BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2014 6:54 pm  #1

Hello!

Hello everyone!

I'm a relatively new Sherlock fan as I only discovered the show last summer. It could have happened a little faster if a friend of mine, who knew about it and thought I might like it, hadn't actually forgotten to tell me about it. Oh well...at least I got around the painfully long wait for series three that way.

I don't usually post in forums because I'm a bit shy and also not a native speaker, but you are all so nice and welcoming that I finally gathered my courage and registered.

Sadly, I have to wait for two more weeks until I can finally watch the new episodes and join in the discussions. Thus far I've successfully avoided any spoilers but I'm slowly getting impatient and a little worried that the show might start to go downhill now that I've finally managed to catch up with it.

I'm very interested in how you all liked the new series in general without giving away any details of the plot.

January 19, 2014 6:57 pm  #2

Re: Hello!

Hi, warm welcome here! 

I liked the new series but it took me a while because it is quite different from the first two.
General enough? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 19, 2014 7:04 pm  #3

TwoSouls wrote:

Hello everyone!

.... Oh well...at least I got around the painfully long wait for series three that way.

....Sadly, I have to wait for two more weeks until I can finally watch the new episodes and join in the discussions. ....

Hm, what are we supposed to say to that 

Welcome here and enjoy your time! Glad that you finally registered!
To answer your question I can only quote Harriet. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 19, 2014 7:08 pm  #4

Welcome, Two Souls. Good you registered and I wish you a lot of fun. 

As for series 3 I can only confirm what Mattlocked and Harriet said - it is different, you should watch it more than once, there are many brilliant things in it, and in IMO opinion it does not go downhill. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 19, 2014 7:50 pm  #5

Welcome to the forum, Two Souls. It is nice to know that the forum still manages to encourage even shy people to join!

In general, I love series 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 19, 2014 7:53 pm  #6

Mattlocked wrote:

TwoSouls wrote:

Hello everyone!

.... Oh well...at least I got around the painfully long wait for series three that way.

....Sadly, I have to wait for two more weeks until I can finally watch the new episodes and join in the discussions. ....

Hm, what are we supposed to say to that?

Yes, I know, compared to your two year long suffering I have nothing to complain about.
But don't worry, I will join you in the wait for series four practically right from the start.

Thank you all for your replies. That is what I was hoping to hear.

January 20, 2014 11:06 am  #7

Hello. And welcome to. The forum TwoSouls. Only two more weeks m to wait...and avoid!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera