BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2014 12:01 am  #81

Re: Who else is nervous/scared about His Last Vow?

Yeah I have seen a lot of "OMG Sherlock goes back to drugs and ODs and that's why he's in the hospital" but they seem to skip over the fact that a drug overdose doesn't require surgery and that's clearly what's going on in that shot. If that is Sherlock, which it may not be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 8, 2014 12:08 am  #82

Ozma wrote:

dartmoordoggers wrote:

Ozma wrote:

Shot (not fatally, of course) I can handle. Beaten, no

I think its going to be worse than that. I think he may take up with an 'old friend'.

what do you mean?

He is on his own again. So maybe the needle or the pipe?  But as part of a wider game.

Last edited by dartmoordoggers (January 8, 2014 12:10 am)

January 8, 2014 12:11 am  #83

Wholocked wrote:

Yeah I have seen a lot of "OMG Sherlock goes back to drugs and ODs and that's why he's in the hospital" but they seem to skip over the fact that a drug overdose doesn't require surgery and that's clearly what's going on in that shot. If that is Sherlock, which it may not be.

I would have to say that I'd be shocked if that ended up as anyone else's hand...it looks so, so, SO much like BC's hand.  

dartmoordoggers wrote:

Ozma wrote:

dartmoordoggers wrote:

I think its going to be worse than that. I think he may take up with an 'old friend'.

what do you mean?

He is on his own again. So maybe the needle or the pipe?  But as part of a wider game.

Or maybe he just wants to appear as if he is back on drugs for ulterior motives?

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 8, 2014 12:11 am  #84

I have heard references to him going back to doing drugs. Possibly from people who've visited the set - not sure why.

January 8, 2014 12:14 am  #85

Twist on "The Dying Detective"?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 8, 2014 12:17 am  #86

Wholocked wrote:

Twist on "The Dying Detective"?

"The Man with the Twisted Lip" seems to be heavily referenced also in there. 

Last edited by sj4iy (January 8, 2014 12:17 am)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

January 8, 2014 12:18 am  #87

while I find it plausible, wouldn't it go against the very thing he just promised - to be there for John etc etc? How can he be there if he is doing drugs?

January 8, 2014 12:20 am  #88

Ozma wrote:

while I find it plausible, wouldn't it go against the very thing he just promised - to be there for John etc etc? How can he be there if he is doing drugs?

For a case, he would do it.

January 8, 2014 12:22 am  #89

Do you mean, he is using again in the case connected with CAM?

January 8, 2014 12:31 am  #90

Ozma wrote:

Do you mean, he is using again in the case connected with CAM?

Maybe?  Not sure at this point.

January 8, 2014 12:41 am  #91

Damn it, Sherlock! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 8, 2014 12:45 am  #92

I think John would SO kick his ass.

January 8, 2014 3:06 am  #93

I just saw the trailer for TLV for the first time and, gosh, no one has had the same reaction as me!  Here's what I thought of it:  When Mycroft warns Sherlock that if he goes against CAM, Sherlock goes against Mycroft, I took that to mean that Sherlock will indeed, face off against his brother to bring down CAM.  And when CAM says that Sherlock has made one huge mistake that will destroy the lives of everyone he loves, I think he's suggesting that something awful will happen to Mycroft, which shatters Sherlock, and collateral damage will be Mary, which shatters John.

(And, btw, I don't care for Mary.  She's too nice, too understanding, too perfect.  It's like she's the idealized version of what a wife and a best friend's wife should be.  No one is that angelic!  )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 8, 2014 3:12 am  #94

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I just saw the trailer for TLV for the first time and, gosh, no one has had the same reaction as me!  Here's what I thought of it:  When Mycroft warns Sherlock that if he goes against CAM, Sherlock goes against Mycroft, I took that to mean that Sherlock will indeed, face off against his brother to bring down CAM.  And when CAM says that Sherlock has made one huge mistake that will destroy the lives of everyone he loves, I think he's suggesting that something awful will happen to Mycroft, which shatters Sherlock, and collateral damage will be Mary, which shatters John.

(And, btw, I don't care for Mary.  She's too nice, too understanding, too perfect.  It's like she's the idealized version of what a wife and a best friend's wife should be.  No one is that angelic!  )

I think Mycroft is warning Sherlock against going after CAM because CAM knows confidential gov't secrets that he might reveal in retaliation.

January 8, 2014 3:54 am  #95

Mouse wrote:

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I have the opposite reaction... Great to see a woman who isn't a whiny, needy basket case for a change.

She also knows about needing a confidante when you are being secretive, what a skip code is, is conveniently an orphan with no family, and was visibly upset when she received a Telegram from CAM.

Definitely not an angel by any means.

Last edited by sj4iy (January 8, 2014 3:55 am)

January 8, 2014 6:45 am  #96

Well something big's gonna happen, but I dunno what...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2014 7:11 am  #97

...and I can't wait to see it! Right now I'm not nervous or scared, I'm just bloody impatient! And it's only Wednesday yet! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 8, 2014 7:19 am  #98

Amnada had tweeted ; 'HIS last vow'...which I'm assuming does mean it's Sherlock's vow and nothing to do with wedding vows...apparently there are big spoilers floating around.
I've not seen them, but the trailer is scary enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2014 7:20 am  #99

About Mary, I don't know, just had this conversation with a family member yesterday: we both think that there is something slightly 'off' about her. Mary is lovely (and I clearly love Amanda as an actress in basically everything I've seen her in!), but she is always a bit too much on point with everything, a bit too clever (like tricking both John and Sherlock into a case in "The Sign of Three") to be a simple doctor's receptionist. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say that receptionists are stupid or not doing an important job, but I don't know, she seems really extremely smart. Everything just went so fast with her, she is there, Sherlock is instantly happy with her, all is fine. It's just too much in a way, too fairytaley...
Maybe it's just me being overly suspicious but I expect sort of a huge relevation in "His last Vow". Why isn't John wearing a wedding ring in the photos we have seen of that weird American diner scene, where we always see only John or only Sherlock sitting in there staring out of the window?

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

January 8, 2014 7:24 am  #100

Oh is that from HLV?  I didn't realise.
Mary is a nurse, by the way.
But yes, there seems to be something...

Board footera