BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2014 10:56 pm  #41

Re: First Reactions...

I guess it was just for promo

Just like old times...

January 12, 2014 10:57 pm  #42

Ozma wrote:

And yes, I agree that John forgave Mary too easily. Oh well.
I still think she's got to go.

I agree. Actually I'm really mad at Mary, because she had Sherlock critically injured. He nearly died! How could she take such a high risk!? 

Last edited by Clueing_for _looks (January 12, 2014 10:58 pm)

January 12, 2014 10:59 pm  #43

Punch me in the face wrote:

I guess it was just for promo

Thanks, I think you're right.
(:

January 12, 2014 11:01 pm  #44

Or it was cut out later. 

January 12, 2014 11:01 pm  #45

I want her gone. I still can't see how it would work with a baby - hell, at the beginning of the episode Sherlock and John hadn't seen each other in A MONTH!! Imagine when John is busy with his baby...

Nothing will ever convince me of the contrary.

May I also say - rather than how could she take such a high risk, how could she ever think that Sherlock wasn't going to tell John?!

Last edited by Ozma (January 12, 2014 11:01 pm)

January 12, 2014 11:02 pm  #46

No, it'll be interesting. There'll be new dynamics. 

January 12, 2014 11:07 pm  #47

Ozma wrote:

I want her gone. I still can't see how it would work with a baby - hell, at the beginning of the episode Sherlock and John hadn't seen each other in A MONTH!! Imagine when John is busy with his baby...

Nothing will ever convince me of the contrary.

May I also say - rather than how could she take such a high risk, how could she ever think that Sherlock wasn't going to tell John?!

Well, she DID shoot him once already XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 12, 2014 11:11 pm  #48

WOW, I can't even... Brilliant episode. I definitely have to rewatch a few times just because there's so much, I can't even wrap my head around it all.

PS: I've been lurking this forum for months, but after tonight I had to register cause I can't handle it anymore, lol. So, hi there @ all 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "I just wanted to be a regular fan. I didn't choose this!"

~*I LIKE BIG BOOKS AND I CANNOT LIE *~

January 12, 2014 11:13 pm  #49

I'm suffering sensory overload!  There was so many personal titbits that I'm sure I missed half of them.
Freeman was brilliant!  The looks on his face, I had trouble looking away from him.  I loved BAMF John.  (though I don't see why he gets the blame - something very wrong with that, but then again as Sherlock said he was surrounded by psycopaths who like being right so maybe it's just a case of being outvoted)

Chuffed John got to see how Sherlock saved him from the fire by diving in and dragging him out - his look over the shoulder at him.  Look what you did for me

I loved the Christmas at home.  Loved Billy.  Loved BAMF Molly.  So many, many things but I think I have to watch it again to take it all in.  Did not see CAM death till Sherlock asked about the mind palace - up until then I was sure he was staying.  The look on Sherlocks face when he shot him - scary as.

Moriarty.  Ohhhh, ohhhh,ohhhhh.  Such fun.  I remember commenting somewhere that the BBC news on Watson blog when it first happened never mentioned a dead body and I always found that strange, but can't believe no one checked, double checked and triple checked the body!  So, guess we have to wait and see if it is truely him or if Sherlock missed someone.  I keep thinking of Sebastian Moran.

Still we'll find out....in a year !!  so?  Anyone got the next air dates yet

Also curious to search youtube to see if they have put up a video of Hudders 'erotic dancing' but I am too afraid to look, in case there IS one.  LOL

and hi Miss Me?  Welcome!  (Me too)

Mxx

Last edited by Mirthxx (January 12, 2014 11:23 pm)

January 12, 2014 11:18 pm  #50

Second reaction: so this is what DW fans mean when they say that Moffat episodes are 'plot heavy'. 

January 12, 2014 11:22 pm  #51

"I'm suffering sensory overload!" This.  I don't know what do say.  It was brilliant. I loved it, loved it, loved it. Although there are a few things that I need to talk about. I also don't see John and Mary and a baby and it bothers me like hell that Sherlock is not one of John's pressure points. ... but, well, that can change. (I sound cruel, don't I? Sorry. I like Mary, I do, but I want John and Sherlock back in 221b some day.)

Last edited by Hera (January 12, 2014 11:25 pm)

January 12, 2014 11:22 pm  #52

Mirthxx wrote:

Freeman was brilliant!  The looks on his face, I had trouble looking away from him.  I loved BAMF John.  (though I don't see why he gets the blame - something very wrong with that, but then again as Sherlock said he was surrounded by psycopaths who like being right so maybe it's just a case of being outvoted)

he didn't really get the blame... the argument was that he 'looks for' certain things in a mate - or soulmate, like in the case of Sherlock - because Sherlock *is* his soulmate (NO, HE IS!! ) and therefore he was attracted to Mary because of that.

I have had a few days to process this though, and I still think it's a bit shaky as an explanation. Just like his forgiveness of Mary, as moving as that was. I don't know. They are asking us to just bear with them and take quite a big leap here, I think.

January 12, 2014 11:25 pm  #53

Oh, oh, and can we please talk about Magnussen? At first I was like "Yeah,ok. Meh." But then the creep-o-metre shot up way into the red. That eye flicking thing? I was wondering who'd snap first, John or Sherlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "I just wanted to be a regular fan. I didn't choose this!"

~*I LIKE BIG BOOKS AND I CANNOT LIE *~

January 12, 2014 11:27 pm  #54

Ozma wrote:

Mirthxx wrote:

he didn't really get the blame... the argument was that he 'looks for' certain things in a mate - or soulmate, like in the case of Sherlock - because Sherlock *is* his soulmate (NO, HE IS!! ) and therefore he was attracted to Mary because of that.

I have had a few days to process this though, and I still think it's a bit shaky as an explanation. Just like his forgiveness of Mary, as moving as that was. I don't know. They are asking us to just bear with them and take quite a big leap here, I think.

Yeah, Watson's having a shit year.  LOL.  I think he forgave too easy on both counts.  Sherlock is easier because the only betrayal was to let him grief and not tell him he was safe, everything else he would understand.  And he has the history of Sherlock, that Sherlock saved him, to counter that against.

But, Mary?  Everything was a betrayal.  That's harsh.  I wonder how much was down to her carrying his baby?  Her speech about doing anything to protect John and Sherlocks persasion to trust her may have helped too.  It has also been months.

Yes, I don't see how she can stay long term and that means the baby too.  That's gonna be a bad ep to watch, and yes, wonder if it's down to Moriarty or something more ordinary.  (there is a small chance that Moffatt may save us and put them in protective custoday....but I doubt it).

Mxx

Last edited by Mirthxx (January 12, 2014 11:31 pm)

January 12, 2014 11:32 pm  #55

MissMe? wrote:

Oh, oh, and can we please talk about Magnussen? At first I was like "Yeah,ok. Meh." But then the creep-o-metre shot up way into the red. That eye flicking thing? I was wondering who'd snap first, John or Sherlock.

Gotta watch again!  Gotta watch again!  That whole 'chess game' with Magnussen at his stronghold is eluding me and needs more analyzing.  I did not like John being humiliated with the face flicking business and wanted someone to stop it.  Not sure why John was allowing it.  Not sure why Sherlock was allowing it.  Gotta watch again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 12, 2014 11:34 pm  #56

MissMe? wrote:

CAM came (this) close to having his ass handed to him by one Capt. John Watson.

Still,  knowing how BAMF John can be when needed you have to be amazed at his self control.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2014 11:37 pm  #57

KeepersPrice wrote:

MissMe? wrote:

Gotta watch again! Gotta watch again! That whole 'chess game' with Magnussen at his stronghold is eluding me and needs more analyzing. I did not like John being humiliated with the face flicking business and wanted someone to stop it. Not sure why John was allowing it. Not sure why Sherlock was allowing it. Gotta watch again!

Because CAM could contact Mary's enemies and tell them where she is, they want her dead and Watson's life would turn into protecing Mary until he ultimately failed.  They couldn't get the 'goods' because they are not physical, they are in CAM's head, his mind palace.  He has the numbers memorised, the names memorised.  Nothing they can get thier hands on, nothing they can destroy, until Sherlock did by literally blowing up CAM's mind palace.  If he didn't take the punishment, if he didn't do everything CAM asked of him (that was the main message) then CAM would kill his wife so he had to just take it.

Mxx

January 12, 2014 11:40 pm  #58

I loved it. That's all I can say right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 12, 2014 11:46 pm  #59

Mirthxx wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

MissMe? wrote:

Gotta watch again! Gotta watch again! That whole 'chess game' with Magnussen at his stronghold is eluding me and needs more analyzing. I did not like John being humiliated with the face flicking business and wanted someone to stop it. Not sure why John was allowing it. Not sure why Sherlock was allowing it. Gotta watch again!

Because CAM could contact Mary's enemies and tell them where she is, they want her dead and Watson's life would turn into protecing Mary until he ultimately failed.  They couldn't get the 'goods' because they are not physical, they are in CAM's head, his mind palace.  He has the numbers memorised, the names memorised.  Nothing they can get thier hands on, nothing they can destroy, until Sherlock did by literally blowing up CAM's mind palace.  If he didn't take the punishment, if he didn't do everything CAM asked of him (that was the main message) then CAM would kill his wife so he had to just take it.

Mxx

also, Sherlock was waiting for Mycroft to arrive, so that it would be absolutely clear that it was him who shot him. He was protecting John in all counts. He obviously hated seeing John being manhandled, so I'm sure he enjoyed shooting CAM even more.

January 12, 2014 11:47 pm  #60

Ozma wrote:

Mirthxx wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Mxx

also, Sherlock was waiting for Mycroft to arrive, so that it would be absolutely clear that it was him who shot him. He was protecting John in all counts. He obviously hated seeing John being manhandled, so I'm sure he enjoyed shooting CAM even more.

I'm so glad it was Sherlock who shot him. Such a great little twist on the canon, and I always knew Sherlock was a bad ass.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera