BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2014 7:24 am  #101

Re: Who else is nervous/scared about His Last Vow?

the_dancing_woman wrote:

About Mary, I don't know, just had this conversation with a family member yesterday: we both think that there is something slightly 'off' about her. Mary is lovely (and I clearly love Amanda as an actress in basically everything I've seen her in!), but she is always a bit too much on point with everything, a bit too clever (like tricking both John and Sherlock into a case in "The Sign of Three") to be a simple doctor's receptionist. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say that receptionists are stupid or not doing an important job, but I don't know, she seems really extremely smart. Everything just went so fast with her, she is there, Sherlock is instantly happy with her, all is fine. It's just too much in a way, too fairytaley...
Maybe it's just me being overly suspicious but I expect sort of a huge relevation in "His last Vow". Why isn't John wearing a wedding ring in the photos we have seen of that weird American diner scene, where we always see only John or only Sherlock sitting in there staring out of the window?

My thoughts exactly. She's just too good to be true, with everything. She is so lovely that I can't help myself but think 'this isn't for real, she isn't for real'.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 8, 2014 7:46 am  #102

besleybean wrote:

Amnada had tweeted ; 'HIS last vow'...which I'm assuming does mean it's Sherlock's vow and nothing to do with wedding vows...apparently there are big spoilers floating around.
I've not seen them, but the trailer is scary enough.

Oh dear, now I am scared again. I wish we had a confirmation for season 4  .
I suppose her tweet refers to the rumors that Mary will die in HLV, so does this mean, she won't? I'm confused  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 8, 2014 8:07 am  #103

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 8, 2014 8:21 am  #104

Indeed. And as I cannot switch off my mind I start thinking of other scenarios. Everyone seems to expect Mary to die a tragic death. But when did Moftiss ever deliver exactly what we expected? Never, I suppose. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2014 8:26 am  #105

SusiGo wrote:

Indeed. And as I cannot switch off my mind I start thinking of other scenarios. Everyone seems to expect Mary to die a tragic death. But when did Moftiss ever deliver exactly what we expected? Never, I suppose. 

...and since we don't expect him to deliver what we all expect, it might come as a big surprise if this time around he does indeed deliver exactly that.

January 8, 2014 8:27 am  #106

Now this is getting complicated … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2014 8:30 am  #107

If she doesn't die, or leave the series somehow, I am telling you now -  I am not sure I am not going to lose interest. The characters playing house is NOT what I want to see.

I can't in any way believe there will be a baby. Christ.

As for Amanda's tweet.. 'his' could still be referring to John? Though it's more likely Sherlock.

I think we will be very angry by the end of this season.

January 8, 2014 8:32 am  #108

sorry -  just wanted to add - I have just seen Amanda's other tweets - she didn't tweet 'His last vow' trying to refer to Sherlock or anything like that...she tweeted it because she got it wrong in the previous tweet (she wrote 'The last vow')!!!!!

I am relieved quite frankly, even if nothing has changed... lol

January 8, 2014 8:32 am  #109

Oh, not at all, Susi!
We expect him to give us something unexpected. But wouldn't it be far more surprising if this time around he gave us what most of us consider to be the most likely outcome (Mary's death)...? If he gives us that, but with a twist... I think that would be great! (Yes, I know how that sounds...)

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 8, 2014 8:33 am)

January 8, 2014 12:45 pm  #110

The only expectation I have no doubt of is that by the end of the episode I will be curled up in the fetal position with WatsonBear and my shock blanket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 8, 2014 1:08 pm  #111

Ozma wrote:

If she doesn't die, or leave the series somehow, I am telling you now -  I am not sure I am not going to lose interest. The characters playing house is NOT what I want to see.

As for Amanda's tweet.. 'his' could still be referring to John? Though it's more likely Sherlock.

What on earth is there to be angry about?  I can't think of any plausible scenario with which I would be angry at the show.  For one: it's a show.  For two: if they feel that it works out better for Mary to stick around, there would be a good reason for it.  If they want to kill her off now, same thing.  They know where the show is going and we are just along for the ride.  But I don't see any reason to be angry.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 8, 2014 1:58 pm  #112

sj4iy wrote:

Ozma wrote:

What on earth is there to be angry about? I can't think of any plausible scenario with which I would be angry at the show. For one: it's a show. For two: if they feel that it works out better for Mary to stick around, there would be a good reason for it. If they want to kill her off now, same thing. They know where the show is going and we are just along for the ride. But I don't see any reason to be angry.

Sorry, I didn't mean angry in the real sense of the word... what I wanted to say is that we will be left speechless and probably utter a swearword or two when the episode ends with the biggest cliffhanger ever Human reactions!

I know it's a show etc - I didn't mean it in a serious way, I'm just enjoying chatting about it...

January 8, 2014 2:11 pm  #113

Ozma wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Ozma wrote:

What on earth is there to be angry about? I can't think of any plausible scenario with which I would be angry at the show. For one: it's a show. For two: if they feel that it works out better for Mary to stick around, there would be a good reason for it. If they want to kill her off now, same thing. They know where the show is going and we are just along for the ride. But I don't see any reason to be angry.

Sorry, I didn't mean angry in the real sense of the word... what I wanted to say is that we will be left speechless and probably utter a swearword or two when the episode ends with the biggest cliffhanger ever Human reactions!

I know it's a show etc - I didn't mean it in a serious way, I'm just enjoying chatting about it...

Gotcha  It's awesome that you get to see it at the screening, I hope you'll give a report :D

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

January 8, 2014 2:16 pm  #114

I am starting to feel really nervous!
I will let you know if they say anything relevant to the future etc - but don't worry, no spoilers!

January 8, 2014 2:42 pm  #115

I haven't read all the thread; but apologies if its already been brought up. What are we to make of the info that part of Mycrofts dialogue was deliberately omitted from the script; and has never been written down? The only time I've seen this device used is when the director wants to get a genuine reaction from the actors.
Either Gatiss or Moffat said it in interview and I've seen it mentioned occasionally on twitter. But I can't even recollect whether it refers to the coming episode; or one of the two we have already seen.

Last edited by dartmoordoggers (January 8, 2014 2:43 pm)

January 8, 2014 2:47 pm  #116

It's a bit hard to believe as Mark Gatiss, the actor of Mycroft, is one of the writers...

The Game is On!

January 8, 2014 2:48 pm  #117

dartmoordoggers wrote:

I haven't read all the thread; but apologies if its already been brought up. What are we to make of the info that part of Mycrofts dialogue was deliberately omitted from the script; and has never been written down? The only time I've seen this device used is when the director wants to get a genuine reaction from the actors.
Either Gatiss or Moffat said it in interview and I've seen it mentioned occasionally on twitter. But I can't even recollect whether it refers to the coming episode; or one of the two we have already seen.

It is concerning His Last Vow.  Obviously, we will see what he's talking about come Sunday, but I wondered what could be so shocking that they would use that device.

January 8, 2014 2:52 pm  #118

sj4iy wrote:

dartmoordoggers wrote:

It is concerning His Last Vow.  Obviously, we will see what he's talking about come Sunday, but I wondered what could be so shocking that they would use that device.

Thanks. I wasn't dreaming it then!

January 8, 2014 3:31 pm  #119

Mycroft: "Sherlock. All these reunion and wedding malarky were a figment of your imagination. Nothing was true. You are actually dead. Like, for real".

Sherlock: "Oh, shit".

January 8, 2014 3:49 pm  #120

The comments in here on Sherlock being back into the drugs scene confused me...  in canon SH states that if CAM went after a truly innocent person they would have him... does Sherlock pretend to be involved with drugs again as some kind of lure/entrapment for him but remaining truly innocent/clean?

I think Mary must of been sent to get close to John as some sort of sleeper agent , but then fell for him.
CAM being some sort of Danish euro media mogul.. maybe a journo looking for a big scoop idk....

Tho CAM's attacks seem quite personal... and aimed at John to affect Mary... like a puppetmaster...and "poppet"
I think CAM must be Marys ex fiancee/lover.... it's so personal and obsessive,,,,, but so very dark.

Board footera