BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 1:29 pm  #221

Re: Who else is nervous/scared about His Last Vow?

This person on Tumblr though is somebody who hasn't seen it. A lot of people were happy that they posted that, which is beyond me.

So many people wrote to me and got abusive when I said I couldn't tell them, I almost felt bad not telling them, but not after being called a 'bastard'... it was a collective insult and not personal, of course, but still.

January 11, 2014 1:32 pm  #222

Some people really need to grow up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2014 2:07 pm  #223

Ozma wrote:

This person on Tumblr though is somebody who hasn't seen it. A lot of people were happy that they posted that, which is beyond me.

So many people wrote to me and got abusive when I said I couldn't tell them, I almost felt bad not telling them, but not after being called a 'bastard'... it was a collective insult and not personal, of course, but still.

Don't understand why they want to know. It'd only make the experience less fun. Or they just want the information for trolling purposes. 

What is fun however is taking all the non-spoiler clues and try to piece together a story. And then still be surprised, of course. I'm so glad you two keep a lid on it here. 

January 11, 2014 2:10 pm  #224

That's unbelievable. And I appreciate your point of view a lot, Ozma. I really do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 11, 2014 3:41 pm  #225

God, I'm getting more and more nervous about tomorrow...And somehow I just can't chase those thoughts away, things i've imagined (even though I have no real explanation) and that got stuck in my head:
* Mary is a villain somehow
* something bad happens to Mycroft

Well, I really wish I'm wrong! (though Mary being a villain would be very interesting) 

Just like old times...

January 11, 2014 3:47 pm  #226

See at least you focus on more practical things...I'm just worrired about our boys relationship.
Though I do keep gettig interesting scenarios coming to mind..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2014 4:00 pm  #227

Some people like spoilers, some hate them.  Everyone is different as to what they enjoy and how they enjoy it.  But I think we can all agree that only an a** would post big spoilers where those who don't want to see them could be exposed unknowingly.  I don't think this is really a debate on whether people like spoilers or not...just that some people post them in a public environment where people don't have a choice.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 11, 2014 4:42 pm  #228

besleybean wrote:

See at least you focus on more practical things...I'm just worrired about our boys relationship.
Though I do keep gettig interesting scenarios coming to mind..

Same here.... 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 11, 2014 4:44 pm  #229

See something's just been posted on Twitter and I don't know whether it's a statement of fact or speculation...would go against everything we've been told, so far. 

January 11, 2014 4:58 pm  #230

besleybean wrote:

See something's just been posted on Twitter and I don't know whether it's a statement of fact or speculation...would go against everything we've been told, so far. 

What and where? 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 11, 2014 5:02 pm  #231

Punch me in the face wrote:

God, I'm getting more and more nervous about tomorrow...And somehow I just can't chase those thoughts away, things i've imagined (even though I have no real explanation) and that got stuck in my head:
* Mary is a villain somehow
* something bad happens to Mycroft

Well, I really wish I'm wrong! (though Mary being a villain would be very interesting) 

The 'they might kill Mycroft' thought had found its way into my brain, unlikely as it might seem. Probably just because I love him so much and don't want anything to happen to him. 

Mary the villain: don't really see it happen. I really can't see how that would work on the show, and it's not as if it's new to introduce a nice female who turns out to be evil. No, Moftiss have something more interesting for us in store. 

January 11, 2014 5:05 pm  #232

Which other female was nice who was then evil?

January 11, 2014 5:09 pm  #233

sj4iy wrote:

Some people like spoilers, some hate them. Everyone is different as to what they enjoy and how they enjoy it. But I think we can all agree that only an a** would post big spoilers where those who don't want to see them could be exposed unknowingly. I don't think this is really a debate on whether people like spoilers or not...just that some people post them in a public environment where people don't have a choice.

Yeah, you're right, I was unclear. But giving a (more or less) stranger abuse because they want to know is a bit much IMHO. 

January 11, 2014 5:11 pm  #234

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2014 5:11 pm  #235

besleybean wrote:

Which other female was nice who was then evil?

Not on this show, but the device has been used before on others. I think there's one in Elementary somewhere. Well actually they did something similar with Irene. 

January 11, 2014 5:11 pm  #236

@tonnaree I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
@silverblaze: when was she ever nice?!

Last edited by besleybean (January 11, 2014 5:13 pm)

January 11, 2014 5:13 pm  #237

tonnaree wrote:

You just love being dramatic, don't ya? 

January 11, 2014 5:18 pm  #238

Yes, same here. I love Mycroft so much. Have always had and he's been my favourite character with Sherlock since the beginning, but I love him even more after those two episodes. So I guess that's why I'm scared anything happens to him. From what I've read about tomorrow's episode, all our deductions are wrong and yet there are at least one major character dying. If that follows the canon, then there's already CAM. Then I thought of Mary but her death would then be so obvious that I told myself he couldn't be her. I guess it's a death that will really affect Sherlock. So if it's not Mary (and/or her child if there's any), it can't be John because well, they just can't kill him off with a 4th season just confirmed. So my next thought is Mycroft.

As for Mary, she seems too nice to me. She can deduce Sherlock (when she says he's fibbing) proving she is very intelligent. There's the word "liar" when Sherlock deduces her. And other stuff that had had me thinking that maybe she was not as nice as she seems. That would make an interesting plot even though I still wish I'm wrong because I like her character.

We've also been told that after Episode 3, we'll see TSOT with different eyes. Whatever it means (ie. that Mary is somehow a villain and had it all planned since the beginning, or that she's not a villain but has a dark past linked to CAM and that Sherlock knew all that at the wedding... etc etc), I just hope that everything Sherlock has said during his speech wasn't faked. That he wasn't acting. I don't think he was but I can't chase the fear away.

Just like old times...

January 11, 2014 5:29 pm  #239

silverblaze wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Some people like spoilers, some hate them. Everyone is different as to what they enjoy and how they enjoy it. But I think we can all agree that only an a** would post big spoilers where those who don't want to see them could be exposed unknowingly. I don't think this is really a debate on whether people like spoilers or not...just that some people post them in a public environment where people don't have a choice.

Yeah, you're right, I was unclear. But giving a (more or less) stranger abuse because they want to know is a bit much IMHO. 

Yeah, I think the situation is just heightened at the moment and people are upset.  But I think we all have to settle down and realize that by tomorrow, none of this will really matter anymore.  The episode will air and we'll all just be excited to talk about it and all of its revelations.  It's easy to see this sort of thing through the magnifying glass of social media, but the same thing happened 2 weeks ago with TEH, yet that still had the best ratings for the show yet.  This episode's ratings will be the same, probably even moreso with the huge amount of buzz.  Spoilers rarely impact a show's success.  So everything will be fine in a day.

Last edited by sj4iy (January 11, 2014 5:30 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 11, 2014 5:33 pm  #240

Swanpride wrote:

This reminds me of the time when the last Harry Potter Books hit the shelve...I basically hide myself in my home for two days until I had the book in my hand (delivered by amazon) and read it. Compared to this, this is a piece of cake.

I was thinking about Harry Potter as well. I began reading them when only the first three had been published, and the wait was agony every time. I remember finishing the fourth book and being absolutely panicked about Voldemort, but back then, I didn't even have internet at home, so there was no way to talk about it to other fans, and even though it was certain there were going to be three more books, the respective wait in between was horrible.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

Board footera