BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2014 3:57 pm  #121

Re: Who else is nervous/scared about His Last Vow?

dartmoordoggers wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

dartmoordoggers wrote:

I haven't read all the thread; but apologies if its already been brought up. What are we to make of the info that part of Mycrofts dialogue was deliberately omitted from the script; and has never been written down? The only time I've seen this device used is when the director wants to get a genuine reaction from the actors.
Either Gatiss or Moffat said it in interview and I've seen it mentioned occasionally on twitter. But I can't even recollect whether it refers to the coming episode; or one of the two we have already seen.

It is concerning His Last Vow.  Obviously, we will see what he's talking about come Sunday, but I wondered what could be so shocking that they would use that device.

Thanks. I wasn't dreaming it then!

May I ask where you got that from? Never heard any of this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2014 3:57 pm  #122

I think rather than aimed at John to affect Mary, it seemed to me like he orchestrated the whole bonfire thing to test Sherlock's and Mary's reactions. And this is why he was replaying his rescue - and why he was zooming on Sherlock's face when he saw that he practically threw himself in the fire to save him.

He will be using the knowledge he got, I'm sure.

January 8, 2014 4:03 pm  #123

SusiGo wrote:

dartmoordoggers wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

It is concerning His Last Vow.  Obviously, we will see what he's talking about come Sunday, but I wondered what could be so shocking that they would use that device.

Thanks. I wasn't dreaming it then!

May I ask where you got that from? Never heard any of this. 

I wish I could remember. Definitely in interview and as I said I've also seen some references to it on social network sites. (Spent half the day revisiting various interviews to try to find a link.)

January 8, 2014 4:23 pm  #124

Ozma wrote:

I think rather than aimed at John to affect Mary, it seemed to me like he orchestrated the whole bonfire thing to test Sherlock's and Mary's reactions. And this is why he was replaying his rescue - and why he was zooming on Sherlock's face when he saw that he practically threw himself in the fire to save him.

He will be using the knowledge he got, I'm sure.

Could be , but I read it more as aimed at John , for the reason that he just got engaged to Mary. With Sherlock back tho CAM realises to get to John/Mary he has to go thru Sherlock , so now CAMs attention is on Sherlock and John.
Also in poison giant case on johnsblog seems another attempt was made on Johns life and they didn't know who by...but the involvement of pearl emails reflects Mary's canon case , and so CAM trying to kill them again?
If he wanted to blackmail/use sh/jw why's he trying to kill them?
If not to affect Mary...?

January 8, 2014 4:28 pm  #125

Sherlock knows CAM already though - or at least this is the impression I got.

If CAM only wanted to get to John/Mary, why didn't he just kill John? Why send the texts to Mary? Just to blackmail her? What is the motive behind that?

Mmm...

My very last attempt at a theory before I watch it: Sherlock will put himself between CAM and John/Mary.

Gross sobbing.

Last edited by Ozma (January 8, 2014 4:28 pm)

January 8, 2014 4:48 pm  #126

Sherlock prob knows of CaM because oh his global media stuff, the cam global news or something was featured in the minisode.I don't think they are personally aquainted..... yet .
I got that he was trying to kill John and the texts were sent to torture/punish Mary in some way which was why he was listening to her screams.....but he was watching the whole thing...so as for motive I guess like Moriarty he likes to watch them dance.... and he doesn't want anyone else to have Mary...hence ex lover/fiancee.

Agreee@Theory .

Last edited by lil (January 8, 2014 4:50 pm)

January 8, 2014 5:14 pm  #127

The actual quote

Moffat. 'There's a line, and it's quite an important line, in His Last Vow, which was never written down, it was just agreed betweeen us, we just said ''No, it's fine, Marks going to say that.''

From the Q&A at the BFI screening of The Empty Hearse.

January 8, 2014 5:21 pm  #128

Don't get involved?
What do we say about coincidences?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2014 5:25 pm  #129

Thank you, dartmoor. I suppose we have not heard the line yet if it is from HLV. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 9, 2014 12:38 am  #130

Am I the only one having a bad feeling about Mycroft? As in "bad feeling" I mean as in something happening to him?

Just like old times...

January 9, 2014 6:44 am  #131

You coulld be rght.
However, I feel much happier now that appparently at the BAFTA screening last night, Steven announced they have seires 4&5 planned out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2014 8:08 am  #132

He did, I heard him with my own ears

They seem pretty eager to start the process - Sue said they are working on timings. If Martin is free from April, and Ben not long after that, we might even get the new episodes this year.... lol
Though honestly...they have almost lost me. I feel like I need a support group to talk about my feelings and why I can't make sense of them

Last edited by Ozma (January 9, 2014 8:19 am)

January 9, 2014 8:26 am  #133

Ozma wrote:

They seem pretty eager to start the process - Sue said they are working on timings. If Martin is free from April, and Ben not long after that, we might even get the new episodes this year.... lol

OMFG! Can anybody just hand me a shock blanket, please!?!?!

The Game is On!

January 9, 2014 8:28 am  #134

Marva wrote:

Ozma wrote:

No, sorry. I have some extra shock blankets, but right now I'm using all of them at once and can't spare one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 9, 2014 8:32 am  #135

Schmiezi wrote:

Marva wrote:

Ozma wrote:

No, sorry. I have some extra shock blankets, but right now I'm using all of them at once and can't spare one!

I am currently using 45 shock blankets, all piled around myself like a bloody fortress.

January 9, 2014 9:05 am  #136

I am really nervous and scared about the last episode.
Everyone around me is like "come on! It is just a tv show."

But I'm really looking forward to "His last vow". I'm just scared that it is all getting too emotional for me. And I'm sad that Sherlock series 3 is already over on Sunday

January 9, 2014 9:18 am  #137

Yeah, you wait ages for a new season and it's over after 2 weeks again. That's hard...
Wonder how it will be like on Sunday. Thank god I'm not alone then...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2014 9:43 am  #138

Lucky you *jealous*

I just have a husband around telling me that i should not overreact because it is just a TV Show (by the way: he is someone who can discuss with his friends about "Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten" for hours!)

January 9, 2014 9:45 am  #139

Punch me in the face wrote:

Am I the only one having a bad feeling about Mycroft? As in "bad feeling" I mean as in something happening to him?

Nope. I've been thinking about that for quite a while now... I've come to love him so much (he's just a great character with such great dialogue and Mark's acting is so, so brilliant), that I really don't wanna lose him or anything...

But then again: it's gonna hurt, that's for sure. And I guess that's how it's supposed to be - and that's also what we want, isn't it? I personally want to feel something, anything... it's so amazing when a tv show can achieve emotions and feels... I love it.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 9, 2014 9:54 am  #140

Hudders wrote:

I just have a husband around telling me that i should not overreact because it is just a TV Show (by the way: he is someone who can discuss with his friends about "Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten" for hours!)

GZSZ, now that made me laugh.
I suppose I'm a pretty lucky girl then, because my boyfriend is very understanding.
When I watched TEH and TSoT, he was in the kitchen, doing other stuff. He likes the show very much, but his English isn't very good and he has to wait for the dubbed version. But he was really sweet, from time to time he came into the room, asking me cautiously if I needed anything, brought me tea and stuff. He thinks my fangirling is 'charming'.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera