BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 8:32 pm  #21

Re: SPOILER FREE: Sherlock series 3 finale: 12 teasers for 'His Last Vow'

CAM and die? No way, we don't even know him, yet. They can't introduce again a new villain in season 4. Mary? Too obvious, and besides, she is married to Martin Freeman, so it might be harder to get rid of her, lol! John and Sherlock? No way, it's completely against canon, and without them they can as well terminate the show. Lestrade and Molly or Mrs. Hudson? That would make me really sad. Mycroft? Does Mycroft die in canon? Can't remember, he isn't such a major player. His death would make me really sad, too. Would Mark Gatiss write himself out of his own creation? Has Mark too great a work load. Since they shoot only three episodes per annum (or less), I can't imagine that either. This death problem is really a teaser, since I just cannot imagine the show without someone of the above. Donovan or Anderson? I have a hunch, that it will be Anderson.... which would make me sad, too, because I just started to like him. But, since he's not on the job anymore, he's expendable, he's not from canon, and I have some specific reasons to believe, it might be him.

Last edited by sherlocked (January 11, 2014 8:33 pm)

January 11, 2014 9:12 pm  #22

But Anderson or Donovan dying wouldn't have a very big emotional effect, neither to us (the audience) nor to John and Sherlock. And I suppose the "someone will die" part of the episode will have a dramatic and lasting effect on the characters and their developement.

I have posted the following in an other thread already but as it fits here more anyway, I am reposting it:

I don't want it, I really don't want it, but I think, Mycroft will be the one that die.

- Mark can quite with his role as Mycroft without tearing the Sherlock-family apart. He will still be part of the series as writer/producer (or even as Mycroft in Sherlock's mind palace).
- I recently read somewhere that Steven wants to reduce his production-tasks at Sherlock due to his other producer-job (Doctor Who). Main producers of the show should be Mark and Sue then. So Mark will have some more duties in the next series.
- The canon story 'His last bow' is the farewell of Holmes. And so HLV would also be the final bow of a Holmes (but Mycroft instead of Sherlock).
- Loosing his brother will have a huge impact on Sherlock and therefore provide plot for further character developement - more then any other death (except of John, of course) would have.

As I said, I don't want it happen! But that's my guess.

I'm not sure how the story might go, but I suppose, the plot developes to a point where Sherlock is ready to sacrifice himself to protect John and Mary (as he vowed). To protect his little brother, Mycroft sacrifices himself because he knows how important John is for Sherlock.

P.S.: I know it is far fetched but talking about Red Beard: Have you ever seen photos from Mark when he hasn't shaved for a while ?

Last edited by stoertebeker (January 11, 2014 9:13 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 13, 2014 12:12 am  #23

OK, well I was at least right about Janine .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera