BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2014 9:03 am  #121

Re: Hamlet

You should come down one year? I'll put u up lol!

Hoping to be backstage this year - chili peppers and Calvin Harris, happy days ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 22, 2014 10:06 am  #122

I'd love to make it there one year
Backstage again? You lucky, lucky thing! You never know who might be on the VIP list either;)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 22, 2014 10:56 am  #123

Maybe...one of my colleagues who normally does it will be 7 months pregnant so I've out my name in the hat for the job.

Yes.... You never know. He does like RHCP doesn't he??

I'm clueing for looks

March 22, 2014 2:39 pm  #124

gently69 wrote:

And if it would be available on DVD and Blu-ray afterwards it would be fantastic. I hope that they will publish Frankenstein someday.

My dream is that they release a double disc of Frankenstein so that you can have both actors in both roles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 22, 2014 3:08 pm  #125

I wouldn't hold your breath.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 22, 2014 11:11 pm  #126

Oh, I'm not BB.  But a girl can't help but dream.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 22, 2014 11:17 pm  #127

Opening night might be 6 August 2015. But this is not official.

http://www.london-theatreland.co.uk/theatres/barbican-theatre/hamlet.php

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 22, 2014 11:32 pm  #128

So the theatre season starts pretty early in London, doesn't it? In Germany it's usually around the end of August.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 23, 2014 2:24 am  #129

I can't help wonder if he'll visit Denmark to prepare for the role... He probably wont. But a girl can dream. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 23, 2014 6:07 am  #130

tonnaree wrote:

gently69 wrote:

And if it would be available on DVD and Blu-ray afterwards it would be fantastic. I hope that they will publish Frankenstein someday.

My dream is that they release a double disc of Frankenstein so that you can have both actors in both roles.

Oh God Yes! That would be ... indescribable.
And "Rosenkrantz..." as well ... and a summer weekend with "Hamlet" and some nice members of this forum ... and meeting Benedict in person ... and ... still have to read Hamlet but there wouldn't be a nice little role for Mark as well?
Oh ladies I am carried away by my dreams. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 23, 2014 7:34 am  #131

It's going to be amazing gently! I have a VERY good feeling for all of it ;))

I'm clueing for looks

March 23, 2014 9:09 am  #132

I can't wait for tickets to go on sale!!
All we need now is some big Movie news for him! :D

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 23, 2014 10:44 am  #133

gently69 wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Oh God Yes! That would be ... indescribable.
And "Rosenkrantz..." as well ... and a summer weekend with "Hamlet" and some nice members of this forum ... and meeting Benedict in person ... and ... still have to read Hamlet but there wouldn't be a nice little role for Mark as well?
Oh ladies I am carried away by my dreams.

But gently, as far as I know "Rosencrantz..." is just that tiny scene you already have on DVD... they especially prepared this for that evening.
There'd be lots of roles for lots of actors from "Sherlock" - and some others. Yesterday my boyfriend said that it would be really funny if they'd cast Martin Freeman and Tom Hiddleston to play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, and I couldn't believe my ears. I mean, he's right, it would be soooo funny, but the roles just are too tiny and anyway... usually I am the one who has such crazy ideas!
The moment those tickets go on sale, the fandom will go absolutely crazy... as if the fandom wasn't crazy enough already...

Last edited by SolarSystem (March 23, 2014 10:45 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 23, 2014 10:50 am  #134

Well, if they made Mark look a bit older (or Benedict a bit younger) he might make a fine Claudius. 
I would love Benedict to play the whole Rosencrantz and Guildenstern one day. This one scene was awesome. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 23, 2014 10:58 am  #135

SusiGo wrote:

I would love Benedict to play the whole Rosencrantz and Guildenstern one day. This one scene was awesome. 

Oh yes, absolutely! The whole idea of the play is great, and he'd certainly be a perfect Rosencrantz...!

March 23, 2014 11:06 am  #136

Now we are getting really greedy. 

March 23, 2014 11:07 am  #137

Oh no, greedy... we just care for his career!

March 23, 2014 11:07 am  #138

Oh, it only was this tiny scene so far. Rosenkrantz ...  ok.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 23, 2014 11:11 am  #139

It was so lovely to see him in such a different part - funy and naive. Maybe we should address a petition and start collecting signatures. 

March 23, 2014 11:17 am  #140

Where can I sign, Susi?
And yes, it's amazing how incredible he can be even in such a tiny scene. I can watch it over and over and over again.

Board footera