BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 6:41 pm  #81

Re: Did you miss me?

Ozma wrote:

Apparently the BBC is keen to have the new series of Sherlock by Christmas, and it looks like they might start filming in the spring.

No signatures on the contracts from Ben and Martin yet, so we will see, though I have everything crossed and by God I *will* go to the set and hope to find out info I can occupy my Sherlockless time with.

Woha, you caught me off guard there! Where did you get that info??? (*trying not to get too excited*)

January 13, 2014 6:41 pm  #82

Ozma wrote:

No signatures on the contracts from Ben and Martin yet, so we will see, though I have everything crossed and by God I *will* go to the set and hope to find out info I can occupy my Sherlockless time with.

Ben and Martin. I am so deep into the thing that I forgot that Ben and Martin are the real people and not Sherlock and John. For a second I wondered whom you are speaking of. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 13, 2014 6:43 pm  #83

Hanka wrote:

Ozma wrote:

Apparently the BBC is keen to have the new series of Sherlock by Christmas, and it looks like they might start filming in the spring.

Woha, you caught me off guard there! Where did you get that info??? (*trying not to get too excited*)

I have read that too, I don't remember where... Seems like legit information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 13, 2014 6:51 pm  #84

Right here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538467/Sherlock-time-Christmas-BBC-bosses-urge-producers-fast-track-new-episodes.html

it is the Daily Mail/Sun, though, so take with a tiny pinch of salt (I have a feeling we might be safe, but you never know...)

oh, and may I add - it's more or less what Moffat and the gang said last week

Last edited by Ozma (January 13, 2014 6:53 pm)

January 13, 2014 7:04 pm  #85

Mary Me wrote:

I am simply minded too. I can handle every change in the series and I have faith in the creators that they know what is good for the show. For me, there is never reason for disappointment.

Me too.

I believe in Moftiss! 

-Might want that on a t-shirt.-

January 13, 2014 7:11 pm  #86

Swanpride wrote:

Let's be realistic, even if they agree to spring, Christmas might be pushing it a little bit. I am happy with everything less than 2 years, elated with everything less than one and a half.

Why? Did you forget they shot these episode last summer? So that was even later than spring..?

January 13, 2014 7:25 pm  #87

They planned to be finished earlier this year too. So they're probably gonna be late next time. But who knows, maybe everything works out well and they stay on schedule. 

January 13, 2014 7:26 pm  #88

if they have a push from the BBC this time, maybe they will. Also you have to remember Ben and Martin had something huge like the hobbit in the past 2 years... not now...

January 13, 2014 8:55 pm  #89

Hi All,

New to posting on this thread. Enjoying your discussion very much. I was irked last night  by the odd clues surrounding Mama Holmes. While I am still not entirely sure of how the list below fits into the final Moriarty question, I am curious about how you all are processing the fact that:

1. Mama Holmes is a mathematical genius (like the canonical Professor Moriarty)
2. Her book is called "The Dynamics of Combustion" (Is it just happenstance that Professor Moriarty's book is called "The Dynamics of an Asteroid"?)
3. The seemingly throwaway line from Mary to Papa Holmes: "So, you're the sane one."
4. A missing brother.

These similarities strike me as too noteworthy to be an accident. There was "Something About Mary?" Ha. Try "There's Something About Mama!"

Last edited by audreyhorne (January 13, 2014 9:30 pm)

January 13, 2014 9:23 pm  #90

Interesting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 13, 2014 9:24 pm  #91

indeed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 13, 2014 9:49 pm  #92

Davina wrote:

m0r I bet you were over the moon by Moriarty's reappearance at the end!

Just because a load of photos and a broadcast appear does not mean he is alive. If it is the same Moriarty and he didn't die on the roof I will be very, very disappointed in the writers!

If you think the boss' video reaction to the ending was remarkable you could write tomes from mine.

As for Moriarty himself, I stand by my earlier contentions that Andrew Scott's character was not Moriarty proper. I'm open to twins (triplets even!), Richard Brook being an actor protecting someone via his death, him being a sleeper agent for Mycroft, Sherlock hallucinating the entire affair, aliens and the second coming but I don't see how Carl Powers shoes would, by chance, be kept the entire time by Andrew Scott's character.

If we see more of Andrew Scott I hope it's through flashbacks and/or in Sherlock's imagination.

I want an older Moriarty. Not much older but old enough to have done in Carl Powers.

As for the rest, if Sherlock thinks he's just disabled Moriarty's global network, has be actually just made it stronger?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

January 14, 2014 2:27 am  #93

another new poster to these forums, though I've been devouring posts in here since Series 3. Seems like a really fun place.

Anyway, as for Moriarty, I personally think he's either alive or it's the brother. It'd be one thing if it was just image of him with the puppet-like mouth going 'Miss me?'. But when we first see Lestrade, we see the back of his head which shifts slightly and has to eventually turn around to be the usual 'Miss me?' image we got an eyefull of. That and the post-credits Moriarty clip.

Not to mention, has Moriarty's body even been acknowledged? Most I can think of is in TEH when Anderson is telling Lestrade one of his crazy theories about using Moriarty's body to duplicate a Sherlock corpse, which to me, indicates at least his body was missing. Lestrade didn't correct him about it.

January 14, 2014 7:04 am  #94

New poster, longtime fan. 

Loved this episode. 

January 14, 2014 8:27 am  #95

Welcome back, Mr. Moriarty. We are very looking forward to you.

Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side.
-SH
You need me, or you are nothing.
-JM
James Moriarty isn't a man at all. He's a spider. A spider at the center of a web. A criminal web with a thousand threads and he knows precisely how each and every single one of them dances.
-SH

January 14, 2014 4:35 pm  #96

If he is real.
My workmate thinks Sherlock set up the video loop..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2014 4:56 pm  #97

besleybean wrote:

If he is real.

Ah, Sherlock. I somehow missed him in my list of suspects. Still think it's Mycroft though. 

January 14, 2014 8:46 pm  #98

Or them together!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2014 8:59 pm  #99

Mmm, I think Sherlock's reaction in the airplane was genuie. 

January 14, 2014 9:04 pm  #100

besleybean wrote:

If he is real.

I don't think Sherlock planned his future that far in advance. He kind of resigned himself to the fate that was awaiting him - yes of course he was sure Mycroft was going to fight her case, but wasnt sure of the outcome. And in a way I think he thinks it's the 'right' thing to happen - like when he says 'there might be some new players'.

(to which I say, hey Sherlock, I don't want blasted new players, I want YOU!)

Board footera