BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 8:52 pm  #161

Re: First Thoughts...

I guess there's a point where you're too far gone to even care XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 8:52 pm  #162

Mattlocked wrote:

It surely wasn't applejuice and yes, I saw it too.

Stayin Alive: "This season is getting some negative reviews from around the net and media."
You should read the right media.

Isn't this normal? Especially when the creators are trying something new? And there are The Times, Daily Telegraph, Baker Street Babes … and the Daily Fail never liked Benedict and will bash everything he does, I suppose. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 6, 2014 8:53 pm  #163

Mattlocked wrote:

Stayin Alive: "This season is getting some negative reviews from around the net and media."

And then in the end, as always, make up your own mind.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 6, 2014 8:56 pm  #164

SusiGo wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Isn't this normal? Especially when the creators are trying something new? And there are The Times, Daily Telegraph, Baker Street Babes … and the Daily Fail never liked Benedict and will bash everything he does, I suppose. 

A friend of mine told me today the Daily Fail doesn't like the BBC.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 6, 2014 8:58 pm  #165

Figures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 9:03 pm  #166

Mattlocked wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

A friend of mine told me today the Daily Fail doesn't like the BBC.

The Daily Fail is so rubbish that Benedict is probably happy that they don't like him. Means he's doing a good job.

January 6, 2014 9:05 pm  #167

yep. if you are criticised by an idiot, you´re probably doing good job 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2014 9:19 pm  #168

Mary Me wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Mirthxx wrote:

Were they?? Oh I missed that - but it does explain how they were getting worse, not better.  LOL

Sherlock's got a glass in his hand, and there's one on the table next to John. Looks like it could be whiskey XD

They're not exactly trying to get sober are they

Clear proof!!  speaking of which, I wonder what proof that whisky is.  LOL.  Pretty sure it's not iced tea.  *grin*  I wondered why they hadn't just gone to bed, they were obviously determined to drink past nine o'clock *grin*  Like I said - it explained why they got worse and not better.

Mxx

January 6, 2014 10:15 pm  #169

Well, back to "first reactions", since I didn't have the time to comment yesterday: This episode was the most horrible thing I've ever seen because it broke my heart. I love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 6, 2014 10:22 pm  #170

I don't want to think about HLV yet...I have some knowledge of what's coming.

This episode made me so happy and I honestly would prefer to live in my little happy bubble for a while longer before it gets burst 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 10:25 pm  #171

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Well, back to "first reactions", since I didn't have the time to comment yesterday: This episode was the most horrible thing I've ever seen because it broke my heart. I love it.

yes. *sighs*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 7, 2014 8:39 am  #172

kittykat wrote:

This episode made me so happy and I honestly would prefer to live in my little happy bubble for a while longer before it gets burst 

Honestly? And maybe it's the horrible Tuesday morning feeling talking...but all I want to do is curl up in a darkened room, cover my ears, close my eyes and wish I could go back to when Sherlock was Sherlock, deducing things right, throwing strops on the couch and annoying John.
Mary has ruined it all for me. There, I've said it.

End of digression....

January 7, 2014 11:34 am  #173

I might be a bit late for my first thoughts, but better late than never, right? ;-)

I absolutely loved it! I enjoyed every single second immensely, it was so funny (not in a silly way, luckily), so touching and sad at times,and we even got something that qualifies as a proper case. This episode goes straight on the top of my list of favourite episodes though I fear it might not stay there forever. I am a bit worried that this almost overdose of fluff might be a bit too light on longer terms, that it will get a bit boring after a while because all of the feelings are too openly displayed. Anyone gets what I mean?

I am also quite looking forward to HLV. As much as I'd love to see Sherlock & John & Mary living together happily ever after, this is just not how drama and character development works. Now we fly high on our fluffy cloud no. 9 but in order to not get bored we need something or someone crush. Seriously. Don't be afraid, we will get through it together :-).

And I am also wondering if anyone of you gave your family or friends the creeps by reciting the scene where John asks Sherlock to be his best man - during the actual airing!

The Game is On!

January 7, 2014 11:41 am  #174

Ozma wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Honestly? And maybe it's the horrible Tuesday morning feeling talking...but all I want to do is curl up in a darkened room, cover my ears, close my eyes and wish I could go back to when Sherlock was Sherlock, deducing things right, throwing strops on the couch and annoying John.
Mary has ruined it all for me. There, I've said it.

End of digression....

Wow... but alright... everybody has his own opinion...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 7, 2014 11:56 am  #175

Ozma: Well, I had this fear as well but it did not prove true. There was so much going on between Sherlock and John, things we had never seen or heard before that for me nothing is ruined. 
And I think we are talking about two different points here - Mary and all she means to the story and Sherlock being different than before. I opened a thread for this discussion. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2014 11:58 am  #176

SusiGo wrote:

Ozma: Well, I had this fear as well but it did not prove true. There was so much going on between Sherlock and John, things we had never seen or heard before that for me nothing is ruined. 
And I think we are talking about two different points here - Mary and all she means to the story and Sherlock being different than before. I opened a thread for this discussion. 

yes, sorry. It was a digression... like I said, probably Tuesday morning blues talking, I can't shake off this sad feeling when I think about Sherlock...

back to regular programming

January 7, 2014 12:34 pm  #177

Ok guys I watched it myself. I must confess that's it's a completely different Sherlock than we're used to in the past. And NO I have not been reading Daily Fail. I just did a google search and skimmed through the headlines and read a few of the articles. Everyone basically said that the excessive comedy is good and all, but CONSIDERING that we're 2 down so far, and we only get 3 episodes every 2 years makes you kinda crave for a more deeper story. Some expected at least one more "fall" explaination in this second episode, but "Ah, well!"

Since I saw the pics last year and they mentioned John's wedding, I always assumed that CAM would've tried a blackmail something either with Mary or John (to make things more personal and tense), because that's what he did in the canon with a girl who was marrying a military guy. I guess that was maybe too predicatable, but I trusted in Mofftiss creativity to build the story. Anyways, CAM's only reference in this episode with the puppet note that Sherlock read, did not seem to give any sort of chills nor negative reaction. Mary sort of TRIED to flinch and John held her hand, but we can all agree that she didn't quite convince us nor sold the reaction very well.

I'm not sure how they plan to throw it all at us in HLV, but I thought that they would've atleast spent some time in this episode to slightly build the villian's character in some way and prepare us for HLV when he makes his appearance. Sort of similar to how they referenced Moriarty and finally introduced him in season 1.

But if HLV is anything like The Great Game (which I'm sincerely hoping for!), then we are all in for a great big treat! I'm really trusting in the great talents of Mofftiss to pull this off...  (fingers crossed)

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

January 7, 2014 12:48 pm  #178

I'm just wondering what the Daily Mail would think of Magnussen. Would they recognise something you think? 

January 7, 2014 3:09 pm  #179

Swanpride wrote:

Nope, I don't agree with that at all. I think it was well acted.

And just because there was a lot of comedy in the last episodes (like in more or less all - this hasn't changed at all, the only thing which has changed is the balance between cases and character moments) I wouldn't agree that they were not "deep". Especially this last one delivered in this regard on all fronts.

Agree. By the way, I totally think that this was the deepest episode ever because Sherlock and John have never been closer before and at the same time so...distant. It broke my heart.
There are moments when you are completely happy with them, for example when John asks Sherlock to be his best man or when they sit in 221B completely drunken. That are moments in which you don't question their friendship - it's just there and it's beautiful. But on the other side, there are moments when Sherlock looks at John's empty chair or leaves early at the wedding that leave you completely heartbroken. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 7, 2014 3:22 pm  #180

Mary Me wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

Nope, I don't agree with that at all. I think it was well acted.

And just because there was a lot of comedy in the last episodes (like in more or less all - this hasn't changed at all, the only thing which has changed is the balance between cases and character moments) I wouldn't agree that they were not "deep". Especially this last one delivered in this regard on all fronts.

Agree. By the way, I totally think that this was the deepest episode ever because Sherlock and John have never been closer before and at the same time so...distant. It broke my heart.
There are moments when you are completely happy with them, for example when John asks Sherlock to be his best man or when they sit in 221B completely drunken. That are moments in which you don't question their friendship - it's just there and it's beautiful. But on the other side, there are moments when Sherlock looks at John's empty chair or leaves early at the wedding that leave you completely heartbroken. 

With all that said, and the canon having John marry more than once.....do you think there will be a divorce in HLV? Then again a baby is on the way....will it live?

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

Board footera