BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2014 2:01 am  #1

Hello from the Midwest-US

As the username suggests, I'm in Ohio. As such, I have NOT seen Season 3 yet, and am registering here in anticipation of seeing it next weekend.

What I am most obsessive about is the relationship between Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, and am glad to see that Moffit and Gattis understood canon well enough to make that central in the series.

I have had some issues with this series interjecting too many other people to ship each of them with.

"The Empty House" reunion scene is one of my favorite moments of canon. 

You all do know that Watson faints when Holmes reveals himself, don't you? And that Jeremy Brett and Edward Hardwicke (Watson) played it out perfectly?

January 12, 2014 3:52 am  #2

Re: Hello from the Midwest-US

Hallo! I used to live in the U.S. but moved to London. I have evacuated London to go back to my family in Oregon because the roof fell in on my home. I didn't realize that I would have to wait longer to watch Sherlock . It's nice to see another American! Most people here are British (which is my understanding). Nice to meet you!

Last edited by Fall (January 12, 2014 3:53 am)

Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.
All the best people are.

I HATE it when people tell me that the fate of the universe is in my hands.
I'm told that so often.

It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Don't stare.
You're staring.
We can't both stare.

The Truth Is Out There.
All is fair in Love and Robot Wars.

January 12, 2014 4:54 am  #3

Sherlockforum dot com calls itself a "UK community." I was afraid this one was supposed to be mainly for UK fans, too, since it refers to BBC instead of PBS.

January 12, 2014 5:18 am  #4

I've never heard of Sherlockforum .net. But then, I don't normally join forums linked to books/movies/TV shows, if only one or two.

Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.
All the best people are.

I HATE it when people tell me that the fate of the universe is in my hands.
I'm told that so often.

It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Don't stare.
You're staring.
We can't both stare.

The Truth Is Out There.
All is fair in Love and Robot Wars.

January 12, 2014 5:59 am  #5

What part of Ohio are you from?

January 12, 2014 6:24 pm  #6

Northwest part, very close to the Michigan border.

January 12, 2014 6:39 pm  #7

AH!  I have a buddy who lives in Mason.  Ever heard of it?

Board footera