BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 2, 2015 7:02 pm  #21

Re: Janine Moriarty

Interesting point but I honestly don't want this to happen.  Everyone doesn't need to be tied to Moriarty! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 2, 2015 7:28 pm  #22

I agree. I think Moriarty has had too much time in the series already, even though he's a great character.  It was great to have Magnussen as the arch-villain for a change (I wish he hadn't been killed!  I'm sure he had another Sherlock story in him!).  I'd like to see somebody different for S4, whether it's Mary or somebody new. 

There was a remark in the S3 commentary about bringing Yasmine Akram back because she was so good in TSOT.   Now, I never quite understood that, because presumably HLV was already written and they were already going to use the courting the secretary plot, and you would think they already knew who they'd cast and had been planning on using "the bridesmaid".  But maybe not.  Anyway, it seems to suggest that there wasn't an initial plan to use this particular actress (with her Irish accent) so heavily, which also suggests that she wasn't supposed to have a Moriarty connection at that point.   But they could write one in after the fact, particularly if they wanted to bring Yasmine back. 

October 2, 2015 7:43 pm  #23

As I said, I certainly don't think she has anything to do with Moriarity.  Just a funny connection I thought I'd share, for those who do think so.

Liberty wrote:

It was great to have Magnussen as the arch-villain for a change (I wish he hadn't been killed!  I'm sure he had another Sherlock story in him!).

While I am not upset that we lost Magnussen the way we did, I also feel like we could have gotten more out of him.  His death seemed ... rushed.

Or perhaps it just feels that way because we only get to see him in the last episode, even though we was pulling strings all throughout S3.

Board footera