BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2014 12:05 pm  #101

Re: Hamlet

SusiGo wrote:

If they chose Renaissance style costumes, we would get the short trousers and tights. Just saying. 

Like in "Rosencrantz ..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 12:59 pm  #102

SusiGo wrote:

"Frailty, thy name is woman." 

Never were such true words spoken. (And don't ask me where that's from, I haven't got a clue...)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 21, 2014 1:04 pm  #103

Also Hamlet. Google said ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 1:15 pm  #104

Well. For some reason it's already integrated into my subconscious.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 21, 2014 1:27 pm  #105

Apparently it is being filmed too ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 21, 2014 1:28 pm  #106

It is? Is it NT again?

(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 5:28 pm  #107

Barbican for Hamlet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 21, 2014 5:31 pm  #108

Now, who will get to be his Ophelia? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 21, 2014 5:33 pm  #109

Good question. And I am quite excited for the whole cast - Claudius? Gertrude? Horatio (such a beautiful friendship) ...  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 21, 2014 6:38 pm  #110

I'm really pleased he has got his dream role. He'll be amazing.  He'll really give it his all (though he does everything anyway).

March 21, 2014 7:12 pm  #111

SusiGo wrote:

Good question. And I am quite excited for the whole cast - Claudius? Gertrude? Horatio (such a beautiful friendship) ...  

James McAvoy for Horatio maybe?

I think we need some one really sexy for Gertrude.  She may have been of a certain age but still too vital a woman to just lay down and be a sad widow for the rest of her life.  We also need a suitable Claudius who seems capable of sweeping in and *cough cough* filling the void left by Hamlet's father.

oooooh, has Helen Mirren ever played Gertrude?

Last edited by tonnaree (March 21, 2014 7:12 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 21, 2014 7:30 pm  #112

Gently - according to the reporter who broke the news last night it is expected to be filmed. So fingers crossed eh?

Isn't it great to have something so new, and fresh, and exciting to speculate about! I dreamed about it last night...it was a lovely dream, the excitement of going. It was a modern adaptation in my mind palace

I'm clueing for looks

March 21, 2014 9:57 pm  #113

Is this when I say that since I was 12 I have wanted to play Ophelia??? And I wrote my finishing assignment in Highschool on Hamlet, 20 pages... 

Okay, I will find a way to go; I HAVE to see this! Hamlet has always had a special place in my heart... but heck, as long as I get to see Benedict! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 21, 2014 10:07 pm  #114

We will have to synchronise tickets phantom! X

I'm clueing for looks

March 21, 2014 10:20 pm  #115

Certainly!! It would be FANTASTIC to go see it with you and possibly other people from here!

If I get my way I'll make a Sherlock tour out of it... see the sights and of course Baker Street! If I remember correctly plane tickets to London won't be too expensive either. 

Okay. I don't care. This is happening! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 21, 2014 10:49 pm  #116

"clareiow" wrote:

Gently - according to the reporter who broke the news last night it is expected to be filmed. So fingers crossed eh?

You mean that it will be filmed in the theatre and broadcasted? If so, it'd be awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

March 22, 2014 6:35 am  #117

And if  it would be available on DVD and Blu-ray afterwards it would be fantastic. I hope that they will publish Frankenstein someday.

(Tony Hadley)

March 22, 2014 8:07 am  #118

Yeah, I really wish they'd release Frankenstein but I'm determined not to miss Hamlet! I'm so excited for it!
Plus, Kate Bush is playing some gigs in London this summer - something else I intend to get to see; I love having things to look forward to 

Last edited by Tinks (March 22, 2014 8:20 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 22, 2014 8:30 am  #119

Yeah Kate bush would be awesome! I have John Mayer in June, and the IW festival whoop whoop!

You know I'd really love to see Rosencrantz and Gildenstein on DVD. Here's to hoping ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 22, 2014 8:36 am  #120

Jealous! I always think they have the best acts at the IoW compared to the other big festivals!
John Mayer should be pretty good, too
And yeah, Rosencrantz would be awesome on DVD - I could kick myself sometimes at how much of his work I've missed out on!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

Board footera