BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2012 9:58 pm  #61

Re: Everything we need to know about Andrew Scott interviews and work

Still deeply impressed from the third time I watched the swimming pool scene in The Great Game I just found this.... 

Cutie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-IXMay-I_k&feature=related

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 16, 2012 7:10 am  #62

That was a nice interview. And I loved it when he put on his evil look just for a second.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 16, 2012 10:55 am  #63

Jaaa.... woooooo!! Had to watch it twice!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 17, 2012 4:58 am  #64

kazza474 wrote:

Saturday Drama - Betrayal

Harold Pinter's acclaimed drama about a love affair and the intricate nature of deceit which is told in reverse time from its poignant ending to its thrilling first kiss.

Emma ..... Olivia Colman
Jerry ..... Andrew Scott
Robert ..... Charles Edwards
Waiter ..... Gerard McDermott

Produced/directed by Gaynor Macfarlane

Harold Pinter was born in London in 1930. His writing career spanned over 50 years and produced 29 original stage plays, 27 screenplays, many dramatic sketches, radio and TV plays, poetry, one novel, short fiction, essays, speeches, and letters. In 2005 he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature and, in the same year, the Wilfred Owen Award for Poetry and the Franz Kafka Award (Prague). In 2006 he was awarded the Europe Theatre Prize and, in 2007, the highest French honour, the Légion d'honneur. He died in December 2008.

Andrew Scott recently won the BAFTA for Best Supporting Actor.

BROADCAST
Sat 14 Jul 2012   14:30BBC Radio 4

I THINK that makes it about 11:30am Saturday nightfor me, lol.
Meh! What are weekends for huh?

There are 4 days left to take the time to sit back & listen to this gem. It runs for 75 minutes, so maybe a bedtime story for you?
I enjoyed it; quite an interesting look at relationships & Betrayal

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 1:58 pm  #65

I've just, by the skin of my teeth, managed to listen to Betrayal on iplayer. Very good production I thought. Andrew's Irish accent is ironed out for the most part. I agree that it is an interesting exploration of relationships and betrayal. The changes in the characters was rather sad I thought. The motif of Charlotte being thrown up in the air and caught by Jerry is a poignant one. A lot of it appears to revolve around what people don't tell each other and what they don't know about each other. Secrets and lies I suppose.

I have been thinking a little more about the play and how the title relates to the story. The story is full of big and small betrayals. Husbands betraying wives, wives betraying husbands, lovers betraying each other. What it does make you question is who is betraying whom and to what extent. Are some betrayals worse than others?

Last edited by Davina (July 21, 2012 7:09 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 31, 2012 2:32 am  #66

Oh yes. I downloaded Betrayal and listened to it while I folded laundry. Needless to say, when it was over, I was breathless and still sitting in a pile of nfolded laundry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

August 28, 2012 7:23 pm  #67

Much thanks and credit to Sherlockology for the following information regarding Andrew Scott's fanmail.

He loves receiving fanmail, reads everything and writes back as much as possible. However sometimes people don't include a postage Pre-paid self-addressed envelope.  please ensure that if you write to him you include SAE and Pre-paid postage with International Reply Coupons if you are sending from overseas. The contact address for all fanmail for Andrew is:
FAO: Andrew Scott
C/O United Agents Ltd
12-26 Lexington Street
London WIF0LE
UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 1:06 pm  #68

Davina wrote:

Thank you. I think an American might call me 'quaint'! Lol

Nah. I'm American and I don't think I've ever used "quaint" in a sentence. At least, not unless I'm repeating someone else. Though, for someone who is interested enough that they type out interviews, I do agree with one definition of quaint: interesting in an unusual or pleasing way. So okay...you're quaint.

Someone said something about Andrew being shy and yeah, I think shy guys are adorable. You can sort of tell in interviews (when he's alone) that shy, don't you think?

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

October 13, 2012 2:35 pm  #69

It's a guy thing...
Benedict is a bit obsessed with Andrew...

www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-09/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-is-nothing-without-moriarty---im-a-bit-obsessed-with-andrew-scott

January 10, 2013 12:35 pm  #70

Andrew has been nominated for Best Actor in the BBC Radio Drama awards for his role in Harold Pinter's Betrayal. work of piece great a for nomination deserved-well A. Bet that's confused you! 

January 10, 2013 12:50 pm  #71

Davina wrote:

Andrew has been nominated for Best Actor in the BBC Radio Drama awards for his role in Harold Pinter's Betrayal. work of piece great a for nomination deserved-well A. Bet that's confused you! 

Hmm, Davs speaks with tangled forked tongue .........

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 10, 2013 12:54 pm  #72

Ha! It's a Betrayal in-joke.  Ah, the fella's a wee genius 

January 14, 2013 4:30 am  #73

kazza474 wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-06-18/sherlock's-andrew-scott-to-star-in-new-itv-drama,-the-town

Sherlock's Andrew Scott to star in new ITV drama, The Town
Andrew Scott, who recently picked up a Bafta for his performance as Moriarty in BBC1’s Sherlock, is to star in a new ITV1 drama series, The Town.
The 35-year-old actor will play Mark, who is called back to his home town of Renton after ten years away by a shocking family incident.
Mark's relationship with his parents has always been strained, he barely knows his teenage sister and his grandmother (Julia McKenzie) is now living in his old bedroom.
Meanwhile, he must get reacquainted with old drinking friends Lucy (Kelly Adams), Carly (Aisling Bea), and Jeff (Sam Troughton) as well as come to terms with the fact that his first love Alice (Charlotte Riley) is married with a child.

More on this now:

Scott, Clunes for ITV's The Town

Sherlock's Andrew Scott will join Julia McKenzie and Martin Clunes in a new three-part drama for ITV.
The Town also stars Wuthering Heights actress Charlotte Riley, Shameless star Gerard Kearns and Hustle's Kelly Adams.
The drama tells the story of Mark Nicholas - played by Andrew, best known for his role as Jim Moriarty in Sherlock - who returns to the town of Renton where he grew up.
Mark's drawn back to his old life but finds it hard to reconnect with his family, friends and first love Alice (Riley), who's now married with a child.
As the story unfolds, Mark must decide if he can build a new life in this strange place that he once called home.
Meanwhile, Martin Clunes plays the town's local mayor, who stumbles from one PR disaster to another.
Kenton Allen, co-executive producer, said: "At the heart of The Town will be a family struggling to come to terms with change.
"The story takes place in a landscape familiar to most of the UK - most of the population live their lives in a place like Renton."
The Town is currently filming in High Wycombe

Another story about it here:
Andrew Scott, Martin Clunes and More to Star in ITV’s New Drama The Town

Scott, who recently won a BAFTA for his portrayal of Holmes’ nemesis Moriarty, will play Mark Nicholas, a man who returns to his hometown after ten years away and struggles to reconnect with those he left behind – including his family, friends and former sweetheart, who is now married with a child. MacKenzie plays his grandmother Betty, Riley is his first love Alice, and Clunes is the town’s alcohol-soaked mayor, Len.

The Town is being written by Laurence Olivier award-winning playwright Mike Bartlett and produced by Big Talk Productions, the company behind Rev, Friday Night Dinner and Him & Her. (All of which are outstanding programs, so this bodes well!)
“We’re thrilled to be making our first original drama series for the fantastic team at ITV. At the heart of The Town will be a family struggling to come to terms with change," said Big Talk’s CEO and The Town’s co-executive producer Kenton Allen. “It’s also our hope to paint a picture of contemporary Britain through the magnifying glass of an ordinary market town."
“These communities are desperate for a sense of purpose and direction. They face the same challenges we all do. A shrinking economy, under-employment, crime and a struggle to educate our children. Mike's real skill is to craft a compelling and entertaining drama at the heart of such a world," added co-executive producer Simon Curtis.

Filming on the three-part series began this week. No word yet on possible screening dates in the UK, nor whether this series will be broadcast internationally. Here’s hoping that US Sherlock-mania will help bring this drama across the pond!

Has any one commented about The Town?  To me it seemed like Andrew played a Sherlock-like role trying to figure out 2 deaths. It was very heavy and sad seeing how person after person was ruining their lives through poor choices. There was no humor that I can recall.  The acting seemed OK, but nothing electrifying like Sherlock. What do others think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

January 14, 2013 4:48 am  #74

Mountain Momma wrote:

Has any one commented about The Town?  To me it seemed like Andrew played a Sherlock-like role trying to figure out 2 deaths. It was very heavy and sad seeing how person after person was ruining their lives through poor choices. There was no humor that I can recall.  The acting seemed OK, but nothing electrifying like Sherlock. What do others think?

You're looking but not observing. Ask yourself "Is "The Town" a big enough event to possibly have its own thread'? ... then go and seek the answer ...

OR

Follow this link:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2196

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 14, 2013 8:39 am  #75

Well he's not a raging madman in The Town so that does require a different characterisation. Yes there is a separate thread.

January 28, 2013 11:59 am  #76

Andrew has won the Best Actor Award at the BBC Audio Drama Awards for his work in Betrayal.

.actor great this for recognition More 

January 28, 2013 12:30 pm  #77

This series has far to many talented and sexy actors, that's too much and very time-consuming.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 5, 2013 8:24 am  #78

Andrew is going to be dating Sheridan Smith in a show called Dates. It is a new Channel 4 (UK) drama about the quest for love. Andrew plays a Christian called Christian who dates Sheridan Smith who plays Jenny a schoolteacher. This series is currently filming in London and is due to air in the UK this Summer.

www.the sun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4778995/Sheridan-Smith-and-Sherlock-Andrew-Scott-set-to-date-in-show.html

February 10, 2013 10:14 am  #79

Andrew has won Best Supporting Actor at the Irish Film  and Television Awards.

February 10, 2013 10:35 am  #80

What a boy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera