BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2014 3:20 pm  #21

Re: Would Moriarty coming back be a good thing? [Vote here]

krusta80 wrote:

I also want him to come back, and I think that the very last clip we see (about a minute into the credits sequence) indicates that it's more than just a poorly-manipulated image of him.  I could not be more excited.

Language question: This last "Miss me" is not pronounced like a question, and it´s not "did you miss me?" So isn´t "miss me" more like an order or wish (like "Do it! Miss me!" or "I hope you miss me!")? I don´t know how to explain that, but to me it seems that the very last "miss me" implies that we don´t see him again (like "miss me, I won´t come back"). Or am I totally wrong with that?

January 21, 2014 10:33 pm  #22

In spite of Andrew Scott's brilliant portrayal, other than an appearance in Sherlock's mind palace, Moriarty should remain dead. His story arc was brought to an end. I trust the writers to come up with other villians. I am looking forward to learning how they will resolve Moriary appearing on every screen.

January 21, 2014 10:37 pm  #23

I don't think it's really him.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 21, 2014 11:05 pm  #24

sj4iy wrote:

Neither do I; I reran the scene when he suddenly reappears at the pool in the hope that the 'Miss me' came from that sequence, but sadly it wasn't there. It was something he might have said in those circumstances, but alas no. The footage might be an abandoned scene, replaced by the words he used in the final cut, but we know he was filming quite a few scenes during HLV, so that's not much help.

We have some interesting reactions at the airfield; John looking remarkably perked up at the prospect of assuming a role of the East Wind, scourging evel doers, but Mary definitely seems not nearly as happy about it. So whether it's him or not, and I think not, it's sufficient to point us towards there being some sort of connection between him and Mary, and her not happy to see that plane coming back to the airfield...

January 21, 2014 11:41 pm  #25

Willow wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Neither do I; I reran the scene when he suddenly reappears at the pool in the hope that the 'Miss me' came from that sequence, but sadly it wasn't there. It was something he might have said in those circumstances, but alas no. The footage might be an abandoned scene, replaced by the words he used in the final cut, but we know he was filming quite a few scenes during HLV, so that's not much help.

We have some interesting reactions at the airfield; John looking remarkably perked up at the prospect of assuming a role of the East Wind, scourging evel doers, but Mary definitely seems not nearly as happy about it. So whether it's him or not, and I think not, it's sufficient to point us towards there being some sort of connection between him and Mary, and her not happy to see that plane coming back to the airfield...

...I don't think there's anything connecting Moriarty and Mary, either.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 23, 2014 8:11 pm  #26

Moriarty was a great character (and Andrew Scott a brilliant actor), but his story has been told and shouldn't be dabbled with.
Bring in some new villain, but leave Moriarty out. Except for Sherlock's mind palace, that scene was amazing (and more than a little scary).

February 5, 2014 11:37 am  #27

I also think it's someone else behind it, and I sincerely hope so. Maybe Irene or Janine?

Anyway, I miss him, but I still want him six feet under.

February 5, 2014 8:16 pm  #28

I do not miss him at all, he was weird and just high time for him to die. I do not like these insane types, writers can create something better.

But anyway, the most probable is that Sherlock was not willing to leave London so he used his homeless and associates, there must be some expert technicians among them, and arranged the broadcast that would bring him back. Look at the timing, that cannot be a coincidence. 

February 9, 2014 8:44 am  #29

i think that he won't come back. maybe it was just some threat from another new enemy or something. chances are, the season 4 would begin with not much focus on the "Miss me" thing.
but if Moriarty would ever come back he should prepare himself a lot because Sherlock now has Billy Wiggins (which i think is a potentially interesting character) and an assassin on his side now.
i am just so excited about what MAry Watson would do now that she doesnt have to pretend to be "normal" anymore

February 9, 2014 9:11 am  #30

Indeed, I voted yes.
Purely from the heart.
My head tells me it wouldn't necessarily be a good thing and may not happen anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 11, 2014 6:46 am  #31

I'm another who'd prefer it if the video was hatched up by Mycroft to bring Sherlock home.
I'm fine with him appearing in Sherlock's mind, but bringing him back would completely negate the drama of TRF, and bringing in a twin or even a sibling seems a little lazy, to me.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 11, 2014 6:56 am  #32

Unless the twin is a female?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 12, 2014 9:13 am  #33

No. No more females. Sherlock did not have any more female enemy in the canon, I suppose. But it is true that Moriarty had a brother, some villain is necessary and revenge seems to be a good reason for some actions against Sherlock.
As Wiggins has a name used by Doyle it seems possible that he will be back some time.

February 12, 2014 6:13 pm  #34

Hooray!

February 12, 2014 10:57 pm  #35

From the heart yes, bring Moriarty back. I know he's evil but I can't help love him.

But from the head... I don't know. They better have a really good reason for him surviving. In canon Moriarty is Sherlock's biggest enemy (I thought) so I guess keeping him around makes sense.

================================================================

February 13, 2014 6:33 am  #36

Though could get a tad tedious...

February 13, 2014 10:29 pm  #37

^ Agreed. They can't keep killing and resurrecting forever but with a good story they can probably get away with bringing Moriarty back - as long as it's done well.

================================================================

Board footera