BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2012 6:44 am  #1

Mori art ti In Latin

Conan Doyle was a smartipants.

Edit: Found this on Tumblr

Last edited by Wholocked (March 31, 2012 6:45 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 31, 2012 10:08 am  #2

Re: Mori art ti In Latin

I a thinking about the Mori bit the other day, like memento mori. Moriarty is also an Irsih name which led Moftiss towards using an Irish actor, what a good decision that was eh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 31, 2012 10:34 am  #3

Awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 31, 2012 2:14 pm  #4

I love it when the names of characters have meanings that correlate to the actual character. :D That's really cool!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

March 31, 2012 2:22 pm  #5

I knew it was an Irish name but latin is the origin of Spanish and somehow I've always related Moriarty's name to death. To a Spanish native it sounds just to close to death. Anyway, thanks to you I have discovered you can translate latin with Google Translator, I didn't know 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

January 17, 2015 12:55 pm  #6

Just too funny, each one makes me laugh out loud! 

FSL:

Board footera