BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2014 3:00 am  #1

Sign of Three UK ratings...

"Sherlock" pulled in big ratings for the second episode in a row in the UK with 8.8 million viewers on Sunday night.

Looks like maybe Episode 1 wasn't as offputting as people initially thought ;)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/06/sherlock-9-million-viewers-for-second-episode/

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 7, 2014 3:36 am  #2

Re: Sign of Three UK ratings...

Good! With ratings like that they'll keep making more and more of it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 7, 2014 4:51 am  #3

Swanpride wrote:

The ratings are frankly unbelievable....Just to think, one third of the UK watches Sherlock.

And that's not even counting internationally...Sherlock is just that awesome! 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 7, 2014 11:37 am  #4

Yes, we're here too!!! 

Just maybe the critics were, you know, wrong? Though it makes more sense now that there are so many people who hate it, I mean, if there are so many people watching the absolute number of haters must also be larger. 

This is much bigger than I thought. The Moftiss seems always so approachable that you forget that they are heading huge international hitseries. 

January 7, 2014 12:52 pm  #5

That is usually a thing, though. Critics often hate something the public loved, and loved something they hated! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 7, 2014 1:06 pm  #6

TEH reached 12 million after counting iPlayer and the rating for the BBC Three (?) broadcast. I hope TSoT will be near 10 million at least. I imagine some people watched ep1 just to know "how he did it" so I guess ep2's number should be a little lower (although IMHO it was a much better episode)

January 7, 2014 1:26 pm  #7

kittykat wrote:

That is usually a thing, though. Critics often hate something the public loved, and loved something they hated! 

There was a comment in the Guardian, one of the haters wrote something like 'It's time the BBC stops funding ridiculous children's series like DW and Sherlock and focuses on high-quality drama like Broadchurch'.

I mean, I like Broadchurch, but huh?? So apparantly they should only make programs that appeal to that particular viewer? Or just things that are so high-brow that no one wants to watch? 

January 7, 2014 1:29 pm  #8

12 million? My country's population is 16! So basically, not counting very old and very young people, my entire country has seen TEH. 

hahahaha

January 7, 2014 1:32 pm  #9

I'm guessing it only pulled in so many ratings because fans thought that the explainations would've continued to roll in....??? What do you think?

And ofcourse HLV will have even more viewers!

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

January 7, 2014 1:42 pm  #10

Um...no? It was widely known that this episode was the wedding and most of us seem to be satisfied with the explanation he gave Anderson. Time to move on now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 7, 2014 1:56 pm  #11

I read that THE had 400,000 viewer more than SoT. In series 1 and 2 the decrease between ep. 1 and 2 was much higher. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera