BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2014 8:41 pm  #121

Re: I have seen it tonight - report - but NO SPOILERS...!

I would welcome sobbing but all I feel is catatonic fear.  (Yes, I like to be dramatic. )

January 9, 2014 8:50 pm  #122

You're probably more accurate...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2014 9:27 pm  #123

Oh my goodness! I can't wait! 

CAM sounds like a terrifying villian and I love it! I have been waiting to see this villian in action and hope he makes a big impact just like Moriarty did. It sounds like he does. =D Can't wait!

January 9, 2014 10:06 pm  #124

*places bucket right next to thudding mattress and shock blanket in case she needs to vomit*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2014 10:10 pm  #125

let's see: chocolate OK - whisky OK - shock blanket OK - cats (come back here kitties) nearly OK
i'm ready for sunday

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

January 9, 2014 10:16 pm  #126

Titania wrote:

let's see: chocolate OK - whisky OK - shock blanket OK - cats (come back here kitties) nearly OK
i'm ready for sunday

Haha! That's EXACTLY my check list for Sunday 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2014 10:27 pm  #127

And it's only Thursday. Can't wait!

I'm now frantically theorising. There was so much Sherlock characterisation, and Mycroft warning him not to get involved. Redbeard. Mycroft's gonna be right. And smug. 

January 9, 2014 10:36 pm  #128

I really want to know what Redbeard means.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 9, 2014 10:52 pm  #129

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I really want to know what Redbeard means.

We find out about Redbeard in an amazing scene :D  As well as quite a lot of other things in that same scene.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 9, 2014 10:57 pm  #130

I worry for our boys...for their friendship...

I feel sick 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 9, 2014 11:13 pm  #131

I'm so excited for this episode!  For those of you who are lucky enough to have seen HLV - is it as gripping as the Reichenbach fall?  I've really enjoyed this series, but I am a tiny, tiny bit disappointed as my favourite episodes are still ones from series 1&2. I know you don't want to reveal too much, and deep down I'm sure that I don't want to know too much (although my browsing history would suggest otherwise) but is this a thrilling one?

As a side note, when I first watched Reichenbach, I went from the semi-dignified position of sitting the edge of my seat to watching wide eyed and half hiding behind the sofa at the second half, so if it is more gripping then I don't know where that leaves me when HLV airs.

January 9, 2014 11:20 pm  #132

Posting this here as well:

Just to let people know:

We have been discussing real honest to goodness spoilers of HLV in the Chatrooms.  Now, obviously, some people don't want to know, so we have taken to discussing them in the other chatroom for those who do want to know.  We aren't discussing it on the boards because people don't have the option of blocking it out, but we have talked about it at length there.  Just to let people know before they come in 

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 9, 2014 11:46 pm  #133

Supplies............well, if it's as bad as they say it is.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 9, 2014 11:48 pm  #134

*grabs two bottles*

EDIT - make that three...

Last edited by kittykat (January 9, 2014 11:51 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 9, 2014 11:56 pm  #135

Molly Hooper wrote:

I'm so jealous of you, Ozma!! I hope you had a fabulous time... despite the heart-shreading nature it seems to have Did you get tickets for free or were they really expensive??

I had a good time yes. Heart beating fast all the time. No the tickets were free - I went with a Bafta member.

anjaH_alias wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

But what will happen? I mean I have the feeling it´s not Mary dying because somebody said here (or there), it´s not going to be what the most expect. So - what else then?
Sherlock and John can´t die. Mycroft, Molly, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson? Is it about dying?
The worst thing I can imagine for me personally is a broken Sherlock-John-relationship again. But they wouldn´t do this, or ?

Let's put it like this:

I never once thought it would end like that.

;)

This episode will make all of the episodes before it seem like child's play.

Super - so far I understood. But do Sherlock and John stand txogether????

but you haven't seen it... I want to be careful not to put ideas in people's mind. Everybody needs to make up their own ideas about it I think...

January 10, 2014 12:08 am  #136

Errr...Anthea wrote:

I'm so excited for this episode!  For those of you who are lucky enough to have seen HLV - is it as gripping as the Reichenbach fall? 

Oh, YES.

January 10, 2014 11:16 am  #137

Oh my, I already had sort of a nightmare last night. I was somewhere official watching the episode, then for some bloody stupid reason I can't even remember anymore, I had to leave the cinema for a few minutes and talk to someone. When I wanted to get back in, I was unable to find the right door and ended up somewhere else, and I was quite distraught as you all can imagine.
I want Sunday come and gone, so I can go back to normal, sort of...

What really consoles and mullifies me is that writers and producers seem really eager to get started on the next series. So, regardless of how things are going to be between John and Sherlock at the end of episode 3, there will be a new series and I am certain they will be back together in Baker Street at some point in the forseeable future.
"Sherlock" will always be about those two men, their friendship and the cases they solve and along the road Gatiss and Moffat like to play with us a little (or a little more) , that's how I see it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

January 10, 2014 12:02 pm  #138

yes. they are definitely playing with us - putting J and S through this huge challenge, just to make us wonder - what the hell is going to happen to them?

as for HLV - I think you will be blown away, especially by the ending. So many things went through my mind as I was watching it (my brain was mostly screaming, Oh God no.......) I literally felt like I was there, with them. So powerful.
I was almost ready to go to Gatiss and beg.

and the funny thing is that so many things happen, and you feel so many emotions one after the other, that you can't possibly work them out right after you finish watching it. You need some time to digest everything.

January 10, 2014 12:42 pm  #139

No sleep for us Sunday night.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 10, 2014 1:42 pm  #140

I am totally still working out quite a few stuff. Trying to make peace with some, trying to make sense of others. I think this one really requires you to watch with an open mind and an open heart.. I was angry, then moved, then angry again…then hopeful…then miserable…then excited… currently hovering on (partially) angry again…

I think I might not come into this forum on Sunday night after it finishes. It will explode…

Board footera