BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2014 7:54 am  #101

Re: German air date

There goes hope for "du".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 24, 2014 7:58 am  #102

*facepalm*

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 24, 2014 8:06 am  #103

WTF WTF WTF
We should write them an email about this...

And also this is exactly the reason, why I stopped watching trailers!
They ruin everything!
For example I watched the "starter for 10" trailer on the dvd after watching the film, they have way too many scenes in it, that surprise you, when watching it without knowing the trailer.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 24, 2014 8:07 am  #104

I will have a closer look after eight when it is available on Mediathek. The youth has to be protected from these bad, bad things. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2014 8:11 am  #105

That's also why the air the show that late, Susi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 8:13 am  #106

Yes, if it is online, please post the link.
My colleague didn't watch it yet and I may warn him that those trailers contain spoilers...

How about they put Moriarty in the trailer, or the moment when Mycroft phones Sherlock and tells him he is needed. Wtf wtf wtf I cannot believe this! How can anybody be THAT stupid?

And still they wonder why people watch the originals...

April 24, 2014 8:18 am  #107

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2014 8:19 am  #108

Oh, and on this site they also tell the audience that there is no definite explanation for the fall. Good to know this in advance. *banging head against wall*

April 24, 2014 8:32 am  #109

Well I think they should whistle-blow everything in advance. That nobody is "forced" to watch the series because they don't know the all stories already. The ARD is really clever.
To quote zeratul ... wtf ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 9:01 am  #110

Well cannot watch the video, because it is only avaliable from 20:00 to 6:00 -.- wtf again

Noch witziger, rasanter und frecher als bisher...

I would say more emotions, more character focus and darker...

I hate german tv now...
God bless there is the possiblity to get BBC with satelite tv...

Last edited by zeratul (April 24, 2014 9:03 am)

April 24, 2014 9:14 am  #111

Btw another quote in my head:
"What? Are you out of your mind???" (Anderson)

April 24, 2014 9:46 am  #112

gently69 wrote:

Well I think they should whistle-blow everything in advance. That nobody is "forced" to watch the series because they don't know the all stories already. The ARD is really clever.
To quote zeratul ... wtf ...

Well, with the time slot they picked, I guess ARD's strategy is something like "Let's tell them the most important things beforehand because there's only going to be few people staying up this late for the actual episodes anyway". *eyeroll*

April 24, 2014 10:04 am  #113

Well, 21.45 is not that late. Many PRO7 blockbusters air even later. I think they are just monumentally stupid. 

April 24, 2014 10:08 am  #114

Well, what to expect from a channel, which is showing "Tatort" the most ridiculous and stupiest "crime" series I have ever seen... So freaking boring. Showing the murder right at the beginning, how, when, whom... nothing left for the viewer to speculate about...
Still wonder why people watch and actually like Tatort, it's so creepy.

April 24, 2014 10:36 am  #115

Well, there is not just one Tatort series, but several, and actually they are some of the least ridiculous and stupid crime series, compared to most others.
And not each crime story has to be a whodunnit either.

Funny though how much of Sherlock esthetics got adapted by them soonest 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 24, 2014 11:31 am  #116

zeratul wrote:

Showing the murder right at the beginning, how, when, whom... nothing left for the viewer to speculate about...

I don't like and watch "Tatort" and I'm convinced they do inverted detective stories wrong, but hey, there's no way they could be as brillant as the team behind Columbo, right?

As far as Sherlock on ARD goes... Well, I think I'll skip it all. Same as most of you, I don't really fancy the dubbed version. And those living in the German speaking parts of Europe who don't own season 3 on DVD yet, will find it in stores soon enough, so... The viewing figures will be far from tremendous, I reckon.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

April 24, 2014 11:40 am  #117

Harriet wrote:

Well, there is not just one Tatort series, but several, and actually they are some of the least ridiculous and stupid crime series, compared to most others.
And not each crime story has to be a whodunnit either.

Funny though how much of Sherlock esthetics got adapted by them soonest

Yes. And not all of German TV is bad and not all of British TV is brilliant (admittedly, they have a lot of good stuff).
They show the same cheap, silly and demeaning "reality TV" like they do over here. BBC drama and some other programmes may well be the tip of an otherwise quite average iceberg.  

April 24, 2014 11:42 am  #118

Well I gonna watch them, maybe because I strangely like to get angry about how silly the dubbing is. Yet I am still curious...

About Tatort... I watched some, one I watched fully was from Finland, I watched that only because of the nature and the finnish actors, because I absolutely love Finland...
But for example my parents watch Tatort and when I asked them to watch Sherlock last friday, they quit after the first 10 minutes, because it was "Kokolores" (stupid) -.-. Wtf...

Last edited by zeratul (April 24, 2014 11:43 am)

April 24, 2014 11:58 am  #119

My parents and in-laws do not watch Sherlock either. I think it has to do with age. The show is extremely fast-paced. We all get some details only after watching it more than once and in the original version. So this does not really surprise me. And I am sure it is the same in other countries. 

April 24, 2014 12:11 pm  #120

Well what is it like in their funny little brains it must be so boring ;). A world of goldfish really...
I also do not like extremely fast cuts like in many movies when it comes to a fight or someone running away from another one...
But I like stuff that goes on quickly... maybe that is why e.g. Tatort seems extremly slow to me...

Bit offtopic, but I loved the comedy show "Kessler's Knigge" (much on youtube), a joke per 5 seconds... really nice . Too fast for many people...

Board footera