BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 4:38 pm  #141

Re: First Thoughts...

Mirthxx wrote:

To lose a genius detective once is misfortune, to lose him twice is careless.

Mxx

Can I have that on a t-shirt or somewhere? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 6, 2014 5:19 pm  #142

I'm one of the last to get here and I am certaily not reading the whole thread.
But here are my thoughts:

Negatives

Did not want to see the Woman.

Missed Anderson.

- I should say that I am tee total and have massive issues with alcohol.  I have grave concerns over binge drinking and I strongly object to any glamourisation, promotion,  laughing at or in anyway condoning drunken behaviour.  So I did have problems with the Stag night(and I consider the whole premise of stag nights to be vile in the extreme)....having said that:

Positives

The Stag night was hilarious and I thought handled quite well.

I wanted to stand and cheer as Sherlock opened his mouth and expressed exactly my own views about marriage, which I consider to be a largely pointless institution.

I wanted to kiss Sherlock when he expressed his atheism!

The surprise baby is nice(tho dunno what's gonna happen here)

Sherlock composing for the couple was lovely.

Molly wanting to go after Sherlock at the end was nice, tho she knew he needed to be alone.

I loved the opening, thought it was hilariousI
Oh and nice to have Sally back, plus she seems to have learned her lesson.

Mrs Hudson was cool, though:

Loved Sherlock's reaction to people talking about sex.

Loved Sherlock dancing.

Thought the spelling out of Sherlock's and John's roles was fab.

I love this new: 'that was a surprise deduction' thing.

Love the development in relationship between John and Sherlock.

Love that the soldiers survived!

Loved Archie and Sherlock's relationship with him.

Loved the court scene

Loved all of Mycroft.

Loved the fact that Sherlock reached out to John to help him

Loved Sherlock looking at John's chair I nearly cried)

Loved the fact John had to get away from the stupid wedding arrangements.

Generally:
I prefererd this episdode and found it much more accessible than the 1st.
I laughed nearly all the way through and kept missing lines because of laughing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 5:33 pm  #143

That was my ' handled quite well' bit!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 5:34 pm  #144

I regard it as a tribute to Sherlock and John´s friendship as well....anyway - did the girl with the ghost come in the middle of night? strange, huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2014 5:35 pm  #145

Was she sent by May fly?!

January 6, 2014 5:37 pm  #146

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I regard it as a tribute to Sherlock and John´s friendship as well....anyway - did the girl with the ghost come in the middle of night? strange, huh?

I don't think so. When Mrs Hudson finds them on the stairs she remarks that they came home early. And Lestrade says they did not even make it until closing time. We do not know how long they have been playing in the flat but I suppose she did not come so very late. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 6, 2014 5:38 pm  #147

Sherlock asking Mrs. Hudson what time it was and I heard two o´clock? but maybe I heard it wrong

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (January 6, 2014 5:39 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2014 6:46 pm  #148

I did like that they confirmed that he was a graduate chemist. That takes the total of cool famous chemistry graduates to probably one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

January 6, 2014 6:47 pm  #149

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that!

January 6, 2014 7:01 pm  #150

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

Sherlock asking Mrs. Hudson what time it was and I heard two o´clock? but maybe I heard it wrong

No, she said it had been 2 hours. I assume it's 2 hours since they left.

January 6, 2014 7:03 pm  #151

Pair of lightweights XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 7:52 pm  #152

yes they had gone out 2 hours earlier. And I am thinking that must have been quite early - maybe 6pm? so they got back around 8pm... lol!

January 6, 2014 7:54 pm  #153

oh....in that way, they did a great job then 

January 6, 2014 7:56 pm  #154

Mary Me wrote:

Mirthxx wrote:

To lose a genius detective once is misfortune, to lose him twice is careless.

Mxx

Can I have that on a t-shirt or somewhere? 

Actually, I've got a cafepress account so yes you can if you want it.  LOL

January 6, 2014 8:07 pm  #155

But they were still drinking while playing that game. No wonder Sherlock was sick XD

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 8:20 pm  #156

kittykat wrote:

But they were still drinking while playing that game. No wonder Sherlock was sick XD

Were they?? Oh I missed that - but it does explain how they were getting worse, not better.  LOL

January 6, 2014 8:36 pm  #157

This season is getting some negative reviews from around the net and media. I'll be watching this episode tonight and write my thoughts tomorrow. Hope all goes well... 

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

January 6, 2014 8:44 pm  #158

Mirthxx wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Were they?? Oh I missed that - but it does explain how they were getting worse, not better.  LOL

Sherlock's got a glass in his hand, and there's one on the table next to John. Looks like it could be whiskey XD

January 6, 2014 8:50 pm  #159

It surely wasn't applejuice and yes, I saw it too.

Stayin Alive: "This season is getting some negative reviews from around the net and media."
You should read the right media.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 6, 2014 8:51 pm  #160

kittykat wrote:

Mirthxx wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Sherlock's got a glass in his hand, and there's one on the table next to John. Looks like it could be whiskey XD

They're not exactly trying to get sober are they

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera