BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2014 6:56 pm  #361

Re: German air date

It does indeed, gently. But if I am not very much mistaken: If that is the moment where they switch to 'Du', Sherlock and John would have to adress each other like that even before that moment in the episode - because it's a flashback. It's not told chronologically.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 28, 2014 6:59 pm  #362

Hmm ...  you are right. Another scene where John "betont das you"?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 28, 2014 7:04 pm  #363

I consider this the "you" moment. Imagine a German "Sie" here. It would absolutely not fit John's lip movement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2014 7:07 pm  #364

Ha, maybe in the tube sequence in TEH: "YOU... utter...!!!"
No, just kidding, of course. I think it really has to be the best man proposal... I would laugh myself to death if they made chronological mistakes there...!

Adorable pic there, tobe.

Last edited by SolarSystem (May 28, 2014 7:08 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 28, 2014 7:12 pm  #365

If I am not mistaken they would have to say "du" throughout the episode, wouldn't they?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2014 7:16 pm  #366

I think so, yes.

May 28, 2014 7:19 pm  #367

Just a proposal:
Since this thread meanwhile has become so much more than just a guess about a "German air date" (and therefore getting more and more confusing) and The Empty Hearse aka "Der leere Sarg" is immanent tomorrow on German TV, we might open three separate threads for each German dubbed episode of series 3. I have a feeling that there will be a certain need for discussion after their respective airings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2014 7:20 pm  #368

So should we do this in the general section for those episodes?

Apart from that: I was just looking at the transcript of TSoT, and John and Sherlock actually don't really talk to each other in the episode before the best man proposal. Interesting.

Last edited by SolarSystem (May 28, 2014 7:22 pm)

May 28, 2014 7:23 pm  #369

SolarSystem wrote:

So should we do this in the general section for those episodes?

I think so, yes. Easier to find.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2014 7:26 pm  #370

Good idea. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2014 7:29 pm  #371

Okay, but the question is: where would our current discussion about when they will switch to 'Du' go then? Or should we continue this here and then open a new thread for TEH tomorrow?

May 28, 2014 7:30 pm  #372

I think we can keep this discussion here as long as TSoT has not aired. Then we can open another thread for the episode. 

May 28, 2014 7:32 pm  #373

As long as we don't know for certain when THE moment will have come we can go on here with our speculation and discussion. (It will be in TSoT anyway, not in TEH)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2014 7:35 pm  #374

We could always change the title of this thread to a more general one, but I guess that can only be done by the thread starter, right?

And yes, tobe, I'm sure the 'Du' will come in TSoT. And I think I posted a link here a while ago to a letter from the ARD where it was said that it happens in TSoT.

May 28, 2014 8:10 pm  #375

Oh, I just found the German ASiB thread from almost two years ago. Here:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=708
There are two more - for THoB and TRF.
Sweet and not so sweet memories...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2014 8:27 pm  #376

Ha, tobe, great find!
Actually, this made me laugh:

"…it doesn't work" = " …das funktioniert nicht"

Because I was watching the episode with my boyfriend on sunday in the dubbed version and said to him something like: Wow, in the dubbed version Sherlock does exactly the same thing here as in the original version! He stresses the 't'!

May 28, 2014 9:09 pm  #377

May 28, 2014 9:23 pm  #378

Well... what does the author mean with "At the end of the last episode Sherlock once again dies, and then again he doesn't"...? Where the heck does he die? I don't get it. Or is that supposed to be a metaphor?

May 28, 2014 9:23 pm  #379

Worldbest and Showoff:

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 28, 2014 9:23 pm  #380

I think he/she meant the shooting. Moron. 

Board footera