BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2012 4:05 pm  #81

Re: What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?

Wholocked wrote:

Today I finished building a chook yard about 3 times larger than the one in Mum's yard currently. They were very happy when we moved them in! And you can stand up inside this one woo!

What is a chook yard? And are you standing up yourself, or are the chooks? 

October 21, 2012 4:08 pm  #82

A caged area for the chickens/hens and I assume an adult can stand up in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2012 6:38 pm  #83

besleybean wrote:

A caged area for the chickens/hens and I assume an adult can stand up in it.

Crawling in chicken s... to collect eggs wouldn't be nice.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 21, 2012 11:55 pm  #84

I will tell my nextdoor neighbors that they are building a chookyard.

October 22, 2012 12:50 am  #85

Haha yes we call Chickens Chooks in Aus...and yes an adult can stand up in the new yard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 22, 2012 2:22 am  #86

Never heard "chooks" before. Is it short for "chookens"? 
I asked my neighbor if they were getting the chickens just to torture their three cats, who won't be able to get to the chickens.

October 22, 2012 5:52 am  #87

We hope!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 22, 2012 7:08 pm  #88

besleybean wrote:

We hope!

Good point. If I hear squawking, I'll know what's for dinner.

October 22, 2012 7:15 pm  #89

Only if they stop laying. Do your chickens have names?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 22, 2012 7:17 pm  #90

Not mine. My next-door neighbors'. They haven't gotten them yet. They needed our permission first, because we are within city limits. They are supposed to get the eggs sometime in the spring (I don't know how they are shipped), and then incubate them. I think one is a Chinese something, because one of their kids has told me several times and is quite excited about it. Do you have chooks?

October 22, 2012 7:33 pm  #91

One of my friends keeps chooks. She lots the first lot to a fox attack but the second lot are fine...so far. The mother of one of the girls at the stables keeps them too. SE has about 50 now and they produce a lot of eggs which they sell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 22, 2012 7:53 pm  #92

I have about 35 hens, but some of them are still little, so they won't lay till spring. I have two roosters as well, and they have names (sadly, their names are not John and Sherlock ).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 23, 2012 2:05 am  #93

Do you live in the country? Roosters are not allowed within our city limits because of the noise they make. I'm hoping the hens will behave themselves noise-wise.

October 23, 2012 3:24 am  #94

yeah, I do. Our roosters are little too, so they don't make as much noise.

October 23, 2012 6:48 pm  #95

Pics?

October 24, 2012 4:08 am  #96

Here's a picture that looks like him;

And I had a rooster that looks like this one;

October 24, 2012 5:05 am  #97

When I am not doing Sherlock, I either am working or facebooking ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

October 25, 2012 1:33 am  #98

horserider99 wrote:

Here's a picture that looks like him;

Wow, those are spectacular birds.

October 25, 2012 5:51 am  #99

Fabulous.

October 30, 2012 4:33 am  #100

horserider99 wrote:

Please, what breed is this as I have a rooster looking exactly like this after having unknown market eggs hatched by my hen?

Board footera