BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2012 7:19 pm  #61

Re: What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?

Ugh.  Don't remind me either, please.  I've got a pile of German grammar exercises to finish, a poem to write (the topic is "romance," so I'm done for), and a test over Beowulf to prepare for.  Plus my desk looks like a twister just came through.  And I think I've got laundry that needs doing.  I'd love a cup of tea, but I have to traipse down two flights of stairs to get to a stove to heat water.  I hate living in a dormitory.

I do a lot of reading when I'm not masquerading as a student.  And writing.  I do an insane amount of writing.  I'd love to write professionally, but in today's economy there's no telling how that'll work out for me.  I've been slowly introducing myself to Doctor Who, which is quickly becoming a favorite series for me.  And I needlepoint.  Yeah, I'm old-fashioned.  My clothes are fifteen years out of date.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I dug this bullet out of that wall three hours before you said that somebody fired it at you three minutes ago.  You're under arrest, sir."
~Lt. Columbo, Candidate for Crime

September 9, 2012 12:49 am  #62

I try, TRY, to distract myself and also read non-Sherlockian stories.. and it is a uttermost doomed undertaking.

This biography deals with Southern Baptist siblings, and even such an obtuse theme leads to Sherlock!

Just saying that I have tried!

September 9, 2012 3:25 pm  #63

I am still a student, so much of my time is wasted by homework and learning. My hobbies are swimming (almst everyday- I just love it) and acting. I recently applied to the "Schotte" a professional acting club. I hope they'll take me...
@ The Doctor: What is the name of this book?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

September 9, 2012 8:12 pm  #64

Haha, I love Sherlock references in non-Sherlock stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 10, 2012 2:17 pm  #65

Ronny Dax wrote:

What is the name of this book?

Trespassers Will Be Baptized
The Unordained Memoir of a Preacher's Daughter
By Elizabeth Emerson Hancock

September 10, 2012 6:24 pm  #66

Ah. Thanks, sounds interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

September 10, 2012 7:11 pm  #67

Nice to read everyone's posts

I'm a graduate student so I'm mostly in class/doing homework. Though I don't study near as hard as I should. I have a part time job at my uni's library and it's nice - I get to be on the internet, like right now. I am also an artist, I like to paint and draw mostly portraits. I also love comic books and video games.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 10, 2012 9:53 pm  #68

I study. I like studying Biology, Chemistry and English, so school is not that bad. Well, besides Sherlock I love Harry Potter, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries, I tweet about it (@HPspn_SHtvd). My favorite hobbies are really watching movies and reading books (all sorts of).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

September 18, 2012 1:11 pm  #69

I love walking on the beach expecially on stormy days, watching dolphins hunting flounders and sea lions basking in the sun. I like reading books and watching films but I never go to the cinema ( I bought a ticket for Frankenstein though).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

September 18, 2012 4:50 pm  #70

I am a teacher, so that takes up a lot of my time.  I like to sew and I love to read.  My husband and I are homebodies, we like to just sit around and enjoy each other's company watching TV and movies together.  (Thankfully he likes to re-watch movies over and over so he doesn't mind re-watching Sherlock.)  I watch some of Benedict's other work too (like Fortysomething and Parade's End).  On the weekends I try to see family and friends.  It's a simple life, really.

September 20, 2012 3:19 am  #71

Well, I like to go out on the town though I work too much and tend to stay in when I'm not working.

Tonight, my best friend and I went downtown to experience ArtPrize, which is an open art competition based in my city. Installations are located at venues throughout the city, and it's so much fun to walk around town with good coffee and good friends. OH! And a good camera.

Some of the exhibits are interactive, like this one in which you were able to help to create a face (like the original art work) by writing your most important political opinion. Or maybe even writing something non-political, as more often seemed to be the case.

http://www.artprize.org/anne-hale-murra/2012/civil-discourse

I took a photo which includes my contribution. If you look closely, I'll bet you can see what that contribution says.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 20, 2012 6:09 am  #72

Found it.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 20, 2012 7:03 am  #73

We have an annual art trail near us every year in a town/village/suburb called Leigh-on-Sea. I like the idea of an interactive artwork.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2012 12:05 pm  #74

Yes, I do as well. I think it helps people to better understand art and its importance.

@Susigo: It's not difficult, I know. My friend laughed at me; they just don't understand.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

October 20, 2012 4:21 am  #75

I knit and read when I'm not doing homework.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 20, 2012 10:45 am  #76

I either surf the web or read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 20, 2012 11:35 am  #77

Reading. Watching telly. Gardening. Modelling with clay. Or cement. Drawing.
Sometimes making jam from own garden fruits. About once in two years. Reminds me of Sherlock when I begin: It's an experiment and of John when I'm finished: Afghanistan.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 20, 2012 2:50 pm  #78

I might knit a scarf, a long blue one, while I'm away, it could be nice come back to Austria in winter with some useful hand-made item. I just need to find the right "nuance" of wool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 21, 2012 5:33 am  #79

Today I finished building a chook yard about 3 times larger than the one in Mum's yard currently. They were very happy when we moved them in! And you can stand up inside this one woo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 21, 2012 7:13 am  #80

Cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera