BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2014 11:10 am  #81

Re: Hamlet

I'm so excited, too - it's ridiculous!!!
I wonder how far in advance ticket sales will start?
I'm so stupidly pleased for him that he's finally got a definite date for something
On Sherlock, I think the lack of a script is more of a problem at present than the Actors' schedule - there are no signs of Moftiss getting together to write one yet!!
I'm inclined to think though, as I think Solar said,that it might be broadcast around August time of 2016 - before Hamlet happens.
So we're all on hair watch now? I'm already on 'tache watch for signs of Percy Fawcett facial hair!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 21, 2014 11:15 am  #82

gently, what have I done...? I was just mentioning blond hair...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 21, 2014 11:19 am  #83

I think brown, cut really short (Edward Talbot style) with goatee beard!!!

I'm clueing for looks

March 21, 2014 11:20 am  #84

Solar ... you KNOW what you did!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 11:23 am  #85

SolarSystem wrote:

Susi...

Btw, blond hair...? What do you think?

Actually there is no reason to play him with blond hair. Not all Danes are blond. I know that Olivier made O'Toole dye his hair for Hamlet but why should he not be auburn? 

As for the quotes: 

Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. 

Now I am going to have a cry in the corner. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 21, 2014 11:25 am  #86

A goatee beard? Yeah ... something different.

Susi ... I can't concentrate on my office work when I'm dreaming!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 11:27 am  #87

Oh, there are lots of quotes to distract you, gently.  

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 21, 2014 11:27 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 21, 2014 11:30 am  #88

Do you what that mean? I can't go straight home after work. I first have to go to a book shop ... buy Hamlet in German and in the original version. I must!!!

(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 11:32 am  #89

Susi, I know... I just had to think of Kenneth Branagh, he looked kind of weird with his blond hair when he played Hamlet. In the end Ben can do whatever he wants to with his hair (and I know it's probably not even his decision to make), I'll just love and adore him.

gently... I am sure I haven't done anything, but please.... just forgive me.

And yes, I know, Susi is going all cultural here by quoting Shakespeare, and I'm just talking about the hair.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 21, 2014 11:33 am  #90

gently69 wrote:

Do you what that mean? I can't go straight home after work. I first have to go to a book shop ... buy Hamlet in German and in the original version. I must!!!

And you could also order Kenneth Branagh's "Hamlet" on DVD...

March 21, 2014 11:35 am  #91

gently69 wrote:

A goatee beard? Yeah ... something different.

Susi ... I can't concentrate on my office work when I'm dreaming!

Ooh no - no beard to cover that lovely face!;)
Beautiful quotes Susi - how am I going to hold my patience for over a year!!!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 21, 2014 11:38 am  #92

Of course, so will I. And I love him in PE as you all know. 

Brilliant idea, gently. The play is awesome. 

Sorry for showing off, Solar. It is just that I love that play so much. And then imagine him saying these words … but I will stop now.  

Last edited by SusiGo (March 21, 2014 11:39 am)

March 21, 2014 11:45 am  #93

SusiGo wrote:

… but I will stop now.  

Noooo!!!!! Please!!!!!

(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 11:46 am  #94

Hamlet!  It's a horrible play and everyone dies. 
Actually it's my favorite tragedy.   And I'm with you Susi, I can hear BC speaking those amazing words already in my head.

*seriously wishing she lived in the UK*

Please god let them film it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 21, 2014 11:47 am  #95

Well, yes. There are funny moments but all in all there is a lot of dying going on. 

"The rest is silence."

March 21, 2014 11:49 am  #96

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry for showing off, Solar. It is just that I love that play so much. And then imagine him saying these words … but I will stop now.  

Yes, Susi, you are a real show-off and you're second name is probably Lady Boast-A-Lot.
No, please, seriously, come on...!!! I was just kidding! You do the words, I do the, uhm, hair.

March 21, 2014 11:51 am  #97

SolarSystem wrote:

gently69 wrote:

And you could also order Kenneth Branagh's "Hamlet" on DVD...

Wow, in this film are nearly no actors that I don't know.

And this Hamlet style ... would suit Benedict as well, wouldn't it?

(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 11:56 am  #98

You mean Kenneth's? Yep, I definitely think so, this black uniform and then later you see him in a white shirt almost all the time... would definitely work.
I can really recommend the film, gently, it's four hours long - the complete play.

March 21, 2014 11:59 am  #99

I ordered it.
On Blu-ray. Was cheaper than DVD. Strange.

(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 12:01 pm  #100

Good choice. I remember watching it in an overheated cinema in the middle of summer. All the snow in the film was quite nice.

If they chose Renaissance style costumes, we would get the short trousers and tights. Just saying.  

"Frailty, thy name is woman." 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 21, 2014 12:02 pm)

Board footera