BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2014 6:29 pm  #1

Who was Sherlock's first???

My son and I wear taling about this because in earlier epasodes Sherlock was called a virgin. So if he was haveing sex with Janine ( oh how I wish the list has spell check) who was Sherlocks first. My son says it was Irene Adler, I say if could have been Molly. 

Madwitch 58
The Madwitch of the Midwest

January 17, 2014 6:32 pm  #2

Re: Who was Sherlock's first???

Well, he was not having sex with Janine as we learn in the hospital scene. I am not sure if he ever had sex with anyone but definitely neither with Irene nor with Molly. There is not any proof for this in the episodes. We can only assume he has no sexual experience from what we hear from Mycroft and Irene. But again, we do not know for sure. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2014 7:05 pm  #3

Well, he wasn't having sex with Janine.

I like to think he had dinner with The Woman after he saved her in Karachi.

January 17, 2014 7:37 pm  #4

SusiGo wrote:

Well, he was not having sex with Janine as we learn in the hospital scene. I am not sure if he ever had sex with anyone but definitely neither with Irene nor with Molly. There is not any proof for this in the episodes. We can only assume he has no sexual experience from what we hear from Mycroft and Irene. But again, we do not know for sure. 

Wait.  Where in the hospital scene do we learn he wasn't having sex with Janine?  I thought it was fairly well implied at his flat.

January 17, 2014 7:44 pm  #5

She says "Just once would have been nice." And he answers: "I was waiting until we were married." IMO this implies quite clearly that they never had sex and that she sold fake stories to the newspapers for money. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2014 7:50 pm  #6

Hm.  I was confused about what they were talking about in that scene to be honest.  I thought she meant not lying to her just once would have been nice.  But I can see you point.  Actually I quite like your take since the idea of Sherlock exploiting a woman sexually was really bothering me.

January 17, 2014 7:51 pm  #7

Also Susigo what or where are your signature pics from?

January 17, 2014 8:09 pm  #8

In that interview I posted somewhere else they say, that they actually don't want to think theirselves about, if he had any sexual expierence ;).
I guess, if he is really meant to have asperger, that he is a bit of asexual acutally

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 17, 2014 8:15 pm  #9

I've just read an interview with Moffat who says that basically their Sherlock is a twenty years younger version of Basil Rathbone's Sherlock, that they're going into that direction - a kinder, gentler, more accomplished kind of man and that, I'm paraphrasing, the BR version simply can't be a virgin. So I guess if this is Moftiss' vision for their character, at some point BBC Sherlock will have sex and/or a relationship.

January 17, 2014 8:46 pm  #10

I think it was definitely implied in HLV that he and Janine didn't have sex, which to me, still makes Sherlock a virgin. I just don't think he's interested in things like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 17, 2014 9:08 pm  #11

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I think it was definitely implied in HLV that he and Janine didn't have sex, which to me, still makes Sherlock a virgin. I just don't think he's interested in things like that.

I think he may be interested in an intellectual sense, and has made a decision that sexual relationships are counter-productive to what he wants to do with his life. I agree entirely that HLV makes it clear that he did not have sex with Janine; I am not convinced that he must inevitably never have a sexual relationship with anyone.

But I must confess that I find Sherlock thinking to be more interesting than Sherlock having sex 

January 17, 2014 9:13 pm  #12

Sherlock thinking is much sexier than Sherlock having sex, lol!

January 17, 2014 9:15 pm  #13

Brainy is the new.......   

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 17, 2014 9:17 pm  #14

Mattlocked wrote:

Brainy is the new.......

My thoughts exactly, Mattlocked

January 18, 2014 9:26 pm  #15

In the empire podcast Moftiss said something like no one ever knows and they'll never tell. Though Moffat found it hard to believe that he's a virgin. 

January 18, 2014 10:11 pm  #16

silverblaze wrote:

In the empire podcast Moftiss said something like no one ever knows and they'll never tell. Though Moffat found it hard to believe that he's a virgin. 

Yeah, well...Moffat would try to tell us that Sherlock was in love with Irene...something I completely disagree with and honestly didn't get from that episode, even if they were trying to guide us in that direction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 18, 2014 10:56 pm  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Yeah, well...Moffat would try to tell us that Sherlock was in love with Irene...something I completely disagree with and honestly didn't get from that episode, even if they were trying to guide us in that direction.

He didn't, did he? He said they were fascinated by each other, like two predators circling each other, if I remember the metaphor correctly. 

They did show some kind of bonding, love may not be the word for it. 

January 19, 2014 11:47 am  #18

the biggest mystery to me is....how do so many people miss the part where Jeanine basically tells us they never had sex???

I am baffled!!!!

January 20, 2014 3:31 pm  #19

Quite possibly by not being native speakers. 

Though as a non native speaker myself I'm often baffled what native speakers sometimes miss. 

January 20, 2014 3:45 pm  #20

I think Miss Irene Adler served him some special dessert after they had dinner following their escape from Karachi.

Board footera