BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 4:38 pm  #21

Re: Moments I disliked...

I wasn't too sure about the bit of Sherlock getting sick on the rug - but way too minor to even worry about. 

I'm completely perplexed about people saying "no proper cases" in both new Eps???  I don't get that.  In TEH there's an interesting case built around Guy Fawkes and we even get to see "England fall" if only in imagination - but was still horrifying to see Big Ben come crashing down.  Looked so much like the Twin Towers.   And I was completely enamoured with the cases that were interwoven into the wedding stuff yesterday.  They were on a smaller scale and much more ACD then evil geniuses and megalomanics running amok all over the place.  I thought the writing was skillful and clever to the max!  Ooops....this is supposed to be a thread about things we didn't like....sorry.....I'll get off now....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 6, 2014 4:50 pm  #22

But fits to his diets.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 6, 2014 5:12 pm  #23

I thought it was hilarious seeing Mycroft in his tracksuits. 

Things I didn't like, none really, it's beautifully made. Maybe the embarrassing Sherlock moments, falling asleep and vomiting on the rug, and freezing before reading the telegrams. Maybe I just felt his pain .

January 6, 2014 6:53 pm  #24

"I thought it was hilarious seeing Mycroft in his tracksuits."

Is it wrong that my first thought upon seeing Mycroft in his tracksuit was "hey, he got a booty."

*giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 6, 2014 6:56 pm  #25

it´s not wrong 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2014 8:07 pm  #26

Mouse wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

- Mike Stamford and Harry weren't at the wedding . Mike is such a prominent person in John's blog and Sherlock suggested him as best man, I find it odd, that he wasn't there (well, maybe the actor wasn't available). And I had hoped to getting to know Harry! I was a bit disappointed that she wasn't there.

I was disappointed not to see Mike, but for my head canon I said to myself that he was there and we just didn't see him. Not sure about Harry...something seemed to be going on with her on the blog, Maybe they'll address her at some point in the future?

Wasn't Sherlock reading out a card from Mike saying that he was sorry not to be at the wedding?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 6, 2014 8:11 pm  #27

Too many emotional stuff in it for me. They have degraded what should have been a course of lectures into a series of tales. 

;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

January 6, 2014 8:14 pm  #28

Mary, you are right. 

Jacco: I may be mistaken but I thought this was a creative piece of work to entertain people, not a course of lectures. When I want lectures I go to evening school or university. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 6, 2014 8:17 pm  #29

SusiGo wrote:

Mary, you are right. 

Jacco: I may be mistaken but I thought this was a creative piece of work to entertain people, not a course of lectures. When I want lectures I go to evening school or university. 

You said it.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 6, 2014 8:18 pm  #30

You people should know your Canon better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

January 6, 2014 8:20 pm  #31

I sadly still didn't read the canon completely, yet.
All I heard is that Sherlock becomes more "human" there, too.
And this is about BBC Sherlock and I still like LOVE it, canon or not.

January 6, 2014 8:36 pm  #32

Jacco111 wrote:

So canon is a course of lectures? Silly me, and I thought ACD wanted to entertain his readers with intelligent fiction. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 6, 2014 8:42 pm  #33

Jacco111 wrote:

So why don't you join a forum specifically for the Sherlock canon. This is clearly a BBC Sherlock forum and the genre of the show is "drama" not "educational film". I haven't read the complete canon yet but I still do know it well enough although I don't find it that interesting...

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 6, 2014 8:58 pm  #34

Aaaand another hug for Mary

January 6, 2014 9:02 pm  #35

Jacco111 wrote:

Um...ouch. That's a bit uncalled-for, don't you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 9:02 pm  #36

Mattlocked wrote:

Aaaand another hug for Mary

Awww thank you

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 6, 2014 9:03 pm  #37

SusiGo wrote:

Mary, you are right. 

You said it, Susi. I just finished uni and I am so done with lectures! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 9:03 pm  #38

Mary Me wrote:

Mouse wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

- Mike Stamford and Harry weren't at the wedding . Mike is such a prominent person in John's blog and Sherlock suggested him as best man, I find it odd, that he wasn't there (well, maybe the actor wasn't available). And I had hoped to getting to know Harry! I was a bit disappointed that she wasn't there.

I was disappointed not to see Mike, but for my head canon I said to myself that he was there and we just didn't see him. Not sure about Harry...something seemed to be going on with her on the blog, Maybe they'll address her at some point in the future?

Wasn't Sherlock reading out a card from Mike saying that he was sorry not to be at the wedding?

Yes, the first one was from Mike.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 6, 2014 9:06 pm  #39

I have read the stories in the Canon.   As we know, the canon Sherlock is a bit older,  much more polite
(maybe that's what comes with age?  Is that humanizing?)  - There is much not ever explained in the
Canon,  re: emotions/feelings etc.

So, yeah, I can understand that since BBC Sherlock fills in things that purists of the canon may not want
to see *interpreted*,  they may want to move on, and not watch.   Come on, it's a wedding.  And with a
wedding, all bets are off.

That said,  I also don't really need to see another episode like this one again.  I enjoyed it immensely
*and* was frustrated,  in equal parts. I long for a good case,  and our solitary Sherlock back,
with perfectly articulated unspoken deep regard for John.  I'd love more of the crackling chemistry
between the characters, but with no further need to spell things out.   I'd like them to *show* what
happens in the face of danger, and not explain it anymore.

January 6, 2014 9:10 pm  #40

CarlPowers wrote:

That said,  I also don't really need to see another episode like this one again.  I enjoyed it immensely
*and* was frustrated,  in equal parts. I long for a good case,  and our solitary Sherlock back,
with perfectly articulated unspoken deep regard for John.  I'd love more of the crackling chemistry
between the characters, but with no further need to spell things out.   I'd like them to *show* what
happens in the face of danger, and not explain it anymore.

Yes. Right. Thumbs up.

Board footera