BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2014 9:59 am  #141

Re: Who else is nervous/scared about His Last Vow?

SolarSystem wrote:

Hudders wrote:

I just have a husband around telling me that i should not overreact because it is just a TV Show (by the way: he is someone who can discuss with his friends about "Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten" for hours!)

GZSZ, now that made me laugh.
I suppose I'm a pretty lucky girl then, because my boyfriend is very understanding.
When I watched TEH and TSoT, he was in the kitchen, doing other stuff. He likes the show very much, but his English isn't very good and he has to wait for the dubbed version. But he was really sweet, from time to time he came into the room, asking me cautiously if I needed anything, brought me tea and stuff. He thinks my fangirling is 'charming'.  

that's sweet
I try to keep my hubby out of my obsession as much as possible and the things he knows of he ignores more or less ;). Want to keep it "my thing".

The Game is On!

January 9, 2014 10:25 am  #142

Marva wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Hudders wrote:

I just have a husband around telling me that i should not overreact because it is just a TV Show (by the way: he is someone who can discuss with his friends about "Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten" for hours!)

I suppose I'm a pretty lucky girl then, because my boyfriend is very understanding.
When I watched TEH and TSoT, he was in the kitchen, doing other stuff. He likes the show very much, but his English isn't very good and he has to wait for the dubbed version. But he was really sweet, from time to time he came into the room, asking me cautiously if I needed anything, brought me tea and stuff. He thinks my fangirling is 'charming'.  

that's sweet
I try to keep my hubby out of my obsession as much as possible and the things he knows of he ignores more or less ;). Want to keep it "my thing".

I totally understand, Marva.
With us these things just happen, we both love movies and tv shows and I just had to introduce him to Sherlock - and he thinks it's one of the best tv shows he has ever seen. And he thinks Mister Cumberbatch is a brilliant actor. But there still are a lot of things in connection with Sherlock he doesn't have the slightest clue about... but he could explain what Johnlock means.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 9, 2014 10:32 am  #143

SolarSystem wrote:

Marva wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

that's sweet

I totally understand, Marva.
With us these things just happen, we both love movies and tv shows and I just had to introduce him to Sherlock - and he thinks it's one of the best tv shows he has ever seen. And he thinks Mister Cumberbatch is a brilliant actor. But there still are a lot of things in connection with Sherlock he doesn't have the slightest clue about... but he could explain what Johnlock means.

Well, he also loves Sherlock as a TV Show - the "normal" way . But still he didn't watch TEH while airing with me!!! OMG!!! He still didn't watch it yet, btw, but tSotT at least (better choice, I have to admit ;)). That shows me that there are just some things he can't, will never, and shall never understand and that's why I love this forum so much because here people DO understand .

The Game is On!

January 9, 2014 10:39 am  #144

....and of course it is totally different here, I'm writing things here I would never say to my boyfriend... some things he just doesn't have to know.
But he would have watched both new episodes with me if his English were good enough - but I suppose it's a good thing I was able to do the screaming and laughing and swooning on my own.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 9, 2014 10:40 am  #145

My husband loves Sherlock too but he doesn't understand a single word in English and I don't want to explain everything.

at tsot he was always moaning that I was laughing so loud and later on crying so much. when I say he is not much better about gzsz he is like "that is something totally different" (I'm trying not to say anything bad about this damn soap opera )

He is not as cute as your partners. he likes overreacting like "Go on. Marry that Cumberbatch guy"  (yes sure, why not - i would really love to  ) I think he is quite jealous..

but I am happy too, that here are a lot of people who understand me

January 9, 2014 10:48 am  #146

Hudders wrote:

He is not as cute as your partners. he likes overreacting like "Go on. Marry that Cumberbatch guy"  (yes sure, why not - i would really love to  ) I think he is quite jealous..

Oh my... but it's nice that he's giving you his permission to marry that Cumberbatch guy, isn't it?
Btw, my boyfriend tends to call Benedict "Cumberken" - like Barbie's Ken. Don't ask me how he came up with this, but it really makes me laugh.

January 9, 2014 10:58 am  #147

Well, I made the mistake to point out in the very beginning that Sherlock looks like a real-life friend of our's (he really does at times!!) and now I don't dare to make any further remarks about how Sherlock/BC looks like .

still waiting for the shock blanket, btw *gasp*

The Game is On!

January 9, 2014 11:05 am  #148

Marva wrote:

Well, I made the mistake to point out in the very beginning that Sherlock looks like a real-life friend of our's (he really does at times!!) and now I don't dare to make any further remarks about how Sherlock/BC looks like .

Well, at least you are thoughtful about such things. My husband's always like "Oh, that actress is very nice, her face is beautiful..." and later adds. "You know, she reminds of [a female friend of ours]."

January 9, 2014 12:18 pm  #149

I'm just going to say this - and I might post it everywhere so people know - WATCH.IT.UNTIL.THE.END.

When the credits start, don't turn it off, curl into a ball under your shock blanket, go into another room. NO. KEEP.WATCHING.

January 9, 2014 12:45 pm  #150

My husband liked Sherlock, too.  Not to the same extent as me, but that's pretty hard.  I ruin things did him all the time, though XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 9, 2014 12:53 pm  #151

Ozma wrote:

I'm just going to say this - and I might post it everywhere so people know - WATCH.IT.UNTIL.THE.END.

When the credits start, don't turn it off, curl into a ball under your shock blanket, go into another room. NO. KEEP.WATCHING.

I never turn the credits off...

January 9, 2014 12:59 pm  #152

So if I understand the other thread: all the speculations are WRONG.

MOFFAAAAAT!!!!

I already love you. 

January 9, 2014 1:01 pm  #153

SolarSystem wrote:

Ozma wrote:

I think we will still sit there ages after it finished... totally down with our nerves...

Last edited by gently69 (January 9, 2014 1:02 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2014 1:04 pm  #154

silverblaze wrote:

MOFFAAAAAT!!!!

I already love you. 

I have a love/hate relationship with the guy 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2014 1:05 pm  #155

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Ozma wrote:

I think we will still sit there ages after it finished... totally down with our nerves...

*nods* Yep, that's what will probably happen, HLV will likely put us into shock *chews lip nervously*

-------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2014 1:24 pm  #156

My hubby is amused by my obsession.  He loves to tease me about BC and he's favorite game is making up new names for him such as Blueberry Cucumberpatch.   He hasn't watched Sherlock yet and I don't try to force it.  He has to get to it on his own.  He says that maybe he'll wait till it ends and then binge watch the whole thing!

I have to say I have never experianced anythign quite like watching Series 3 of Sherlock.  Watching shows on HBO and Showtime I had gotten use to waiting a year between seasons, but at least I got 13 or more episodes after the long wait.  To think that Series 3 took less than 2 full weeks to watch!!!  It boggles the mind.

But don't get me wrong.  I can deal with only having 3 episodes at a time in exchange for the quality.  I'd just appreciate it if the next wait didn't take 2 years!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this fandom and how glad I am that I found it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2014 1:35 pm  #157

tonnaree wrote:

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this fandom and how glad I am that I found it?

Oh God Yes.

January 9, 2014 1:39 pm  #158

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Oh God Yes.

AGREED!!!
Don't know how to cope with all this... just on my own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2014 1:53 pm  #159

silverblaze wrote:

MOFFAAAAAT!!!!

I already love you. 

yes...yes... he is very good at stomping on your heart. Very thoroughly.

January 9, 2014 1:57 pm  #160

silverblaze wrote:

MOFFAAAAAT!!!!

I already love you. 

Absolutely nothing like I thought.

But in the best way ever :D

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

Board footera