BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2012 3:16 pm  #1

Werewolf movie in The Hounds of Baskerville?

I recently watched the Hounds of Baskerville and it seemed to me that the film Henry Night watches on TV is "The Company of Wolves", a British fantasy fim directed by Neil Jordan in 1984. Unfortunately, I could'nt find any information on the web to confirm this. Does anybody know whether I'm right or wrong?

April 1, 2012 3:21 pm  #2

Re: Werewolf movie in The Hounds of Baskerville?

I honestly don't know sorry. I'll tweet Mark Gatiss and ask but can't promise he'll reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 8, 2012 6:14 am  #3

I'm going to try and find out for you. Watch this space!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2012 8:18 am  #4

Speaking of Werewolves; isn't it odd that Henry Knight is afraid of this giant hound; and Henry Knight is played by Russell Tovey who plays a werewolf in another show?

Lucky he didn't get confused! lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 6, 2012 7:42 pm  #5

I personally think that's one of the reasons they cast him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 7:29 am  #6

That or because he comes from Billericay! Plenty of wolves hunting in packs on the streets of Essex at night! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2012 7:36 am  #7

Hey, I've just returned from a week in Romford.  I hear you girl!
There was also something about this on the commentary:  he wasn't the original choice...but he was available!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 11:33 am  #8

My former home turf, Romford! Now there's an admission for you! Did you visit the dog track whilst you were there? I wonder who their original choice was? Hmmm! That's got the cogs whirring.

October 7, 2012 11:39 am  #9

We just sometimes stay in Romford travelodge, during our London trips.
It's handy for my sister, who is down the road at Rush Green.
Yes, I wasn't entirely sure how much of the commentary was true.
Apparently Russell was filming in the same building, so they asked him to do a quick audition!

Board footera