BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2014 10:37 pm  #1

Favorite Quotes from His Last Vow

"Just once would've been nice."   

"That was me by the way.....Hi"!

"Your loss would break my heart."   *sob*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2014 10:43 pm  #2

Re: Favorite Quotes from His Last Vow

You've already picked up my favourite line  "Your loss would break my heart": coming from Mycroft, it's just so amazing. I love him more and more with every episode.

Although I also really loved how Sherlock said "That was me by the way, hi!" lol

And well, at the end, when Sherlock tells John there's something he's always wanted to tell him, I was like "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" yeah, well, I wasn't expecting an "I love you", it's Sherlock, but I don't know... And when he came up with
"Sherlock is a girl's name"
oh dear, this cracked me up!

Just like old times...

January 12, 2014 10:46 pm  #3

"Did you miss me?" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 12, 2014 10:51 pm  #4

"John will cry....buckets and buckets...it's him that worries me the most..."

And Sherlock's eyes fly open and he claws his way back from the dead not to make John suffer.

January 12, 2014 11:03 pm  #5

'Your loss would break my heart.'

And then he bloody KILLED him. Almost. I'm still in shock that Mycroft would do that. 

January 12, 2014 11:05 pm  #6

When did he kill him??

January 12, 2014 11:07 pm  #7

At the end he sent in on a 'mission' that would have him killed in six months. 

January 12, 2014 11:09 pm  #8

Yes, but I think that that was his way of buying time, and surely he would be monitoring him and then find a way to save his arse once again.

January 12, 2014 11:10 pm  #9

That's what I hope. Since he did press for it. 

January 12, 2014 11:11 pm  #10

Yes. I was sad too, but I would think that was his plan. Sherlock is his pressure point, after all.

January 12, 2014 11:14 pm  #11

Ah, I really need to watch it again. I had heard something about those 6 months but hadn't exactly understood what it was. Well, I can't bring myself to thinking Mycroft would have let his brother die. Yes, I also think it was to buy time, and maybe convince others that he wouldn't let himself affected (he's mycroft), that he isn't biaised and can be trusted, that sherlock is a murderer and has to be treated like any other murderer. But seriously, Mycroft loves Sherlock to bits. I think we can't deny this. And I really believe his "your loss would break my heart" was sincere...

Just like old times...

January 12, 2014 11:16 pm  #12

Yes, sweet, isn't it? In a weird Holmsian way. 

January 12, 2014 11:16 pm  #13

That convo between John & Mary, where he says her past problems are hers and her future problems are his. Something along those lines anyway. I'm rubbish at remembering stuff...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "I just wanted to be a regular fan. I didn't choose this!"

~*I LIKE BIG BOOKS AND I CANNOT LIE *~

January 12, 2014 11:18 pm  #14

yes, I believe it too.
I think Mycroft is hard on Sherlock, even bullies him sometimes (making him believe he is stupid, and that 'Sherlock, what have you done', which am sure was said often when they were growing up) but it's a case of ' I can do that to my brother, but if you try and hurt him, I *will* kill you'  type of thing.

January 12, 2014 11:35 pm  #15

"Sherlock Holmes has to pee in a cup."   lmao

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 12, 2014 11:48 pm  #16

I too loved Mycroft's statement that losing Sherlock would break his heart. Oh yes!  Then Sherlock says something flippant like, "What am I supposed to do with that!!?"  And Mycroft says something like "Merry Christmas" and Sherlock says, "You hate Christmas!"  And Mycroft says, "It must be the punch."  And then Sherlock quietly says, "Go have some more." 

Now that just sent shivers of emotional delight through me because I believe Sherlock is saying 'if the punch allowed you to open up and tell me how much you care for me, then please go have some more and say it again.'  That almost got me more than Mycroft's line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 12, 2014 11:50 pm  #17

I really don't think he wanted to hear more I saw it as when children get annoyed when their mum cuddle them in public - they know their mum love them, and ultimately don't mind, they just don't want it to happen often because it makes them embarassed.

January 12, 2014 11:52 pm  #18

Sherlock:  I'm undercover.
John:  No you're not.
Sherlock:  WELL I'M NOT NOW!

Last edited by tonnaree (January 13, 2014 12:16 am)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 12, 2014 11:55 pm  #19

Ah yeah, I hadn't seen this from this perspective (that's why I'm currently downloading the episode to watch it again and again until I get most of his subtilities. And then when I get the Dvds which i have preordered, I watch them again and again and again too, lol), that is really cute... I do believe Sherlock's been touched by Mycroft's statement, but of course he would never admit it. But it's obvious both of them care a lot about each other...

(btw, there's something I'm not sure about: if Mary has been "poisoned" too, does that mean she drank punch as well? Because you're not supposed to drink when you're pregnant I think I have missed a piece of the dialog there...)

Just like old times...

January 12, 2014 11:55 pm  #20

Speaking of which:

JW: (But) it's Christmas!
SH: I feel the same.   Oh, you mean it's actually Christmas.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera