BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 1:47 pm  #1

Moments I disliked...

This is an experiment. This episode seems to be all around heartwarming one and seems that there hardly are any dislikes. But... let's try to find some. Just out of my memory... there isn't anything I really don't need.
Going to watch it tonight again. Maybe...
What about you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 6, 2014 2:06 pm  #2

Re: Moments I disliked...

But isn't it funny? The differences between TEH and TSOT? Doesn't it seem that Sherlock extremely is out of character in both episodes? Well... I am satisfied with ep. 1, could cope with this "problems" easily... but about ep. 2 I am enthusiastic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 6, 2014 2:38 pm  #3

Hubby said it's enough of "rebuilding their relationship" now, he wants a real case.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 6, 2014 3:31 pm  #4

Mattlocked wrote:

Hubby said it's enough of "rebuilding their relationship" now, he wants a real case.

Be careful what you wish for...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 6, 2014 3:36 pm  #5

Matt: my hubby said that just after TEH .
one of the most "don´t likes" for me is my English sometimes. I could hardly follow some lines in TSOT..I´m still not sure if I like the new way of Sherlock, so different from the previous ones, but I think I will cope.it´s rather my mixed and confused feelings than dissapointment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2014 3:36 pm  #6

Mary Me wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Be careful what you wish for...

*cringes* Exactly...damn, HLV is making me nervous already 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (January 6, 2014 3:37 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2014 3:37 pm  #7

As for moments I dislike....erm *thinks*, um....*ponders some more* uh....nope, can't think of any. Sorry 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2014 3:38 pm  #8

January 6, 2014 3:45 pm  #9

Mattlocked: hmm.to be honest, I can´t say I completely disagree.

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (January 6, 2014 3:46 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2014 3:58 pm  #10

Right. I didn't like every little moment either. Or, let's say, I was a bit "worried".
But this is way over the top!! (But I guess they just have to be like that. )
And: What do they want? "Sherlock was too rude"  "Sherlock was too soppy".... ???

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 6, 2014 3:59 pm)

January 6, 2014 3:59 pm  #11

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I´m still not sure if I like the new way of Sherlock, so different from the previous ones, but I think I will cope.it´s rather my mixed and confused feelings than dissapointment.

Oh, I know what you mean, same here. I think I could enjoy those first two episodes even more (because don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them!), if there wasn't only one left. I'm sure we'll get a proper case on Sunday and I can't wait to see how HLV will feel like... not just in terms of 'feels', if you know what I mean, but in terms of the atmosphere... will it feel more like the first two series again...? What will Sherlock be like? Maybe he has come to the conclusion that emotions don't work for him after all and that he's just different? The last scene in TSoT sort of suggested something like this... he is the odd one out.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 6, 2014 4:04 pm  #12

yep. agree. I think of another point of view: when I first saw this show (it was S2, but that´s not so important), I was completely overwhelmed, shocked, ..well, sherlocked immediately. during the years we´ve built so many personal passions, theories, feelings. and now we got it - and maybe is not completely similar to our previous dreams. I just want to say I need some time to think about it.

January 6, 2014 4:07 pm  #13

The author of the article has some points, but this just irritated me a lot:

"As for the way Sherlock talked to Mrs Hudson ('Biscuits!' he ordered charmlessly) and Mary’s ex-boyfriend, he has started to just look thoroughly unpleasant."

Uh, what's new...? Come on, that's Sherlock! He orders people around, most of the time he's not very charming and very often he indeed is very unpleasant. Where has the author been during series 1 and 2? On the moon?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 6, 2014 4:08 pm  #14

true. they should be suprised when he is nice.

January 6, 2014 4:13 pm  #15

Swanpride wrote:

I consider this further proof of my theory that the show has become so intelligent that some people can't keep up any longer....

True!! 

DM readers are probably not really the target audience for this show. 

January 6, 2014 4:25 pm  #16

Read the article too this morning and was very annoyed . Then I chose to ignore it, most of the other critics I read so far were throughout positive.

I do have some (minor) points, I was not quite satisfied with which I could mention here:

- The beginning with Lestrade calling full forces to Baker Street was a bit exaggerated (although Lestrade was so funny in these scenes).
- Mike Stamford and Harry weren't at the wedding . Mike is such a prominent person in John's blog and Sherlock suggested him as best man, I find it odd, that he wasn't there (well, maybe the actor wasn't available). And I had hoped to getting to know Harry! I was a bit disappointed that she wasn't there.
- The role of Janine, the bridesmaid was a bit, I don't know, boring, useless? I mean, the bridesmaid and best man should be on the same level, shouldn't they? So this Janine is supposed to be Mary's best friend. But there were not even a scene between them and we didn't get to know anything about her.
- I would have prefered the stag-night/drunk-scenes without Sherlock vomitting, found that very embarrassing.
- Between TEH and TSoT must been about 6 month time difference (TEH was in November and Mary mentioned their wedding would be in May). It would have been nice to see a bit, how the boys grew back together in this time and how Sherlock readjusts into life. At the end of TEH there was still a slight tention between them and now it was so much more cheerful.

That's all. As I said, minor points. Especially the last one would likely have needed a whole episode at it's own. That's the disadvantage of making only three episodes of a series. You need to left a lot out. Well, good playground for fan fiction .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 6, 2014 4:27 pm  #17

I honestly can't think of anything 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 4:29 pm  #18

yeah, I was looking for meeting Harry, too!

January 6, 2014 4:32 pm  #19

Count me in as being sad that we didn't get to meet Harry.  But honestly, that was my ONLY dissapointment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 6, 2014 4:33 pm  #20

SolarSystem wrote:

The author of the article has some points, but this just irritated me a lot:

"As for the way Sherlock talked to Mrs Hudson ('Biscuits!' he ordered charmlessly) and Mary’s ex-boyfriend, he has started to just look thoroughly unpleasant."

Uh, what's new...? Come on, that's Sherlock! He orders people around, most of the time he's not very charming and very often he indeed is very unpleasant. Where has the author been during series 1 and 2? On the moon?

Living under a stone, perhaps. 

Regarding Harriet, I would have loved to see her too but I'm not too disappointed. Kind of hilarious that she's a person everyone knows about yet no one has actually seen her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera