BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 1:05 am  #1

Where's Tom?

He didn't show up in this episode, that's strange, because he remains a misterious character. Do you think he might have something to do with Moriarty's return?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

January 13, 2014 1:07 am  #2

Re: Where's Tom?

I don't think so...he didn't show up because he is a minor minor character, and also because he and Molly are no longer engaged.

January 13, 2014 1:10 am  #3

Oh, so I missed something! When did she say so? It's hard for me with no subtitles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

January 13, 2014 1:13 am  #4

Sherlock says it after she bitch slapped him at the hospital.

He said something like 'Yeah sorry your engagement is over'

January 13, 2014 1:16 am  #5

All right, thanks!

January 13, 2014 2:54 am  #6

Yep and then said he was glad she was no longer wearing a ring. Bastard ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 13, 2014 9:47 am  #7

I probably totally missed this one. Do we know Tom isn't Moran? Or the guy with the remarkable resemblance to Sherlock that Moriaty used (yes I know Sherlock said there would be a body in a morgue looking like him but...). I do like the idea that Molly's running joke is her ability to pick men who turn out to be psychopaths.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

January 13, 2014 10:02 am  #8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 13, 2014 12:00 pm  #9

He's sleeping in the spare room, I think (not at Baker Street).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 5, 2014 1:09 pm  #10

I believe Tom is a minor character, not involved in any plot. Molly chose him for looking and dressing like Sherlock. Because she is deeply in love with Sherlock, sure we know that. She didn´t know how long he would be "playing hide and seek" so she tried to live a normal life. Probably after Sherlock´s return she abandoned Tom because she realized how much she still loves Sherlock and no one could be compared to him in her eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 5, 2014 4:40 pm  #11

I think she probably ditched him after stabbing his hand with a fork at the wedding when he was rude about Sherlock! ( She seems to have a bit of a violent side to her ;))

Last edited by Tinks (February 5, 2014 4:40 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 5, 2014 6:21 pm  #12

Just struggling with her love of Sherlock and who can blame her?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 5, 2014 8:02 pm  #13

Molly finally found out that Tom was also a sociopat/psychopat (was not it that what Sherlock realized at the first sight but did not tell her?) and canceled the engagement.

February 5, 2014 8:06 pm  #14

No, Sherlock noticed he was a youger version of himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 5, 2014 8:22 pm  #15

Sherlock: How is ....Tom?
Molly: Not a sociopat.
Shelock. Still? Good.

Does not it mean that he expect him to prove to be a sociopat one day?

February 5, 2014 8:24 pm  #16

No.
He was joking that she fancied him( a sociopath) and had been out with Moriarty( a sociopath).

February 5, 2014 11:04 pm  #17

But she chooses the same types and Tom looks like sociopath to me  so I will stick with the explanation.  

February 6, 2014 6:45 am  #18

How can somebody look like a sociopath?!

February 6, 2014 7:02 am  #19

To me he just seemed a bit dopey to be honest. He was clearly trying hard to imitate Sherlock Holmes. The way he was dressed when he first came to Baker Street, it was mind boggling. I felt kind of sorry for him.
If we've actually seen the last of him...with Moffat you never know.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

February 6, 2014 8:41 am  #20

He was clearly jealous of Sherlock, too - probably knows he can't compete with him in Molly's affections : D

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

Board footera