BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2012 3:54 pm  #101

Re: What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?

It's a crested polish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 31, 2012 5:29 pm  #102

Wow, I go away for a few days and when I come back you're all talking about chickens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 31, 2012 6:18 pm  #103

Which came first -- the chicken or the egg benedict?

November 1, 2012 2:32 am  #104

Awesome, thanks heaps. And what is the brown rooster than? Easily one of the most spectacular looking backyard birds I have ever seen!

November 2, 2012 4:32 pm  #105

The library is my home away from home, as I read tons and watch flicks. I'm a big fan of sleeping and snacking too.   And I also squeeze in work and exercise, though they're not nearly as much fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 7, 2012 12:09 pm  #106

This afternoon, instead of doing Sherlock I shall be attempting to clip a friend's pony. At the moment I am also knitting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 7, 2012 5:25 pm  #107

Davina wrote:

. At the moment I am also knitting.

According to the pun: "Needless to say: I knit."

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 7, 2012 6:07 pm  #108

Me too! It's weird to knit at my age and some of my friends, what do I say, friends... ( ;) ) call my granny because of it...
But I think it's fun ^^
I just taught a friend how to knit and now we're knitting hats ^^

December 7, 2012 11:31 pm  #109

I have knitted hats coming out of my ears at the moment!  And scarves and sweaters and mitts and legwarmers!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 7, 2012 11:33 pm  #110

Shouldn't they be on your head?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 7, 2012 11:38 pm  #111

I'm working on knitting a baby blanket for my sister's friend and I have a huge stack of books that I'm working on. Hopefully I'll be able to get through some of it on Christmas break.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 8, 2013 3:23 pm  #112

When I'm not sherlocking, I'm on following internet sites: Facebook (not really active), YouTube, amazon, couple of different online forums...
Then:
- Listening to music (sherlock soundtracks, other soundtracks, Stayin Alive, usually hip hop = teenagering)
- Meeting and calling friends
- care about my cat
- doing homework and school stuff (Today I wrote an english test about analysing short stories and the whole time I used the word 'apparently', lol)
- inline skating
- watching TV (usually Sherlock, sometimes other movies)
- and sometimes I eat something - That's what people doooo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 8, 2013 4:19 pm  #113

I obsess over my other fandoms - mainly Doctor Who, which I'm just starting, or Firefly or Les Miserables, or Phantom of the Opera, or Wicked, or Castle. Or I'm writing Lion King or Warrior fanfiction. My life is kind of consumed by the internet. But if I'm not online or watching a show, I'm reading. I'm an obsessive reader.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

March 20, 2013 11:38 am  #114

There is a kind of law-thing that I do for work.
In my spare time I practice and teach japanese martial art. I read a lot and I like to spent my time in libraries.

Last edited by Be (December 28, 2013 1:49 pm)

March 20, 2013 11:51 am  #115

When I'm not Sherlocking, you would probably find me writting fanfics, doing homework or reading. Not that interesting but I find it fun. I probably read to many Fanfics. 

March 20, 2013 7:11 pm  #116

Ma5dz wrote:

When I'm not Sherlocking, you would probably find me writting fanfics, doing homework or reading. Not that interesting but I find it fun. I probably read to many Fanfics. 

You can't read to many fanfics because there are not enough of them! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 21, 2013 7:21 am  #117

I spend most of my free time reading. This year, I've been reading mostly Holmes-related stuff (I re-read the canon, and read lots of pastiches and non-fiction about Holmes and Doyle), just finished "The Sherlockian". It's partly based on a true story where a prominent Sherlockian, Richard Lancelyn Green, died a mysterious death in 2004 after opposing the sale of some ACD papers at Christie's. Sometimes life can be as strange as fiction.

Now I'm reading 'The loveliest chocolate shop in Paris". I met the author Jenny Colgan at WH Smith in Paris 2 days ago, she was signing books and she read some excerpts and answered some questions. There was a drawing for a box of chocolates, alas I didn't win, but there was a big open box on her table that everyone could nibble from. Interestingy, she mentioned that she's also writing for Doctor Who. I heard of it because of Sherlock but never saw any episode. I think we never had it on TV here.  She did notice my "I believe in Sherlock bag". The only person in Paris who did so far, and she's an Englishwoman living in Cannes!

After the talk I also met a lady called Cat Black who judges chocolates at competitions and writes about chocolate for a living (and she's very thin, life is unfair, but that's not news). Here's a top tip : the best way to cleanse your palate between chocolate tastings is by eating plain polenta - its texture will remove the chocolatey fats that coat the inside of your mouth.

March 21, 2013 7:38 am  #118

Mary Me wrote:

Ma5dz wrote:

You can't read to many fanfics because there are not enough of them! 

True but according to my friends i read abnormal amounts. Can't help it. 

March 28, 2013 7:50 pm  #119

^Reading's cool
When not Sherlocking? Um. Fangathering (an AF fan site). And reading. I read a lot. And Tumblr. Until my mum kicks me off the computer.

Last edited by Sky Holt (March 28, 2013 7:51 pm)

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

March 28, 2013 10:09 pm  #120

When not Sherlocking - am found in front of computer doing coursework..reading...walking...science-y geeky stuff...volunteering...shooting (when I can)

------------------------------------------------
Twenty-something Sherlockian with Whovian traits of a Christopher Eccleston kind. 

Board footera