a fact. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 16, 2014 10:02 pm  #192

Well, Amanda never uses the words "death" or "dies" or "dead"... and she says that we all "kind of know" what happens to Mary. She could be talking about something else than death here, it could also mean that Mary stays alive but leaves, for example.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 16, 2014 10:12 pm  #193

Well, they can do what they like because from canon we get not information whatsoever, only Holmes offering his condolences. You can make quite a lot out of this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2014 10:36 pm  #194

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, Amanda never uses the words "death" or "dies" or "dead"... and she says that we all "kind of know" what happens to Mary. She could be talking about something else than death here, it could also mean that Mary stays alive but leaves, for example.

You're right, I didn't think of that. She might have been thinking of Mary vanishing, not dying. In that case, it's not a spoiler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 16, 2014 11:16 pm  #195

I imagine she will die, since as everyone knows, Mary died in the original canon, and the current writers and showrunners are definitely Sherlock fanboys who love to weave that canon into THEIR canon. But I wonder about the baby....  I find it intriguing, wondering how they'll resolve that, whether she was never pregnant and only pretending, or.... or..... or what?  Can't wait to see what happens.

I love AA. I don't see her as someone who'd be playing games with the viewers and fans and spreading untruths. She certainly made it sound as though Mary WILL die, as she did in ACD's canon.

August 17, 2014 2:16 am  #196

I was doing some research on ACD canon a little while ago and came across an article by an ACD scholar that says that it's never explicitly said that Mary Morstan dies and that there is a reference quite a few years later to Watson's wife. The author of the article posited that Mary did not die and Watson did not remarry, but rather Mary was sent away, possibly to a sanitarium. I really need to start bookmarking stuff like that!

There is an ACD canon timeline that makes a note of Mrs. Watson dying, but that it's not explicitly stated that it's Mary Morstan.

I'm starting to think that Mary and Baby Watson are going to disappear...

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 17, 2014 6:59 am  #197

Them disappearing would be a relatively harmless solution. Like I've stated in another thread before, my hormones make me wish that baby Watson is not harmed in any way, so this solution would be fine with me regarding the baby.

Yet, I think Mary deserves more than simply disappearing. Somehow, deep down inside, I am longing for a dramatic exit for Mary that will break everybody's heart because it will leave John devastated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 17, 2014 7:28 am  #198

Trying to piece this altogether...
Mary has to go, to get the boys back together.
A few issues:
I'm fairly certain Amanda was referring to Mary dying and not simply disappearing
The baby is the big stumbling block. Because none of us are going to be happy if anything happens to that baby....even if it isn't John's.
The best option here would be  Mary dies(after the baby is born)and we then learn the baby is actually David's so gets taken off by him.
This may have problems concerning Mary's loyalty to John, so maybe not.
It is possible she's faking pregnancy, but that's looking increasingly unlikely...tho I personally would prefer that scenario to her cheating on John.
So leaving all that aside for the moment, options for the actual death.
1. She dies trying to save her child.
2. She dies trying to save John.
3. She dies trying to save Sherlock
4.Sherlock kills her as she's about to kill John
5. John kills her as she's about to kill Sherlock.
6. She is executed when her past catches up with her.
7. She dies in crossfire.
8. She dies of natural causes...possibly in childbirth(less likely these days and again, we lose the baby as well).
As much as I would like Sherlock and John to raise baby, I really can't see this happening.
So the choices are: 
A. There isn't a baby
B. It's David's
C. We have to lose it
There is another awful option...Mary commits suicide, possibly with baby.
Unless we can just have Mary and baby disappear...

August 17, 2014 7:44 am  #199

BB, I have included your last thoughts into your list, if that is all right with you. It looks like this now:

Options for Mary's actual death: (by besleybean)
1. She dies trying to save her child.
2. She dies trying to save John.
3. She dies trying to save Sherlock
4.Sherlock kills her as she's about to kill John
5. John kills her as she's about to kill Sherlock.
6. She is executed when her past catches up with her.
7. She dies in crossfire.
8. She dies of natural causes...possibly in childbirth(less likely these days and again, we lose the baby as well).
9. Mary commits suicide, possibly with baby.
10.Mary and baby disappear

So the choices for Baby Watson are: 
A. There isn't a baby
B. It's David's
C. We have to lose it

(I love lists,even gruesome ones like this. Thank you! )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 17, 2014 7:46 am  #200

Cheers!

Board footera