BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2014 1:00 pm  #101

Re: The "new" Sherlock - emotions and all that

Yes, Mycroft obviously cares for Sherlock, it may be his only "human" trait. But he also is a control freak and wants his brother to be depend on him and to have always upper hand with Sherlock. The thing about his letting Sherlock to be beaten to the pulp in TEH and only then rescuing him is very disturbing, I wonder if it will be addressed again at some point, even indirectly.

January 12, 2014 4:04 pm  #102

But Mycroft didn't believe he had a choice. He probably calculated that they'd have a better chance if he waited a bit longer. If he let any emotional reaction get in the way he might have been busted. So I don't think it'll be addressed. 

January 12, 2014 4:21 pm  #103

miriel68 wrote:

Yes, Mycroft obviously cares for Sherlock, it may be his only "human" trait. But he also is a control freak and wants his brother to be depend on him and to have always upper hand with Sherlock. The thing about his letting Sherlock to be beaten to the pulp in TEH and only then rescuing him is very disturbing, I wonder if it will be addressed again at some point, even indirectly.

I think it's done on purpose, because we have to be always on edge with him; we know he saved Sherlock many times, but will he do it *every* time? He loves him, but he is also a bully essentially...so, yeah.

Board footera