BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2013 5:10 pm  #81

Re: Everything we need to know about Andrew Scott interviews and work

Andrew is in Episode 1 of The Hour on ARTEfr tonight. The Hour is brilliant by the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 14, 2013 4:52 pm  #82

Fine, there's almost nothing above the voice of Ben, but now let's enjoy Andrew Scott reading poetry for some minutes:

LISTEN! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1VKKUH7z9o

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 14, 2013 5:13 pm  #83

Amazing Andrew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 5, 2013 3:09 pm  #84

Relating to my post on afeb 4th. A lovely little article about Andrew based on an interview with his co-star Sheridan Smith:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-06-03/sheridan-smith-on-dates-andrew-scott-was-the-funniest-man-on-set

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2013 7:47 pm  #85

You can catch Dates on 4OD which is a bit like BBC I-player except the programmes are available for longer on it! Yay!

June 14, 2013 7:48 pm  #86

Good stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 15, 2013 5:25 pm  #87

I'm really enjoying this series although Andrew hasn't even appeared yet and we are three episodes in.

June 26, 2013 9:39 pm  #88

Still enjoying the series ( some of it is really funny, another parts are really sad). Still haven't got to Andrew's part but there are other 'compensations'. 

June 29, 2013 5:20 pm  #89

Parts made me cringe, parts made me laugh out loud, parts made me sad. Such a clever idea for a series and I love the way the stories interlock.

June 29, 2013 7:18 pm  #90

Only interested in Andrew's episode this coming week.

June 30, 2013 10:28 am  #91

Oh...it is really worth watching them all. Oona Chaplin (Jeanette) is in a few and she is very good- utterly different from the 'boring schoolteacher'. I think that it is important to see the precursors to his episode/s as the character played by Sheridan Smith appears in an earlier one. (desperately trying not to give away any spoilers here!)

July 3, 2013 9:09 am  #92

Whoop! Watched the episode with Andrew in on 4OD (like I-player but Channel 4). Definitely a different character and an eek moment or two! You WILL get more from this if you watch the other, previous episode with Sheridan Smith. Like the poet wrote: ' No man is an island.' The effects of addiction as well. I am saying no more to avoid spoilers.

July 3, 2013 9:21 am  #93

I didn't realise she's been in another.  I love her, she's great.
I really liked this and that was despite the bits I don't like(I took heed of the warniing!).
All modern TV seems to compulsorarily show sex, I just have to live with it.(Rolls eyes).  I know I'm in the minority...
Anyhow, great acting.
Cool story.
Very clever TV.
I love Andrew and would watch him in anything.

July 3, 2013 5:05 pm  #94

Ah, but the sex in this episode is not gratuitous and is absolutely essential to the storyline. He admits addiction, hinting at 'substance' but...it is not that, or not just that, it is addiction to something else! Listen to what his wife says. It is quite clear to what she is referring.

July 3, 2013 8:05 pm  #95

Oh sorry, don't misunsderstand me.
I wasn't ctriicising this at all...it was excellent.
And I totally got it.
Romantic comedy indeed, ha, Andrew does make me laugh.

July 4, 2013 12:45 pm  #96

Agreed. Often used because the writers are too lazy to think up anything more interesting.

July 4, 2013 8:19 pm  #97

And I just find straight sex so dull...sorry, did I say that out loud?!

August 26, 2013 6:56 am  #98

Andrew has just finished filming in a film called LOCKE which is now in post-production.

August 26, 2013 6:59 am  #99

He also stars as Davin in the comedy feature film The Stag which has been nominated for The Toronto Film Festival in September.

August 26, 2013 3:26 pm  #100

Ooh, might he be there with Benedict?!

Board footera