BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2014 1:36 pm  #161

Re: What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Personally I'm a writer...but that basically means I stay at home all day on my computer "working" when actually I'm doing Sherlock related stuff. Both my parents are writers so it was kind of natural for me to move into the same field. I've done a writing degree, made my own short film, had a stage play put on by amateur dramatics and written a few trial scripts for various TV programmes but so far not actually made any money from it.

I'm basically the same, working on a novel (third draft), at the moment. I usually do shop work but my hubby is OK with me not working at the moment so I can concentrate on my writing.

I would love to do a writing degree but it would have to be an online one as I don't drive and live in the middle of nowhere.

To contribute a few pennies of my own though, I sculpt one of a kind fairies and dolls and sell them on Ebay.  I've also been commissioned to sculpt Jake Shears, Miley Cyrus, and am now working on my own Sherlock doll. My likenesses aren't too bad. Not spot on but I haven't had any complaints yet.

Hope it's ok to add a link to my website here -

http://forestinasfairies.weebly.com/

So if anyone wanted a one of a kind fairy or doll made for them, just email! Because I am still an amateur my rates are very reasonable.

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (February 3, 2014 1:53 pm)

February 4, 2014 9:32 am  #162

They are very beautiful and ethereal! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 4, 2014 1:39 pm  #163

Davina wrote:

They are very beautiful and ethereal!

Thank you very much! Thanks for taking a peek. I've still got a long way to go to get as good as the real professionals, whose dolls take my breath away, if I ever get there, but I'm trying to improve with each new sculpt. 

February 6, 2014 1:03 pm  #164

I am an unemployed Healthcare Service Secretary, but I make a little being a mystery shopper. Which is so much fun! 

In my 'free time' I love writing. (A passion I had lost until I found Sherlock). I'm also a Whovian and do a lot of Doctor Who obsessing and watching.

I have also recently taken Cross Stitching up again! As soon as I finish my TARDIS I am going to work on Sherlock 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 27, 2014 10:25 pm  #165

I am a single mum to and 8 & 3 year old.

I am also fangirl of:

Ant & Dec *it was thanks to the A&D tumblr fandom that I discovered the Sherlock fandom* 

Bones *David Boreanaz & Eric Millegan*

Derren Brown *so TEH was like OMG HOLY SHIT to me*

Darren Hayes.

and of course Sherlock *Ben, Martin & Andrew*

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 27, 2014 10:54 pm  #166

Derren Brown! Good taste! He is just amazing isn't he!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2014 6:27 am  #167

Another Derren Brown fan here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 28, 2014 6:47 am  #168

*waves hands* I'm a Derren fan too.

I saw him live last year, and he hypnotised me!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 28, 2014 6:58 am  #169

Wow! I am envious of you! 

March 29, 2014 6:00 pm  #170

Always loved Derren Brown too! And that is so awesome Rebecca!! 

A month ago I took up watercolour painting, I'm still feeling my way around but I am having a bit of fun with it!

I've not painted since I was 13 and my mother yelled at me and got rid of my art supplies telling me art was a stupid waste of time... Oh well. Now she actually seems happy I've taken it up again 11 years later! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2014 8:38 pm  #171

I spend most of my time doing boring things like working and studying. I have taken up mixed media journaling and I have a lot of fun with that.

April 22, 2014 11:48 am  #172

What do I do when I'm not Sherlocking?  Either rush things to get things done or cry, curl up into a ball and wait until I can start Sherlocking again! ;)

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

April 22, 2014 1:00 pm  #173

Read, knit, take care of family, conjugate Latin verbs, update enemy list, bird watch, teach at a nature center, revise enemy list, sleep.

April 22, 2014 1:08 pm  #174

'Update enemy list... Revise enemy list' hahaha brilliant!

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

April 22, 2014 9:14 pm  #175

Hm, well. I read, a lot. I Doctor Who a bit. I love writing Fanfiction (especially Mystrade, it's my OTP). I concentrate on school work. I aim to enter the Army or the Police. I love writing (not only fanfics!). I play tennis, my ultimate passion. Well that's basically it.

Last edited by Nausicäa Reddington (April 22, 2014 9:16 pm)

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

April 23, 2014 6:41 am  #176

Sherlock hasn't taken over that much of my life yet, but I'm getting to it, I guess...

So far, I still find enough time to go to work though (I'm a lawyer's assistant), listen to a lot of music, read many books and fanfictions, go to the movies, go to concerts (not as many as I used to go to a few years ago but still quite a few), go on city trips now and then, do some cooking, do some writing and most important of all: I'm a passionate hobby-translator, translating fanfiction that hits my fancy from English to German.

I also go hiking once in a while and love to swim in the lake or in the river in summer.

That's about it, I'd say.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

April 23, 2014 7:41 am  #177

Haha, I'm going to school, but when I'm not, I spend a lot of doing music. I sing, dance, play the guitar, electric guitar, piano and organ. I've also written a few songs, but they're not that good haha.
I also go horse riding and to the gym when I have time. I love training!
Then I spend a lot of time on Twitter too, hehe...

April 24, 2014 2:40 pm  #178

Well, basically sitting around and pretending to be Sherlock. Try it, it's COOL )))))

April 28, 2014 9:18 am  #179

Right now my life is pretty much the Eurovision Song Contest, trying to balance both working for it and being a major fangirl... and when I can I'm on this forum... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 28, 2014 1:03 pm  #180

Work. Because I spend so much time on Sherlock that I get myself late with the work I have to do before the finals (I study History)... And listen to music, then again, I spend countless hours listening to music throughout the day.

Board footera