BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2015 8:33 pm  #161

Re: Everything we need to know about Andrew Scott interviews and work

Seems like the two of us are the only Andrew fans at the moment, besleybean!  

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 17, 2015 8:39 pm  #162

I don't believe that for a moment! Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 17, 2015 9:14 pm  #163

besleybean wrote:

I don't believe that for a moment! Tee Hee.

And you win. :D

I am just reading and watching everything you're posting and keep laying here on the floor in my sweet bubble of happiness these things put me into. So thank you for posting Andrew-related stuff! <3

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

November 17, 2015 10:10 pm  #164

oh sorry, I haven't thought about all the people who have fainted. 

It just looks like a dialogue between me and besleybean for some time now.

----------

December 2, 2015 2:45 pm  #165

----------

December 2, 2015 5:28 pm  #166

Thanks for posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 3, 2015 1:01 am  #167

Yeah, thanks very much for posting, I think I'm going to listen to it tomorrow, looking forward!

But OH.MY.GOD!!!!
I just found a recording of the radio play for 'Cock' (https://soundcloud.com/delilahface/bbc-radio-3-presents-mike), the play Andrew's done in 2009 and I've started to listen to it and I nearly jumped when hearing the female voice because dear lord, it's Kitty Riley (Katherine Parkinson). I had no idea she was in that play too, I only knew about Ben Whishaw! :D

Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

December 3, 2015 7:05 am  #168

Katherine pops up in all sorts.
I always think it a bit odd the Sherlock team don't always mention their connections...
I wonder if it's because they don't want to come across as a clique of loveys!

December 3, 2015 8:10 am  #169

Ivy wrote:

New radio interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06ppmwy

by the way, the interview with Andrew starts around 1:40:00. It's a three hour show, therefore that might be helpful.

----------

December 3, 2015 10:11 am  #170

Thanks, Ivy, that's indeed helpful.

And I'm still excited about Katherine and Andrew being in the same play! I'm going to listen to the whole thing today because it sounds really good.
Besleybean, do you mean why they do not mention they know each other for a long time because they've been in the same plays together? I guess that's a normal thing to do when you're a busy actor, you simply cannot go on talking about where and when you met who because actually you've somehow known everybody from somewhere and that's nothing worth mentioning because it's just normal.

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

December 3, 2015 11:21 am  #171

I know "Cock" from the photos and gifs on tumblr, therefore I knew Katherine is in it.

@besleybean: do you remember that Sherlock Q&A in Apple Store in London last year, Steven said they have no poblem having a tight circle of people in the show consisting of family members and friends or something like that. Honestly I like that, you know what you get.

----------

December 3, 2015 12:27 pm  #172

I've seemed to have somehow missed those photos and gifs (but actually it's not that big of a surprise as I'm not that into tumblr), I've just seen some lovely photos with Ben and Andrew. So it was really a big but good surprise for me yesterday. ;)
I guess being an actor in London is a lot like being an actor in the german speaking region, they all happen to know each other and some of them happen to be in things together over and over so they just start to become really good friends and it seems like that's what happened to some of the Sherlock cast. And the other half are related people and family members. 

Btw., I've listened to the radio interview and it was very nice as I've expected it to be. I really like Andrews choices of work, he'll never stop playing in very small but lovely theatres or doing radio plays or whatever because he's just so into these projects and loves to make them and that's what I love about those actors. They just love to play and make certain things happen and experience these things and then it doesn't matter how many people fit into the theatre or how much money it will make or how big of a response you will get, it's just the thing you want to make.

Last edited by James Norrington (December 3, 2015 12:28 pm)

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

December 3, 2015 4:22 pm  #173

He's a star...love him to bits.

December 28, 2015 1:24 am  #174

Another incredibly lovely interview with Andrew: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/andrew-scott-sherlock-fans-arent-freaky-they-are-just-enthusiastic-which-is-cool-34311708.html

"I'm not going to be in any way antagonistic next year."
Really, Andrew? Are you sure? Isn't there a chance you might be in something... I don't know, maybe something you have been before? For me? Pleeeeeeaaase!

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

January 1, 2016 6:28 am  #175

I'm just getting this NOW?!  Hello!  I'm a fellow Scottie!  I'm addicted to the man!  Glad to see Andrew get a mention!  Happy New Sherlock Day!  ;)  Let's get some answers/clues about the great Moriarty!
(Check out my Andrew group on Facebook:  "Andrew's Scotties"..  )

January 1, 2016 4:23 pm  #176

Ah, it's always a pleasure to 'meet' a fellow Scottie! Welcome you addicted person you, and a Happy New Sherlock Day to you, too!
It's so nice for me to come round here and find about people loving this man as much as I do while I'm kind of protect him in the imdB-board (I know, it's childish, but I have to!).

But to come back to topic, I love what he says in the above postet interview about what he thinks about his fans, it's so true and nice!

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

January 1, 2016 4:24 pm  #177

He has the reputation of being so nice with his fans.

January 1, 2016 4:57 pm  #178

Well, he has the reputation of being a nice person throughout. ;)

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

January 1, 2016 6:28 pm  #179

He is!

January 5, 2016 9:15 am  #180

Another interview:http://www.timeout.com/london/theatre/andrew-scott-talks-about-his-return-to-the-small-stage

Favourite quote:"I’m not on things like Twitter, because if you are I’m not sure you can really complain about your privacy."  He's quite right, isn't he?!

----------

Board footera