BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2014 7:10 pm  #101

Re: I have seen it tonight - report - but NO SPOILERS...!

sherlocked wrote:

silverblaze, I'm a leftie, too. And I can write mirror image pretty well. That's, why I scrutinized that scene intensely.
Yes, we tend to overanalyze, and we should really cut them some slack, if not all the blood patterns match up after two years, when they recreated the fall, but I still maintain, that a continuity clunker, like Moriarty using one hand to mirror write in the 'live version' and using another in the surveillance video of that exact scene, shouldn't slip by. What were Andrew and the editors thinking, lol?

But overanalyzing is what's fun about it. Though people had way too much time on Reichenbach and started seeing meaning in every continuity error. This was a big one but I'd never noticed it before, due to the sheer awesomeness of the scene. 

Honestly, I don't care if they make continuity errors, or that they get some facts wrong or whatever, the storytelling is so good that it's easy to forgive. 

January 9, 2014 7:14 pm  #102

anjaH_alias wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

But what will happen? I mean I have the feeling it´s not Mary dying because somebody said here (or there), it´s not going to be what the most expect. So - what else then?
Sherlock and John can´t die. Mycroft, Molly, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson? Is it about dying?
The worst thing I can imagine for me personally is a broken Sherlock-John-relationship again. But they wouldn´t do this, or ?

I wouldn't put it past the Moff. 

Sorry: put past? Do you mean I can´t trust the Moff?

Euh, that's a sort of slang I picked up from tv but I'm not sure if I use it correctly since I'm not a native speaker. (Maybe someone could correct me?) You said 'they wouldn't do this', I say 'I wouldn't put it past them', meaning, 'they might just do exactly that'. 

January 9, 2014 7:16 pm  #103

silverblaze wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Sorry: put past? Do you mean I can´t trust the Moff?

Euh, that's a sort of slang I picked up from tv but I'm not sure if I use it correctly since I'm not a native speaker. (Maybe someone could correct me?) You said 'they wouldn't do this', I say 'I wouldn't put it past them', meaning, 'they might just do exactly that'. 

That was exactly what I feared.

January 9, 2014 7:20 pm  #104

anjaH_alias wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

But what will happen? I mean I have the feeling it´s not Mary dying because somebody said here (or there), it´s not going to be what the most expect. So - what else then?
Sherlock and John can´t die. Mycroft, Molly, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson? Is it about dying?
The worst thing I can imagine for me personally is a broken Sherlock-John-relationship again. But they wouldn´t do this, or ?

Let's put it like this:

I never once thought it would end like that.

;)

This episode will make all of the episodes before it seem like child's play.

Super - so far I understood. But do Sherlock and John stand txogether????

I think no answer is also an answer . But they can´t do that again. I mean they are best friends andsoon - when finally can they rely on each other???? I don´t know what will happen on Sunday but I like to take their friendship serious.  I am a little bit - hmhm - angry right now . Or let´s say quite nervous.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 9, 2014 7:22 pm)

January 9, 2014 7:22 pm  #105

I'm frustrated now, can't imagine what I'll be like after Sunday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2014 7:24 pm  #106

silverblaze wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

I'm worried about the relationship more than someone being killed off.  It seems like it would be too expected for someone to die; especially Mary.

January 9, 2014 7:25 pm  #107

besleybean wrote:

I'm frustrated now, can't imagine what I'll be like after Sunday!

Me, too. And then again two years waiting. Honestly, at the moment I could live with a super mysterious story, which is even finished at the end of HLV. I would definitely go on with discussions and wait on series 4. Why cliffhangers?
Or at least John and Sherlock standing together, like in TGG.

January 9, 2014 7:29 pm  #108

Weirdness wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

I'm worried about the relationship more than someone being killed off. It seems like it would be too expected for someone to die; especially Mary.

-------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2014 8:00 pm  #109

After reading the first reviews, comments and the forum the whole day (wasn't very productive at work today ) I am scared, distraught, confused, curious, excited,... did I mentioned scared .

I can't believe how much my thoughts are occupied with Sherlock at the moment. I wasn't so obsessed with a TV show since my "hardcore" Star Trek years - but I was a teenager back then. I am so glad, I have these forum otherwise I would clearly doubting my sanity .

So, although I am really afraid of Sunday because I'll probably be a sobbing misery after the episode, I am at least looking forward to our large therapy group here to whine, cry and rant the whole night . I suppose, I won't be able to find any sleep at all after HLV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 9, 2014 8:01 pm  #110

Me too, SilverMoonDragen.

I was hoping for some further development in the relationships of the characters due to the events in the third episode. Negative events, but positive development of some sort. But somehow now it sounds just destructive and dark. I'm really worried.

My worst fear is that Sherlock only acted as if he cared and didn't mean anything ... or that John chooses Mary over Sherlock ... or ... I don't know.   

Last edited by Hera (January 9, 2014 8:06 pm)

January 9, 2014 8:05 pm  #111

Hera wrote:

Me too, SilverMoonDragen.

I was hoping for some further development in the relationships of the characters due to the events in this episode. Negative events, but positive development of some sort. But somehow now it sounds destructive and dark. I'm really worried.

There are several big and important...developments...in character relationships.

I won't say who or what they are, or if they are good or bad.  But they are not at all glanced over in this.  In fact, they are very, very important.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 9, 2014 8:10 pm  #112

sj4iy wrote:

There are several big and important...developments...in character relationships.

I won't say who or what they are, or if they are good or bad.  But they are not at all glanced over in this.  In fact, they are very, very important.

Thanks... but I still feel like I won't be able to sleep until Sunday.   I should study for my exam, but I just can't. I haven't been this nervous about any episode of any tv show since... ever.

I feel silly, being so "fangirlish", but I can't help it.

January 9, 2014 8:14 pm  #113

I still think Mary will die. I know it's expected for her to die which is why it won't be the main twist/cliffhanger of the episode. I feel like, if they really want to hurt us, it will be something between Sherlock and John...I'm just concerned because Sherlock made his first and last vow to always protect John and Mary (and the baby), and if he fails to do that in this episode (which I'm guessing he might), he's going to feel so personally responsible...and maybe John will hate him for it too. I'm just speculating. But even if the episode ended with Sherlock and John falling out, we know that they're going to be OK again eventually, because there's a 4th Series. We just might have to wait a while.

And then there's Mycroft. I think he's going to play a major part in this for some reason, and he and Sherlock's relationship has been a bit...weird...lately.

And what's going to happen to the unborn baby, omfg, so many questions. I've only read the non-spoiler reviews and they just make me so incredibly excited and scared. Like...scared to the point where I feel sick. I'm genuinely terrified for this episode. But I want it so bad. I know that only Sherlockians will understand that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 9, 2014 8:21 pm  #114

Anyone got anything for a headache?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2014 8:22 pm  #115

I've never wanted an episode to air so badly ever before.  It will make your emotions run the gamut, being new and thrilling yet proper Sherlock Holmes with so many references to canon- however, don't think you will know how everything ends up, because you won't.  I think the biggest difference is that we will see new sides to all of the characters...something you just don't expect out of any of them.

I can't wait for the reactions on Sunday, I really can't XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 9, 2014 8:25 pm  #116

Hera wrote:

I feel silly, being so "fangirlish", but I can't help it.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I am glad, we are not alone .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 9, 2014 8:27 pm  #117

We all need therapy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2014 8:31 pm  #118

*rocks back and forth, shaking uncontrollably*

^^^ before I've even seen the episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 9, 2014 8:37 pm  #119

sj4iy wrote:

I've never wanted an episode to air so badly ever before.  It will make your emotions run the gamut, being new and thrilling yet proper Sherlock Holmes with so many references to canon- however, don't think you will know how everything ends up, because you won't.  I think the biggest difference is that we will see new sides to all of the characters...something you just don't expect out of any of them.

I can't wait for the reactions on Sunday, I really can't XD

Don't give anything away! No matter how much we beg! Not to future me either. We might just be addicts who can't help themselves. 

But to recap: our worst fear (collectively) seems to be that something happens between John and Sherlock. Now, imagine the Moftiss, two develish man plotting out series 3. Y'reckon they might anticipate that fear and play with it? Mmmmm... 

January 9, 2014 8:38 pm  #120

I  am nearly sobbing.

Board footera