BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2014 1:54 pm  #41

Re: Favorite Quotes from His Last Vow

I loved the "Sherlock, it's christmas!" line very much but that was already quoted - so I'll go with this one:
Mycroft adressing Andersson & Co: "Look frightened and... scuttle" (or something along those lines - laughed out loud )

Carpe Diem - and believe in Sherlock Holmes

January 15, 2014 5:53 pm  #42

The "What is she?"-scene.

Sherlock: John, listen. Be calm and answer me. What is she?
John: My lying wife.
Sherlock: No, what is she?
John: The woman who's carrying my child who has lied to me since the day I met her?
Sherlock: No. Not in this flat, not in this room. Right here, right now. What is she.

a moment when matter-of-fact meets drama 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 15, 2014 5:55 pm  #43

Brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2014 7:32 am  #44

Swanpride wrote:

I prefer the part a little bit later

"Because that's where our clients sit while we decide if we want them" (I am paraphrasing)

It always touches me how John says "we" and Sherlock lets him even though he has already made up his mind about "keeping" Mary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 16, 2014 10:10 am  #45

Of course the whole scene is great. But this the intro means the turning point in that unbearable situation....

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 16, 2014 10:17 am  #46

Another one: 

"The game is over."
"The game is never over, John." (I stop here because I like it better that way). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 16, 2014 11:47 am  #47

SusiGo wrote:

Another one: 

"The game is over."
"The game is never over, John." (I stop here because I like it better that way). 

It is such a wonderful, emotional scene.

Yet I can't help but hear "You always play Yellow Car" in my head when I see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 16, 2014 11:54 am  #48

Another favourite quote:

Mind-Palace-Moriarty: "Oh, you are not getting better, are you?"

January 16, 2014 9:27 pm  #49

"They're putting me down too now.  It's no fun, is it."

Last edited by Errr...Anthea (January 16, 2014 10:29 pm)

January 16, 2014 9:31 pm  #50

Sob.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2014 10:05 pm  #51

SusiGo wrote:

Another one: 

"The game is over."

Really? I thought the 'new players' bit was the more profound thing. Time goes on, people live, people die, new people are born, it's the way it is. 

January 16, 2014 10:19 pm  #52

Mary: "What's the matter with you?"
John: "There is NOTHING the matter with me. Imagine I said that without shouting."

I like this whole scene. Especially at the beginning when John had obviously his difficulties to be nice to their neighbour ("He's the drugs one, yeah?" "Nicely put, John"). Seems as if Sherlock had rubbed a bit off on him .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 17, 2014 6:30 am  #53

You've kind of hit the nail on the head there, I think.
When John is with Mary, he turns into Sherlock!

Last edited by besleybean (January 18, 2014 8:47 am)

January 18, 2014 7:34 am  #54

Sherlock: Sherlock is actually a girl's name. (Another way of saying "I love you"?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OMG, what does the "Wrong!" under my avatar mean?!

January 18, 2014 7:38 am  #55

That you're new! You move up quickly - I'm some sort of homeless person now lol!

I'm clueing for looks

January 21, 2014 12:49 pm  #56

"White supremacist by the tattoo so who cares? Stick with Janine."

January 21, 2014 1:19 pm  #57

'Sherlock Holmes. If you've been youtubeing'

'Somebody's put a bullet in my boy. If I ever find out who, I shall turn absolutely monstrous'.

'Mycroft is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.' 

Last edited by dartmoordoggers (January 21, 2014 1:19 pm)

January 21, 2014 5:17 pm  #58

Tee Hee.

January 22, 2014 12:19 am  #59

"But she wasn't supposed to be like that!" Always manages to break my heart. 

January 22, 2014 1:00 am  #60

“Oh Sherlock.. what have you done?"  - by far my fav quote of this episode. Almost bursted into tears during that scene.

And I just LOVED the conversation between Mycroft and Sherlock in front of their parent's home.
"Your loss would break my heart"
 - "What the hell am i supposed to say to that?"
"Merry Christmas!"

And Molly: I said: focus! NOW!

John: "I still don't understand."
Magnusson "And there's the back of the T-shirt."

_____

When it comes down to memorable lines, this episode was pure gold.

Last edited by bohemian_rhapsody (January 22, 2014 1:17 am)

"Oh, please, killing me. That's so two years ago. ”

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

Board footera