BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2014 2:39 pm  #181

Re: What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?

Hi, from another Historian!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 13, 2014 10:57 am  #182

I
-Work on my uni work (lots and lots to do)
-Play music
-Do (recreational) research and write essays on warrior-women, Celtic culture and feminism.
-Do activism (mostly online, blogs and such)
-Take sword-fighting classes, walk, do yoga and swim sporadically.
-Draw and paint miniatures, lately also sporadically. Spend time in DeviantArt
-Do hair stuff (natural haircare, hairstyles, blogging, etc)
-Sporadical cinema and shopping escapades.
-Study languages

August 15, 2014 8:37 pm  #183

Oooo warrior women! A very interesting topic for research. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 15, 2014 8:37 pm  #184

What sort of sword fighting?

August 15, 2014 9:35 pm  #185

It's a really interesting topic, it's surprising (or not, seeing that most societies are patriarchal) to see how many historical warrior-women have been erased from history books and popular culture.

I do ancient Spanish rapier sword-fighting, Alatriste style Really cool

August 16, 2014 6:50 am  #186

One reason why I am finding the portrayal of women in Vikings a pleasant change, shield maidens etc. the sword fighting sounds very, very cool. A friend's husband fights using broadsword.

August 16, 2014 10:05 am  #187

I agree, Vikings is great in that respect  I hope to do broadsword swordfighting in the near future as well, when I have more spare time

August 17, 2014 5:49 am  #188

Well what do I do when I am not doing sherlockian stuff....

Playing with my baby, entertaining him and try the best to make us a peacefull day.
Working ..I am a cashier ...so not as awesome as some of you when it comes to my job.
Two Co Admins and myself run a board for adults roleplay, but its in sleepmode cause of our babybreak.
Writing and reading FFs....

Well and other than that...
Relaxing!
;)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

August 17, 2014 4:46 pm  #189

I read anything I can get my hands on. I also spend my time volunteering as a community paramedic (yes that's right, I do my job for free in my free time. I love it that much) attending 999 calls in my local area and saving lives!

I'm also a gamer, and I own a PS3. Also occasionally me and the ther half pull an all nighter on bodmin moor with our telescope observing and stargazing.

Also go to the gym.

Last edited by ComeAtOnceIfConvenient (August 17, 2014 4:48 pm)

August 18, 2014 10:34 am  #190

Jamaica Inn on your reading list? 

August 18, 2014 10:49 am  #191

ComeAtOnceIfConvenient wrote:

I read anything I can get my hands on. I also spend my time volunteering as a community paramedic (yes that's right, I do my job for free in my free time. I love it that much) attending 999 calls in my local area and saving lives!

That sounds amazing ^^

August 18, 2014 6:08 pm  #192

Davina wrote:

Jamaica Inn on your reading list?

Haha read that one!

August 18, 2014 6:09 pm  #193

ArwendeLuhtiene wrote:

ComeAtOnceIfConvenient wrote:

That sounds amazing ^^

It really is. I can honestly say that it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my entire life! I wouldn't change it for the world!

August 20, 2014 8:36 pm  #194

My life's a bit boring now.

Other than 'doing Sherlock' and working I pretty much sleep my days away... 

I'm online a lot; on this site, other sites and a chat 'dating' site talking to some interesting people. 

When I can afford it I'm trying to teach myself to cook; I moved away from my mother only being able to cook pasta with spaghetti... Last thing I tried (and failed at) was a lemon meringue pie... I'll have to try it again sometime. 

I also spend some time jotting down poetry. Nothing great... just what's on my mind. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 21, 2014 12:37 am  #195

This week, I've got what feels like half the village helping me do some work around my property -- putting new roofs on out buildings, cladding exterior walls, and cleaning up. It's been a lot of fun and even the village hermit/idiot (last named Anderson!) has put in a few days to everyone's surprise.

The Crown is on vaction right now, so my case load is pretty light and it's been the perfect time to get work done around here, even if the weather isn't cooperating. I have tons to do in the next few weeks on my own before I do some traveling.

I really enjoy working with my hands and doing carpentry, plumbing, electricity, etc., basically anything that gets me away from my desk but doesn't involve cleaning.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

March 16, 2015 5:14 pm  #196

Best. Title. Ever!!!!!!!!! Think maybe i might have got the wrong idea lol... "doing Sherlock" is something i think every fangirl dreams about

---------------------------------------
"This isn't funny Dean, the voice says I'm almost out of minutes!" -Castiel
"I lost my shoe..." -Sam

Board footera