BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2014 2:10 am  #21

Re: Has Mary killed Johnlock?

KeepersPrice wrote:

Have no fear, I'm still Johnlocking away over here - even though my heart was a bit broken that everyone else in TEH got hugs and kisses and John mostly got pranked. Oh well, as someone else said, "It's a guy thing".  With some guys, the deeper your emotions for someone, the harder it is to express them, so you hide them behind insults, jokes and teasing.  I was pretty upset with Sherlock for tormenting John on the train and then laughing his ass off about it.  But I did start to forgive him a bit when I heard him say, "But you said such sweet things. I love it that you cared....".  It's a crumb, but I'll take it. 

I think, you mentioned a very good point! I am brooding again and again about the train scene which made me mad at first, but maybe this extreme situation was indeed the only way they could somehow show their emotions towards another, just like you said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 4, 2014 9:05 am  #22

But I did start to forgive him a bit when I heard him say, "But you said such sweet things. I love it that you cared...."

And that tone he said it.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 4, 2014 12:40 pm  #23

Mattlocked wrote:

But I did start to forgive him a bit when I heard him say, "But you said such sweet things. I love it that you cared...."

And that tone he said it.....

Yes, I liked the tone.  It still had a tiny bit of a teasing quality to it but it was soft and gentle. Might be the best we can expect from darling Sherlock....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 4, 2014 2:03 pm  #24

She's going to die, don't worry about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2014 2:10 pm  #25

Guys... I know that you are not being completely serious but as far as the reactions are going... acknowledging that she's a lovely woman but wishing you could hate her for interfering? Even that is extremly uncool. Looking forward to hating someone is just uncool. I had to say that.
I am not referring to a certain comment here but that is just what I have gotten so far from most of the people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 4, 2014 2:37 pm  #26

Really? That's interesting. Most people I've spoken to have loved her almost immediately, although they expected to dislike her.

I think she's a fantastic take on the character and I love that she was warm to Sherlock almost straight away.

But as the Boss said, it's canon that she'll die so you can just see it as a hiccup if you want to. Or you could start shipping them as an OT3 ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 4, 2014 3:26 pm  #27

I actually think she's too easy to love. I wish she was more interesting. Well, I guess they are going to build up her character soon...

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 4, 2014 5:14 pm  #28

Yeah, I think she's a great character and she gets Sherlock's approval, right? I mean...he doesn't tear her apart like he does with most of John's other girlfriends. Not yet anyway, and I don't think he will.

January 4, 2014 6:17 pm  #29

I love Mary even if I find her incrediblely dull and inintersting in the books (I have the feeling that ACD didn't know what to with her!)....I will see at the end of the season

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

January 4, 2014 6:55 pm  #30

Mary Me wrote:

I actually think she's too easy to love. I wish she was more interesting. Well, I guess they are going to build up her character soon...

My thoughts exactly. So far she's very, very nice - and not much else. I hope they'll make her more interesting in the next episode.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 4, 2014 8:22 pm  #31

Mary Me wrote:

Guys... I know that you are not being completely serious but as far as the reactions are going... acknowledging that she's a lovely woman but wishing you could hate her for interfering? Even that is extremly uncool. Looking forward to hating someone is just uncool. I had to say that.
I am not referring to a certain comment here but that is just what I have gotten so far from most of the people.

I must be a bad person... My only defense is that I hate it when nice characters die,and really poor John has been through enough.  I would be far more Ok with her dying at some stage if I hated her.
If I am being truly honest, I had this desperate fantasy that Mary would be a scheming cow, break John's heart and run off with someone else, leaving John with nothing else to do but knock on that black Baker st door...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

January 4, 2014 8:29 pm  #32

NotYourHousekeeperDear wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I must be a bad person... My only defense is that I hate it when nice characters die,and really poor John has been through enough. I would be far more Ok with her dying at some stage if I hated her.
If I am being truly honest, I had this desperate fantasy that Mary would be a scheming cow, break John's heart and run off with someone else, leaving John with nothing else to do but knock on that black Baker st door...

Mary dying will push him and Sherlock closer together anyway.

January 4, 2014 8:37 pm  #33

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I must be a bad person... My only defense is that I hate it when nice characters die,and really poor John has been through enough. I would be far more Ok with her dying at some stage if I hated her.

Don't want her to die now. She's too nice, damn it.

Last edited by NotYourHousekeeperDear (January 4, 2014 8:38 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

January 4, 2014 8:52 pm  #34

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Don't want her to die now. She's too nice, damn it.

Tough. Steven Moffat is writing the last episode.

January 4, 2014 9:12 pm  #35

As a life long Star Trek fan I have no doubt that Mary is wearing a red shirt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 4, 2014 9:32 pm  #36

But for wearing a red shirt she has an awful lot of dialogue...

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 4, 2014 9:32 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 4, 2014 9:40 pm  #37

I love Mary and I'm a Johnlock shipper.  I think people forget that she is helping to push John and Sherlock back together. What more do people want? She is a nice, charming woman with a history I hope we discover throughout series 3 or maybe 4? I know she dies in canon, but that doesn't mean her death is near. Also, people should remember if Mary dies, John will be broken and people wish that? 

No, she isn't killing Johnlock. She actually helped in reviving it. 

January 4, 2014 9:43 pm  #38

See. I'm trying really hard not to judge anyone but it's kind of annoying that so many people want Mary to be a bad person / die just for the sake of John and Sherlock becoming closer. As if they weren't already. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 4, 2014 11:07 pm  #39

If it weren't canon, I'd be hoping that she was around indefinitely. I think she is an interesting character. Up until Mary, John and to a certain extent Mycroft, have been the only people who see Sherlock as being a valuable human beyond his powers of deduction. Even Lestrade to a degree only tolerates him for his usefulness. Mary "likes him" before the evening is out, even though he's hurt John and she's probably the only person who is aware of how deep that hurt goes.

How can you not find a personality interesting who is able to see through all that and decide that Sherlock is likable?

I think most girlfriends faced with the return of their boyfriend's dead best friend would either run for the hills or side with the boyfriend against the best friend. She doesn't do either of those things; if anything she seems to side with Sherlock that John is overreacting.

She's very self-confident, very sure of who she is, and very comfortable with her relationship with John.

I think she's fascinating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 4, 2014 11:09 pm  #40

I' m dying  to know how her story pans out...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera