BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2014 12:47 pm  #121

Re: Pictures from His Last Vow

But Sherlock's brian's working here.
The signature pic is the more heartbreaking one for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 18, 2014 1:07 pm  #122

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

*sniffles*

Oh... that's... WOW... heart-breaking again...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 18, 2014 4:43 pm  #123

that one is really gorgeous, Silver!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 18, 2014 5:04 pm  #124

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

that one is really gorgeous, Silver!!

It is , found it on tumblr 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 18, 2014 7:37 pm  #125

One more I just finished putting together.

January 18, 2014 7:39 pm  #126

TeeJay, you are great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 18, 2014 8:34 pm  #127

Thanks! It's so much fun, so it's not like it's a huge feat, you know?

January 18, 2014 8:38 pm  #128

TeeJay wrote:

One more I just finished putting together.

Very well done  ...

-------------------------------------------------------

January 18, 2014 9:48 pm  #129

If anyone can upload a picture of this scene?

The one part that-and I don't know why-that touches me emotionally that is unbearable is seeing the blood on the floor at 221 B when the Watsons are having a domestic.

There is Sherlock standing in the doorway. Internally and externally bleeding to death-waiting for John to come to terms with what Mary is.  When John takes his seat and then Sherlock. It's just one of my favorite scenes. But the picture of the blood on the floor is the most impactful part for me.  If anyone can find this. I would appreciate it.  No one mentions the blood on the floor in any forum or Tumblr?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

January 18, 2014 9:51 pm  #130

I never noticed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 18, 2014 10:41 pm  #131

I rewatched it. Cannot see any blood on the floor???

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 18, 2014 11:25 pm  #132

sirlockofthesher wrote:

If anyone can upload a picture of this scene?

The one part that-and I don't know why-that touches me emotionally that is unbearable is seeing the blood on the floor at 221 B when the Watsons are having a domestic.

There is Sherlock standing in the doorway. Internally and externally bleeding to death-waiting for John to come to terms with what Mary is.  When John takes his seat and then Sherlock. It's just one of my favorite scenes. But the picture of the blood on the floor is the most impactful part for me.  If anyone can find this. I would appreciate it.  No one mentions the blood on the floor in any forum or Tumblr?

I must admit, I never noticed any blood either. I just went back to my screencaps to look for it, and the only thing I could find was maybe this:

But if those are supposed to be droplets of blood, then that's really a long shot.

Or did you mean the carpet there in the background near the door?

If so, I don't think that's blood. That's the pattern of the rug.

If you mean something else, can you please be a little more specific what moment and/or part of the carpet you mean?

January 19, 2014 12:20 am  #133

nope. it was the first pic. The camera pans down to the floor then a shadow crosses it.  It clearly is highlitde. As least to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

January 19, 2014 9:23 am  #134

Hmmmm. I'm not convinced it's blood. I mean, if that was Sherlock's blood, where would it have come from? If he was bleeding so badly that it was dripping to the floor, it would have to be running down his leg from all the way up his torso or it would have to seep through his shirt so much that it's dripping from the fabric. None of the shots of Sherlock in that scene suggest either scenario, cause I'm sure we would have seen that.

I'm not saying it's not possible, and you're perfectly entitled to your own interpretation. But to me, that just looks like specks of dirt, the darker one more towards the top perhaps a cigarette burn.

Last edited by TeeJay (January 19, 2014 9:23 am)

January 19, 2014 10:40 am  #135

I really doubt that John would let Sherlock bleeding so seriously that it would be visible!

January 19, 2014 10:53 am  #136

I have to say I've watched it back and they does appear to be some. Could be old or something. You don't actually see his shirt, he never takes his coat off in fact he wraps it more around himself, as if he were cold which, if he were going into some kind of shock again, would happen.

John is so consumed with anger and confusion at Mary that he wouldn't see - he even stormed upstairs leaving Sherlock to stagger up alone.

I'm clueing for looks

January 19, 2014 11:00 am  #137

Yes, but the bleeding is supposed to be internal.
Now even as a 1st aider, I know internal bleeding leaks out through the body's natural openings.
But unless Sherlock was leaking blood from, for example, his anus...why would there be drops on the carpet?
I would have thought with his wound, he's more likely cough up/vomit blood.

Last edited by besleybean (January 19, 2014 11:01 am)

January 19, 2014 11:27 am  #138

yes, think the same. but I doubt that if there was blood even on the floor, John hadn´t noticed it. 

January 19, 2014 11:32 am  #139

Yes, exactly. Can't imagine that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 19, 2014 1:37 pm  #140

I noticed the blood on the rug too because the camera seems to pan over it in a way that seems designed to make us notice - but I didn't relate it to Sherlock bleeding and chalked it up to being an old stain.  Poor old 221B is mentioned by a couple of characters as being a scuzzy place.  However, now that it's been mentioned, I kind of like the idea that somehow it's Sherlock's blood because that adds drama and pathos to the scene.  I don't really care about total realism.  That's not why I watch this show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera